Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Patti - The catarat surgery is a breeze. If this chicken can do it, I KNOW YOU CAN!! (might just ask for the little extra wonderstuff though) Wink Sorry the job didn't come through for your DIL, but something better will come along.

Jen - Lots of men in the audience for Menopause...gives them a better understanding of what they have to look forward to. What a Face

Jean - How's the feline??

Any spare prayers and good vibes around? My grandson, Blake, was deployed last night to Afghanistan. We knew it was coming, but the army doesn't seem to give you an exact date, just between this and that date. I got word when I got home from work yesterday. He left a VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE...he's such a sweetheart. Crying or Very sad But this is something he wanted to do, so I've very proud of him.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 pm

chris........good thoughts and prayers for Blake.......My nephew Nathan is over in Baghdad right now so I understand how you feel!!!

Have fun packing this weekend.

j Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Patti - The catarat surgery is a breeze. If this chicken can do it, I KNOW YOU CAN!! (might just ask for the little extra wonderstuff though) Wink Sorry the job didn't come through for your DIL, but something better will come along.

Jen - Lots of men in the audience for Menopause...gives them a better understanding of what they have to look forward to. What a Face

Jean - How's the feline??

Any spare prayers and good vibes around? My grandson, Blake, was deployed last night to Afghanistan. We knew it was coming, but the army doesn't seem to give you an exact date, just between this and that date. I got word when I got home from work yesterday. He left a VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE...he's such a sweetheart. Crying or Very sad But this is something he wanted to do, so I've very proud of him.
I thought of you immediately when the doctor told me that I would have to have it done. Very Happy I guess if chicken little can do it..........I can do it!! Laughing And you better believe I will ask for that extra special stuff......and much as they can give me.

We shall keep Blake in our thoughts and prayers. You should be very, very proud of him......what a special young man.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Chris: I will say an extra prayer for Blake tonight...

Wait til you West Coasters see BB tonight!!!

Have a good evening all...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Booking my FIRST B2B!!!...YEEHAWWWWWWWWWW

When I told dh that several of our cruiser friends were doing the b2b on Oasis, he said book it..........guess I better take his temperature....he MUST be sick!!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Aiite........I'm blanking out here..........what's the diamond discount for balcony??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:06 pm

$200 for a 7 nighter.......soooooooo.what date do I add for you,Jul??

Lots of prayers for Blake...Chris.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Kathy..........jan 9 is the added one.......I do believe I've let these boards GET TO ME!!!!........

I need to stand at a podium and say " I AM AN ADDICT"

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Jul..............you ARE an ADDICT....no help for you,,.
what cabin did you get?????

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd --Ginny--SapphirePrincess--Mexican Riveria
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn/Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
10th--Jean--Millenium-- New Zealand/Australia
15th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand(b2b)

April
9th--Diane/Jill--Celebrity Millennium--Hawaii to Vancouver
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:26 pm

Great.......thanks K.......i was hoping SOMEONE would tell me I'm not an addict.....oh welllllllllll.........I guess there's worse things to be addicted to!!!!!

I had to give up my 10198 for 1/16 and take 10598 for both sailings.......balcony looks nanoo smaller but I sure as heck didn't want to have to pack and move...

Kathy.....come on and book one of them at least.....there's a great group already on the 16th......it's about like having the PB cruise again, everyone is already sooo excited and soo chatty!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 pm

Kathy.......I was laughing as I typed the "I'm an addict" cuz I have posted that on two blogs tonight...........
I'm an addict in cruising......and I'm an addict at reading a dear girl's blog on caringbridge.org that is going thru breast cancer at 29. her inspiration is just unbelievable to me (unfathomable too) and I NEED to read her words every day anymore....IM AN ADDICT!!

or maybe I'm just nuts! Who knows.........what I do know tho is I sure wish I was going on a cruise in the next week cuz I sure need it.......But I booked a 90minute massage for monday instead.......it's the closest to cruising I could get!!! LOL

Off to zzzzzz's.

have agood night
jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:38 am

Congrats Jul on the latest booking. I always say there are worse things to be addicted to!!

Patty- Sorry your DIL didn't get the job, I think I would tell that school to pound salt!

Chris- Maybe I will book the Menopause, and just not tell Jim till we get there! Laughing
Sorry your GS got deployed, I will pray for him also.

Still HOT here! It is very unusual to not cool off at night, my air conditioner just came back on! No fog in sight anywhere!

Have any of you heard of Dream Dinners? It's a prep kitchen, where they have the menu's all planned and everything ready to assemble, and you book a time and go in and make all your meals. I went for the first time tonight, and made 12 dinners that serve six people each, in 1 1/2 hours, and I didn't have to clean up a thing! Yippee! Now they are all tucked in my freezer ready to go.

Nighty night!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

Morning all! Going to be a short day today. Friday before a long weekend the boss always lets us leave early.

Julie, a B2B how wonderful. Of course with all of the new surprises on Oasis you'll need it just to get to see everything.

Our DS and his GF booked Oasis too, they're going to be on the same sailing as Jill, Dave, John, & I. Just down the hallway. We'll have to wait and see where the DD get's a job teaching and when fall break is as maybe the other 2 could come with us also.

Anyway leaving work early today, ballgame tomorrow, relax on Sunday & Monday.

I'll check back later, I need to go check something.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:14 am

Morning Ladies:

Sis: How wonderful that you booked a b2b, they are the best especially if you don't have to move...You can even drink a toast to me at sailaway for my b'day...

D: I was wondering if Tricia and Jacob would book too...you have email!

Patti: Sorry about your DIL but something else will come along...

Quiet weekend here, staying close to home...will check in Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am

Morning.....

Patti-sorry your DIL didnt get the job...I remember trying to get in the school system when I moved to Ocala......I applied at every school.......not even one interview......till one school.......I BEGGED the secretary to at least get me an interview.......that did the trick........got the job there........

Jen-ours here is called Doing Dinner....at first,I think they did a great business,but lately,looks like no one there when I drive by.........sign of the times,I think....great concept though..

We had a great dinner last night.........grilled ribeyes......and I made baked potatoes and sauteed mushrooms(with garlic and onions).....some vino and VOILA!! It was really good...........

Back later.......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 am

Morning everyone..............

Congratulations to those that have booked new cruises. Bon Voyage to those leaving............Welcome Home to those returning..........Happy Anniversary/Birthday to those celebrating. Guess I covered all the bases! Very Happy

Thanks for the soothing words everyone. I know that everything that happens in our lives is for a reason..............maybe it is a good thing she did not get this job. Our school board is running the district right into the ground. Teachers might even go on strike in October..........and it's not over wages..............it's benefits.

Have a wonderful day...............check back later.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Happy Friday--

Chris--continued prayers for Blake, you must be so proud.

Jul--congrats of the new bookings, there certainly are worse addictions and this is one we can relate to--

Later--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:42 am

Good morning and happy Labor Day weekend all...........

Y'all must have plans.....its sooooooooo Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 23_7_1 in here..
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:45 am

Hello All...has been a while...we were gone last weekend..I usually post here on weekend, as for some reason this site will not hold a login at work & it is maddening to login in & find your way bak to here...

Hope every one is well...I will echo Patti's Happy all voyages, returns Birthdays & Anniversaries.

Work is absolutely consuming right now...what the heck...

Yes we have mulled over the Oasis, but are waiting a bit to book...

We have tickets to football games, I have 2 work trips in October and yes a nice long cruise is coming in November...we are so looking forward.

Last weekend was Atlantis in nassau...FABULOUS! Food is very pricey...but heck what is not now days?

Have pictures posted
http://community.webshots.com/user/bdoster

Happy Labor Day Weekend All! Laughing
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Kathy.......I was laughing as I typed the "I'm an addict" cuz I have posted that on two blogs tonight...........
I'm an addict in cruising......and I'm an addict at reading a dear girl's blog on caringbridge.org that is going thru breast cancer at 29. her inspiration is just unbelievable to me (unfathomable too) and I NEED to read her words every day anymore....IM AN ADDICT!!

have agood night
jul Smile

I am an addict as well and have no intention of seeking treatment!

No No No
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:04 am

Happy Labor Day weekend all!

Let's see if I can catch up...

Chris, God Bless your nephew and all those serving our country!

Patti, my Dad had both eyes done and he is sooo happy. No more glasses. Well, he did end up buying some cheapy readers at Walgreens, but I think it was just because he missed wearing them!

Jean, you posted this quite a while ago, but I had to laugh at your story about the housecleaners job not including vacuuming the furniture because I have the same issue! My gals love to fluff up my comforter on the bed and always take the top Kleenex out of the box and fluff it up... neither which I care about, but never seem to see that theres some crud on the back of the couch!

Jul I am so jealous of your B2B! Good for you!

Barb, how is life? Good to hear from you!

Kathy, thanks again for keeping us up to date on who is where!

Jen, they have a meal planning place by me, but I've never tried it.

Sheila, how's the cruise going?

I'm expecting a relatively quiet weekend. Ray is golfing today and we are going out to dinner tomorrow night for his B-Day. I won a $150 gift card to the Lettuce Entertainment restaurant chain at a meeting a couple weeks ago, so we are going to splurge and go somewhere we don't usually try and not worry about what we order!

BV to everyone who is sailing soon! Keep away from Hanna and Gustav!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:06 am

Well, re-reading my post, I see I missed saying hi to Jill, Diane and Ginnie... and probably someone else. Didn't mean to leave you out and hope EVERYONE has a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Morning everyone and a very Happy Labor Day Weekend to all. Now, remember this is a holiday weekend........you do not have to labor/work! Laughing

So nice to hear from Barb and Susan.......hi to you both and hope all is well. You both sound very busy.

Hope that Chris and Martha are getting their packing done this weekend. It's now or never.

Wishing everyone a great day...............
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Great pics Barb, is Sharon your sister????, If you are thinking about Oasis take a look at 10/9/10 we have a great roll call already and the prices are very, very good...

Susan, I almost got an inferiority complex with you forgetting about me, until I read the next post!!!

Jen: There are a couple of these make and take places in our area too, but have never tried them either...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, quiet here and no plans, just relaxing...Kinda overcast and windy, you can smell Fall in the Air!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Barb-Looked at ALL your pics.......I missed seeing you by just one week........Aug 16th,we took the jitney to the bridge.............walked over it then walked around Atlantis and went to the beach next door.............then we walked back over the outgoing(back to Nassau) bridge..........ate at one of the little shacks there then the Poop Deck.......

Is this the area where you took those last pics??I recognize the tilework.
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 2506410840042692775S425x425Q85

I sent a friend of mine your pics......she'll be on the Sovereign with me and wanted to know about the Digs........I,personally,dont think it is worth $35..told her she could get in free after 5 or just look at the fish from the one dining room......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next