Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Morning everyone!

Had a busy weekend, spent Saturday cleaning out my older son's room, for younger son to move into. While dh drove up to Boy Scout camp to pick up younger son. He had to come home a week early, as his school starts a week before the rest of Napa.

Went scrapbooking Saturday night and finally finished my Alaska album! I am so behind, on everything else I need to get moving!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. It is warming up here again, 90's this week after
70's last week.

Have a busy week ahead, getting son ready for school, and getting ready for the cruise this weekend with Jean and Ginny.

Take care,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:19 pm

critterchick wrote:
Nancy, have fun camping!

Sheila, when you copy somebody's item and just paste it into your signature there's a link to them, so when they change what they're doing it changes yours. That happened when the Royal Champions were trading D+ signatures. I think you have to save it in another program to remove the link, then paste it in.

But I'm not sure. That's just my very fuzzy recollection.

Thank you Jean for your explanation. It makes sense to me now since I got the banner from the same person who then posted the pin in his siggi. He has since sent me a file of the banner and I have fixed things up. I thought I going crazy and of course some on this thread who shall remain nameless were having a ball with their "Amusing" comments. TheFinger Laughing

Nancy happy camping. You're such good grandparents. See you soon.

BB was great. Lots of drama and yes Jill you were right about the nominees. I hope the house agrees that Libra must go. I think Keesha will fold after she's gone. I feel bad that Jerry is so bitter about Dan. He's beginning to get on my nerves a bit. Can't wait for the POV comp.

I am soooo tired since I'm staying up late to watch the Olympics. I know I could tape it but I get sucked in and can't stop. The 4X100 last night was phenominal. That'll teach the frogs to talk trash. The anchor guy swam the fastest split in history. It's all just so exciting. I swam my laps today with new inspiration and I am carefully watching the underwater cameras for stroking tips.

The weather here is very cool today. Everywhere around us had bad storms yesterday but we barely had any rain at all. We sure could use some.

Have a great day everyone catcha all later.

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Been a busy day here today. Got alot done too. Jill will probably tell you all I got done was sending her emails but I'm a multitasking dynamo. Some of what I got done was actual work. roflmao

It's only 88 here today. We had rain storms go through today and the temps really dropped.

Ready to call it day and go home and watch the Olympics.

l8r

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 am

So what gives? No posts since I left work yesterday! Y'all must have been glued to the TV last night.

Anyway, all quiet here. More rain last night, thunder and lightening quite a show.

I'll check in later.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:39 am

Wow...that was a long time between posts!! Must be the Olympics.....I tell you that Michael Phleps looks like he is part amphibian!! Laughing Amazing!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 am

I wrote a post a little while ago and hit the wrong button by mistake. Poof!!!!

Anyway, yes I was up late again watching the gymnasts. It's just so exciting. Thank goodness I don't have to be in 'til 12 noon today. but 6am tomorrow affraid I'll still probably stay up though. Had our GD overnight. Pop-pop just left to meet our other DD. She's going to take her to Ocean City with them to help with the little kids and have some fun. It gets her away from the sadness in the neighborhood.

It's still beautiful here. No air since last Friday. It was down right cold last night. Have a great day everyone.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am

Morning everyone!

I guess everyone is busy busy busy! I've been to pooped at night to watch very much of the olympics. I really miss it though, especially the gymnastics. Maybe next week will settle down.

Jul, must be very busy in Vegas. She sent me a picture of her new scrapbook room which is just awesome, but I didn't see her post it here?

Cool and foggy this am....

I have to start packing tonight, and I have no clue what I am bringing, I always bring to much, because I just can't decide. You would think I would have it down by now! Embarassed

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Morning everyone.............it's another beautiful day here.........windows opened and it's dry!!

Yesterday was a busy day for us here..............."I" decided that it was time to start cleaning the garage out. I can relate to Jean, but at least she can get her car inside..........I still cannot. BUT, we are on a mission.............well, maybe it is me that is on a mission.

The Olympics were outstanding last night. I was so happy for the USA Men's Gymnastics team...........they so deserved that medal, especially when everyone counted them out of the competition.

Have a great day and will check back later.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm

I hit some key that wiped out my post!

I'm glad the men got a medal - I nodded off while the Germans were competing so I didn't see the final result. And our paper arrived soaked from the sprinklers AGAIN so I couldn't look at the sports page. Evil or Very Mad They stopped using the plastic bags "for environmental reasons," although I don't see the environmental benefits to tossing the paper straight into the trash and having them drive out to deliver another one. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Afternoon All: Our puter, tv and phone are finally back on...Out since yesterday afternoon, although they did get the tv working for the olympics last night...Kudos to Michael Phelps, he is wonderful...Also enjoyed Misty and Kerri beach volleyball...
Off to ketchup on postings...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Have not watched the Olympics at all, been playing Mario Kart with GS in the evening. Hurray for USA!

Just finished a phone call with Royal Caribbean that surprised me and tickled me at the same time. A delightful lady Mercedes) from Customer Service called and asked how I enjoyed my cruise with Liberty of the Seas, if I had any comments good or otherwise. That they appreciated my completing the comment card and turning in it. I mentioned two of the people by name who were so helpful, one from Guest Relations and the Diamond Concierge. I failed to mention a few others and will send an e-mail because they were so kind and helpful as well. I did speak of the door to the balcony being difficult and unusable for me but the benefit of having a large round window that I could enjoy to look out of. I do need to put all of my thoughts on paper and send it as despite the difficulty of walking and being able to do things the cruise was good. The dining crew in Johnny Rockets were so fun and I enjoyed the times I would go up there and have a meal. Any way the call sure surprised me and I do appreciate that they took the time to ask my thoughts.

My son's car has bit the dust and so we are sharing my car for the time being. That means I have to work off a flow chart to know when I will have to let them have it to use or when I will be playing bus driver taking them and picking them up. Such is life! Grateful that I can help and that are here to help me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Wow Ginny.that was really nice of them to call.................

Yea Jen/Jean and Ginny---------better start packing..........Me?? I'll do that Thursday......what kind of cabin do you all have??

Sheila-when exactly do you leave??

Jill-bet you felt lost with all that stuff out...........
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi all,
Got on the scale this AM, and have now lost 14 lbs! Whoo Hoo. Have kind of been on a maintenance program of my own and am still dropping weight which I find fascinating...I didn't even exercise this past week since I have a vey tender heel...but did use hand weights.

Jill and Sheila....Michelle nominated exactly who I thought she would. Besides Libra, I now think Jerry should go too...my Dad, a former Marine, would roll over in his grave by the way Jerry is acting....so very immature. Shouldn't wear that T-shirt. I also feel sorry for Dan taking the brunt for America's choice, but he seems to really know how to play this game!

Tomorrow starts our long days at the conference...then next week I can bring out the suitcases and start to pack...Whoo Hoo.

Sheila, when we went to set up registration for the conference yesterday, we saw the "black suits" on campus (Secret Service for Saturday)...man, I am sure glad we aren't going to be near the campus then with all the traffic and high security...(Obama and McCain are coming). What a zoo that will be!

That is it from the "O.C.".....Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Kathy,

Will pack on Thursday night, it only needs to be a small carry on since it is just three nights. Nigel usually doesn't bring much. Very Happy I am looking forward to introducing him to Jen and Jean.

Mar, cheers HappyHappyJoyJoy you are doing great!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Afternoon all!

Kathy- I am spoiled this trip with my own cabin. An oceanview on Deck 7.

Ginny- Are you still next door to me? I think Jean moved up to Deck 9 when Don decided to join us.

I have to get busy and pack, as I will be heading to the airport from work on Thursday afternoon, as Jean so graciously offered to pick me up and spend the night with them. I am excited to meet all of her critters! cat cat monkey pig rabbit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Congrats Mar on the 14 lbs! I have lost 9, but I think I still weigh a bit more than on our Alaska cruise, it is very hard. I fall off the diet wagon alot! I know I won't ever be thin, but I just want to be comfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Remember to keep those curtains closed,Jen and Ginny...........dont want to offer anyone a peep show!! Laughing

We're on deck 5........inside cabin........deck 9 next month and it has a balcony.....

Congrats on the weight loss,Mar.....I'd like to do Nutrisystem,but its not cheap......then again,cheaper than buying food every day.....its the initial outlay of money!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 pm

All of you gals getting ready to cruise have a great time and think of us at home...

Kathy: Did you get "THE" cabin Wink ??? Have a wonderful BD cruise...
and yes, I felt lost without the puter...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Evening everyone.......

First of all congratulations to Mar and Jen for the weight lost. Oh, but I am so jealous. Keep up the good work.

Now to Ginny, Jean, Jen and Kathy..........Bon Voyage......................to Kathy............Happy Birthday.

To Jill...........glad you are back in touch. Isn't being without a computer the pits?

Diane, hope the storms have stopped and now you've got your buddy back.........so let the emails resume.

Have a great evening.............off to watch more of the Olympics. Hope that Michael Phelps makes history tonight and sure do hope that the USA Women stick it to the Chinese in gymnastics.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 pm

I'll probably pack on Thursday night and Friday morning. We're on Deck 10 - I love having a balcony, even on a 3-nighter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

I am soooo sleep deprived Sleep Sleep Staying up late since I can't bear to turn it off and go to bed.

Kathy we leave on Aug 24th for London and sail on the 27th.

Bon Voyage to all who are leaving this week. I know you'll have a blast.

Mar congrats on the weight loss. I am on a full court press 'til I leave. Hope it works. I would be fascinated to see what transpires before a candidate's visit.

Glad you got your stuff back Jill.

I'm watching BB10 at the moment and have the Olympics taping. POV was interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Yea Jill......we have the secret balcony cabin next month.....

Jean- I would love a balcony on the 3 nighters but on the SS,you could do a b2b2b for the price of one.........

Thanks Patti.........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:07 am

Is it me or does beach volleyball in a landlocked city seem odd?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 am

Yea Beach volleyball should be on the beach.....by the water,,,,,,

Happy hump Day all............

Meeting my daughter for lunch today at Cracker Barrel,.,.,.,.,.1/2 way between here and Tampa(where she lives).........

Back later!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Morning all!

Still not packed, ended up having a friend over for dinner last night, and she didn't leave until 10:00.

We were looking at my Son's college schedule and noticed that finals week falls on our December cruise! I know I checked the Napa Schools website, to see when the semester ended, before I booked, but it appears it was only a draft and now they have changed the schedule!

I don't know what I am going to do! I don't want to cancel, don't want to leave the kids home, and don't really want to change it to another date, as I think we will lose our obc and group stuff. I am very bummed! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next