Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 am

Oh Diane.....Im sorry.........wonder how they found out???? You think someone reported you???? That is soooooooooooo ridiculous..........not like its a big top secret CIA/FBI kind of board...........gimme a break.............

sorry about that Chris...it was a mistake...didnt realize people would hit reply all.......like I told someone who wrote me about it,I wont do that again.........just use that delete button,just in case.........

How about the rest of the Oasis news?? I swear,if I was going on her,I wouldnt even get off at any of the ports..........I think you need a b2b to see it all.......amazing................people are saying they'll charge for the cabanas...dont like that idea much myself..
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:48 am

Diane, Doesn't Karen realize that you are going on the CC cruise???
Maybe she is the one that banned you again after you sent the email to her...I think it STINKS!
Call me when you get a chance...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:15 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Diane, Doesn't Karen realize that you are going on the CC cruise???
Maybe she is the one that banned you again after you sent the email to her...I think it STINKS!
Call me when you get a chance...

Yes, I told her who I was. And, explained why I was banned the first time. I also told her about WN and her 2 id's that did not seem to matter to her. Before my time was all she said. FYI, the kids have booked the cruise.

I have a conference call in a few minutes will call after that.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
D........OH PUHLEEZZZZZ...........

Jen.......We saw Cher two weeks ago....I had been given tickets ($550 worth)....I have to say the show is good....reminds ya of some good songs but I sure as heck would NOT pay $400 + to see her. I would in a heartbeat pay that for Celine. Major difference is...Celine entertained, danced and sang wayyyy more than Cher. Cher sang a song then there was 10mins of costume change while you basically watch tv on a big screen and sometimes some acrobats....soooooo for 1.5 hours you ONLY get 45 mins of Cher singing....she does like NO dancing....walks back and forth across the stage......

I have heard many many many say that "Love -the beatles" or Mama Mia are WONDERFUL....

jul Wink

Morning all!

Jul- That's pretty much what I figured. I guess I am just outa touch with reality on prices! Or just a cheapskate! LOL!
I've seen Mama Mia, Phantom, Jersey Boys etc.... I really wanted to see Celine, but I am a year to late. American Express has a deal on the Cirque tickets, so I booked the Mystere, just not sure if I want to do 2 cirque shows?

Diane- I guess I missed that you were perm banned! I thought you were back a long time ago. That is so rediculous!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Hello All--

Chris--we get to London on Sunday and our palace tour is at noon. We spent several days in London before our TA two years ago so this was the only thing we wanted to do.

Diane--how can they do that to you?

Hope the rest of you are having a great day.

Later--
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Diane, sorry to hear that you've been banned again. Nothing like inconsistent enforcement of the rules.

Jen, I've heard a lot of people (well, a few, anyway) say that O was the best production they've ever seen. I wouldn't pay $400 for Cher or Celine. I think we paid $150 or so for Elton John's Red Piano concert and that was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. We sat in the upper mezzanine and the sound was fabulous. Plus it's a small enough theater that you don't miss anything visually. I may have to see when the Divine Miss M is going to be in town - I love Bette Midler.

I'm having a war with the LA Times delivery service. They've stopped putting papers in plastic bags (concern for the environment, right, they're recyclable) and for two weeks our delivery guy tossed our paper into the rosebushes. The neighbors' sprinklers soaked it. I keep calling and finally called today to cancel all but Sunday, at which point they offered me a promotional deal and begged for 48 hours to fix the problem. I suspect that the next few days' papers will be soaked. Call me a cynic!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Afternoon everyone..................had my yearly doctor's visit..............everything is in working order! My doctor gave me the form to have the girls portraits done again...........so made an appointment for September 16. Nothing like cutting it close to leaving. Last doctor this week is tomorrow.................eye appointment. Hopefully he'll change my prescription, cause these are pretty bad.

Diane, I am so sorry to hear that you got axed again. I just don't understand...........but how did they find out..........that's the question.

Jean, I hope you get your newspaper issue resolved. They deliver ours in plastic and throw them in the driveway. If it's windy........they end up on my neighbors porch.

Nancy, are you packed yet?

Chris, nice talking with you last night..........now that you are organized...........start folding and rolling.

Have a great afternoon.................

Last edited by cruisenfever on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:29 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
My doctor gave me the form to have the girls portraits done again

Now that just cracks me up.......never heard it put that way.. lol!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi Everyone...

Diane - that just plain stinks!!!! The only enforce the "rules" when it pleases them. IF the PITA WN can change her screen-name, others should be given the same opportunity.

Jen - Have you seen Menopause? It's so funny, and has a "reasonable" price at the Hilton. I agree with Jean, Elton John puts on one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. If you've ever seen any of the Cirque traveling shows, Mystere comes closest. We've been many times and still love it. I think there are 5 or 6 Cirque shows in town. It's a shame they don't have more headliners like they did in the old days...the town was better when the mafia ran the place..IMHO.

Patti - Always great talking to you! How long did it take you to bump LJ off the puter when we hung up??? Wink The folding, rolling and cramming will happen the weekend. We've both been so slammed this week, don't have the patience to work on it.

Nancy - Awww...was hoping maybe we were doing the palace on the same day, but we'll certainly run into you at the hotel! Very Happy

Kathy - No problem at all, no apology necessary. I just wish I could've seen the whole thing. One of these days we must get rid of dial up, and get better computers.

THREE MORE WORK DAYS!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Chris--three more work days, good for you. We will plan to see you at the hotel, for sure for the transfer if not before. I think you are going to Porter's but we will head to bed.

Patti--I nearly have all of my things set aside and Ken was working on his this afternoon. Ken does all of the packing, has for almost all the years of our marriage once we realized he is much better at it then I am. All the years I traveled for work, all I did was set out my things and he packed them. I love it!!

Hope all of you have a great evening--
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:09 pm

I would love to be back on the Jewel again! If Bobby Brown is still the CD say hello to him and his lovely wife Becky (activities director) from Don & Jean from cA. I'm sure they won't remember us, but they'll pretend they do, LOL.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Quote :

Patti - Always great talking to you! How long did it take you to bump LJ off the puter when we hung up??? Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_wink
The folding, rolling and cramming will happen the weekend. We've both
been so slammed this week, don't have the patience to work on it.
He got off the computer just as I was hanging up......then wanted me to tell him all about our conversation.

Quote :
Patti--I nearly have all of my things set aside
and Ken was working on his this afternoon. Ken does all of the packing,
has for almost all the years of our marriage once we realized he is
much better at it then I am. All the years I traveled for work, all I
did was set out my things and he packed them. I love it!!
Gee Nancy.........does he do windows also?? Laughing If I left that job up to Jim..........well, since he reads what I post, I guess I'd better not go into detail! Shocked

I pack all of my things and then I pack all of Jim's dinner clothes. His daytime clothes he packs himself. In fact, I just told him tonight that it's getting close to that time when I will ask him to pick out what shirts he wants to take.....oh, it's like pulling teeth. affraid I'll get my clothes organized this weekend. If I left it up to him, he would be packing the night before we leave.

Quote :
I would love to be back on the Jewel again! If
Bobby Brown is still the CD say hello to him and his lovely wife Becky
(activities director) from Don & Jean from cA. I'm sure they won't
remember us, but they'll pretend they do, LOL.
Ah come on............you know that you and Don are unforgettable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I do all the packing around here.......For the Serenade I gave dh TWO items to pack, his sunglasses and a book......we were 1.5 miles from home when he complained he didn't have his sunglasses....and no book.....nope, he wouldn't turn around and go get them either.....

I don't even ask what he wants to wear (with the exception of pants or shorts on a plane!)......he is also horrid at matching his colors too.....and at least he knows it!!

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 pm

Dennis packs his own stuff..........I pack my own......he does all the ironing......me?? i would go wrinkled and look like everyone else that is living outta a suitcase... Laughing He can not stand to have one wrinkle.....

Anyone watch America's Greatest Dog??? It was sooooooooo amazing tonite...my dogs look really dumb compared to them,,,,,,,but thats ok,I love them anyway.. I love you
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:07 am

cruiseforme wrote:
I do all the packing around here.......For the Serenade I gave dh TWO items to pack, his sunglasses and a book......we were 1.5 miles from home when he complained he didn't have his sunglasses....and no book.....nope, he wouldn't turn around and go get them either.....

I don't even ask what he wants to wear (with the exception of pants or shorts on a plane!)......he is also horrid at matching his colors too.....and at least he knows it!!

j

John does all his own packing too. We've both been known to forget things. But, several years ago I think it was Navigator he had put his suit on for formal night and when he reached under the bed for his dress shoes.... no shoes. When we got to St Thomas (I think) he bought a pair at Payless. We still laugh about that.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:36 am

Don is another self-packer. I wouldn't have a clue what to put into his suitcase.

One cat is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I found him hiding in one of the litterboxes tonight, and then he vanished before eating his supper. He finally came out from who knows where he was hiding about 30 minutes ago. I need a pet whisperer to come out and calm him down!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:18 am

critterchick wrote:
Don is another self-packer. I wouldn't have a clue what to put into his suitcase.

I think that's why John packs for himself, I'm not sure he'd like what I would pack for him lol! . jocolor

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 am

Morning Gals,

My father taught me everything I know about packing, therefore I do the packing...Dave just lays out all his clothes and I take it from there...
Another hot, hot, hot day here...
To all that are leaving this weekend, have a safe journey and a wonderful time on the Jewel...If you happen to see the Queen, give her the wave!!! Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:09 am

Morning all......

Before everyone heads outta town,thought I'd post the travel and occasion lists for now till end of Sept........

wow,not only is Sheila/Bob celebrating their anniv with a cruise,so is Nancy/Ken CONGRATS!!

Bon B2B Voyage to you,Jean...........

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept:
1st--Ray(Susan's DH)
4th--Nancy&Ken(anniv)
4th--David(Jul's DH)
10th--Jim(Patti's DH)
12th--Sheila&Bob(anniv)
17th--Jen
19th--Jean
19th--Dave(Jill's DH)
24th--Chris
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Morning everyone!

We have our hot weather back! Over 100 yesterday. Had to go to "Back to School" night last night, and thankfully they held it outside on the lawn under the oak tree's, I was dreading sitting in stuffy class rooms!

Then came home, and went swimming at MIL's house, around the corner, it was still very warm at 9:30pm.

Thanks Jean and Chris on the tips. I thought about Menopause, but wasn't sure if I could drag Jim to it! We may just hit some comedy clubs. I'm for just relaxing, but since Jim has never been to Vegas, I want him to get the full dose!! LOL!

Bon Voyage again Jean! I don't know what the Monarch will do without you! You are truly loved by all on board that ship. I think they should have asked you to escort the ship to Florida!

Happy packing Chris, Martha, Ken and Nancy! I do all the packing for cruises and Jim does the packing for camping trips! Gee, I wonder why! LOL!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Hello All--

Kathy--thanks for the congrats. Actually, we plan to celebrate with Sheila and Bob at Portofino for our anniversaries, looking forward to that.

Jen--just talked to our Jen in SF and she was telling us how hot it was, unusual weather for you, isn't it?

Jill--still closely watching the weather, just hope Gustav stays away.

Have a great Thursday--

Later--------
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Afternoon.................have been to the eye doctor........had the eyes dilated..........now I really can't see.

Looks like DIL did not get the job at the elementary school. Sad I feel so bad for her because you can't achieve experience if nobody gives you a chance and I guess they don't consider a full time substitute as having experience!

Check back later.................
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Patti--so sorry for your family, we were all pulling for your DIL

Do hope all is well with your eyes
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Patti--so sorry for your family, we were all pulling for your DIL

Do hope all is well with your eyes
Thanks Nancy.............guess it's back to being a full time sub for her.

Eyes are OK.........have a cataract that will have to be taken care of next spring. Not looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Patti......I understand what your dil is going thru. I remember (back in the day) when I wanted to be a bank teller and they wouldn't hire without experience but I couldn't understand how you get experience then??!!! Will keep praying she gets something...

BV to all those leaving..........

Happy Birthday/Anniversary to those coming up!....

j Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next