Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Jill and Sheila....well, FINALLY....April had the guts to stand up to them! And what a little sneak Keesha is!! Here they all went with her wishes and she turns on them!! WEll, thankfully we will get rid of one of them...Memphis or Jesse...regardless of POV. But if the POV is mental...neither may get it...giggle. (I am talking about BB10, ladies) I am glad "America" agrees with us about Jesse...but I feel sorry for his family as they watch....even Julie called him "cocky".

Will most likely get out the suitcase soon and start working down my packing list...putting shoes and workout stuff in...it is early, but we have a lot of stuff going in this month, so have to pack whenever I can. We have two Choir performances this week on Wed. and Thurs. nights as well as Sunday....and a BIG conference all week, next week.

Anyone been to Progresso, Mexico? And if so, where did you go for a ship's excursion? Just thinking about our Voyager cruises in January. We have been to the ruins of Tulum, and Chichen Itza on other cruises.

Would you believe that normally arid Calif. has humidity? Yup! Last few years we have had some...mostly comes up from Mexico. Makes it feel twice as hot.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Good Afternoon All. Patti I would have enjoyed that concert too. Glad you got to go. Kathy I hope you find out why your day is special. Our weather is still very nice. Windows are still open.

As far as BB10 goes. I think the same as Mar, if the POV is a mental test then it's up for grabs. Even a physical one as well since the boys didn't do so well with the last one. Jessie is awful and I hope he goes soon. It could go either way this week though.

Jen I'm glad your enjoying you lake house. I really miss my little cottage.

I have to run back to the pool this afternoon as some of the kids are off recerting so they need me to lifeguard. Only for a couple of hours though.

I'll check in later.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Was on the phone with my friend Cincy-Dave and he got an email from one of our fellow cruises who told him who won the POV...I told him not to tell me I want to be surprised!!! I did ask male or female, but he would not tell!!!

Mar: Dave & I were just talking about you and Bob going to Alaska this morning!!!
It was just about a year ago at this time that we were getting ready to go, so get those bags packed...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 pm

Can you believe it's almost a year already. Sad I miss you guys, we need a reunion cruise and not this onesy, twosy crap either. A full blown all members Polar Bears Unite Cruise. Let's do it on NCL then WN can join us affraid just kidding.

Although it'll probably have to be in 2011 now because we're booked for 2009 and 2010 now. And, that's all I'm saying on that subject.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:15 pm

frudutx wrote:
Can you believe it's almost a year already. Sad I miss you guys, we need a reunion cruise and not this onesy, twosy crap either. A full blown all members Polar Bears Unite Cruise. Let's do it on NCL then WN can join us affraid just kidding.

Although it'll probably have to be in 2011 now because we're booked for 2009 and 2010 now. And, that's all I'm saying on that subject.

d
Oh...what fun!!! ThumpsUp ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm

frudutx wrote:

d

I'm all for a reunion cruise too. 2011 would be great for us. I think we should start planning now. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm

What a day........glad it's over......and now onto some rest....

My dd in Indiana called today and has taken on a "foreign exchange student' for this coming school year.......She has a 16yr old boy coming from Germany. Her dh is studying german so he's excited.

Sooooo I guess i'm an adopted gramma for a 16yr old.

Here's the weird part.........I told my other dd (prego one) that I wondered about birthday week (oct 3-10) as far as the twins being born that early. She said she hoped not cuz it's actually too early.....but I said that I just had a feeling about it.......the 16yr old's birthday is...Oct 3!!!!

Gotta trust those feelings.........GET THE TICKET KATHY

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Ohhhh! Let's do a Neil Diamond reunion cruise in 2011! Wonder if we ask him now if he'll come with us? We could call it the "Neil "Diamond Plus" cruise! Wouldn't CCC be jealous!

Had a great week last week at work. We had a great 2nd quarter and quarterly bonus' were paid out. Nice chunk o'unexpected change came my way. Then, I met with the owner and CFO and they told me to hire 2 more employees, so I'm interviewing this week. It is so sad really. The economy is sooo bad and some of the folks I've been calling are sooo desparate to get back to work they are almost willing to do anything. It's going to make it hard for me to choose! But a good problem to have I supposed.

I vote Patti the president of the SPB reunion Neil Diamond Plus cruise... so where are we going????
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Diane - You are tooooooooooooo funny! If that would happen, wonder how happy she'd be to see the SPB's & adopted SPB's Kathy & Phil. We really should plan something...how about July 2010!!! LOL

Patti - Lucky Lady!!!! We love Neil. Have seen in several times (even paid scalper prices many years ago at the Greek Theatre). He did two New Year's concerts here about 10-12 years ago (maybe it hasn't been that long) and was fabulous. As you said, "the old guy still has IT"

Mar - Know what you mean about humidity. Isn't Vegas supposed to be DRY heat??? Thunder and lightening around the valley this afternoon, and veeeeeeeery humid.

Jul - Will you be in town this week? With the change in our weather, I thought you might be here already.

Jen - I love the mountains...glad you had a nice time and got some things done.

Jill - Those guys were such woosies...the girls put them to shame. Jessie HAS to go. I don't have a problem with Memphis. We've *thought* about packing, but haven't got to it yet lol. Strange...because we are usually packed way in advance. At least we'll get to see a few SPB's on the Jewel...Nice sweet Nancy, and that short person with the perky "sisters".

Welcome home Jean and Ginny!

Kathy - Hope you bought that lottery ticket. Maybe Dennis will bring you a nice surprise.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Murphy wrote:
Ohhhh! Let's do a Neil Diamond reunion cruise in 2011! Wonder if we ask him now if he'll come with us? We could call it the "Neil "Diamond Plus" cruise! Wouldn't CCC be jealous!
roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Quote :
I vote Patti the president of the SPB reunion Neil Diamond Plus cruise... so where are we going????
I'd probably get myself banned................ya know how touchy those cubic zirconium's are.

Last edited by cruisenfever on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Chris..........we fly in Friday.........have no idea what the week will bring for me other than craziness, stress and HOPEFULLY some winning at blackjack cheers and maybe a little too much 'vino'.. drunken Will call y'all if it looks like we get any personal time with the exception of midnight to 5am!!!!

jul Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm

I went to the store tonite to get the fixings for a Greek Pasta Tuna salad(this months Rachel Ray mag)..............had ONE dollar in my wallet(I debit everything).so I bought a Fantasy five......figured Lotto drawing wasnt till Wed......Fantasty Five is every night........anyway,outta the 5 numbers,3 were birthdates of me,my son and my daughter.......think its a sign??

OHOH...I hear a t-storm.........better go.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:27 pm

Quote :
At least we'll get to see a few SPB's on the Jewel...Nice sweet Nancy, and that short person with the perky "sisters".

You are in so much trouble. All I can say is don't walk near the edge of the pool. ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 am

Evening all!

Sheila and gang, If any of you want to vacation in NorCal someday, you are all more than welcome at our Clear Lake house. It's actually pretty big, 3 Bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths, and approximately 2,000-2400 sq ft. It's a bit run down from being neglected, but we are putting in some TLC. It is about a half mile from the lake, a golf course and two swimming pools and 4 miles from Konocti resort, where they have concerts. I will try to post some pictures as we get things done.

Patti- I keep forgetting to ask, did you get your computer problems all fixed, and are you getting emails from June now?
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:22 am

Good Evening Ladies,

Arrived home tonight around 4:30 PM. The 405 Freeway was bumper to bumper but the 14 Freeway was nice and clear. Anyway have spent the last hour + reading and catching up on the postings.

No problems here from the earthquake which my son said sounded like a tractor/trailer rig coming down the street changing into a a boat bobbing on the water.

Liberty of the Seas cruise was great met some really nice staff while on board. Had some interesting and frustrating times. The Diamond Lounge was wonderful, Pretty was the Concierge. She was very nice. Dinner in Chops and Portofino's was outstanding! My cabin was nice, but I learned a big lesson about aft corners. I knew the cabin had a door rather then slider. What I didn't know is how difficult it is to open. With my back out it was impossible and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to open it to get back in even if I figured out how to open it in the first place. So I spent the week sitting on the bed looking out the very large porthole window at the wake. Sad By Thursday & Friday (the last few days) when my back was okay and leaning my full weight against the door to open it the chairs were so dirty it was sad. Question: Am I or the room steward suppose to keep the balcony clean? What has been your experience? Room steward was polite and friendly but didn't deliver things I should have been given, ie comment card, paperwork needed to get off the ship, etc. I know it is picky of me but I have been spoiled and gotten used to it.

At the platinum,diamond & diamond plus party I received the bottle of Kobet's (sp) which took me by surprise as I know that I didn't have the most cruises out of everyone on the ship, but I did of those at the party. So that was fun. I did receive a crystal block from the LA which is what I had hoped would happen., she had it delivered to my cabin.

The only port I got off on was at the private island where I sat keeping a eye on the the three grandchildren of Liz. They all loved the water and were 18 months, 3 years and 9 years old. Mom and Dad were on the Zip line and once they came back I went back to the ship.

So even thought I didn't get off the ship spent the first five days of our ten days (three in Miami) the cruise was great. The Hilton was nice and they gave me a handicap suite but it had a bathtub which I couldn't step into. I had asked for a step in shower and they were able to find one for me not near as nice as the suite but it worked for me. Wasn't able to go to the Bayside Market Place liked I had hope to but there will be another time. We stayed at the Wdyham (sp) Airport Sat & Sun night and that also was a mix. I had ants in my room and had to be moved, but the pool was really nice and we spent all Sunday afternoon in it. The sunscreen worked well as I didn't get burned and I was in the water three hours and on the deck (in the shade) for at least two.
I now know I would prefer to stay downtown near the Market Place so as to have selection of where to eat and having some place to wander without taking a taxi.

Well that is how things went and overall I am so glad I went.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:06 am

Yeah I'm sure that Neil would be right there with us. lol!

So maybe a TA or a Panama Canal Transit or even another Alaska Cruise although at the moment I'd settle for three days docked at Galveston harbor even with Edouard almost on shore.

Ginny: I do not think you are spoiled, part of your cabiin was the balcony and as such it to should have been clean. Maybe not white glove clean but clean enough to at least sit on. Doesn't sound to me like it was.

Need to go to work. affraid

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am

Ginny .........welcome home.......glad you had a good time despite a few glitches.
and really glad you didn't come home to earthquake damage.

Jen......such an offer.....thank you!!....May take you up on it at some point........

Off to spend the day with my granddaughter........it's her 4th bday and I always spend the day with the birthday child. As my grandson told her....."it's the day gramma CAN"T say no!!!"......

have a great day

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:54 am

PH8 wrote:
I went to the store tonite to get the fixings for a Greek Pasta Tuna salad(this months Rachel Ray mag)..............had ONE dollar in my wallet(I debit everything).so I bought a Fantasy five......figured Lotto drawing wasnt till Wed......Fantasty Five is every night........anyway,outta the 5 numbers,3 were birthdates of me,my son and my daughter.......think its a sign??

OHOH...I hear a t-storm.........better go.........

OK, you know if you win a bundle you have to promise to take us all on a cruise. lol!

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 am

Good morning !!

Ginny--welcome home, sorry for a few glitches. We would expect the balcony chairs to be cleaned at the same time as the cabin.

Jen--you are putting some hard work into the lake house, it must be great to see the changes.

Chris--thanks for the kind words

Sheila--I second the idea of a reunion cruise in 2011. Right now I am fretting that we do not have something planned yet for 2010.

Have a good Tuesday--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am

Good Morning All,

Jen thank you so much for the wonderful invitation. I hope I can perhaps get out there some day.

Ginny, welcome home. Glad to hear your house is okay after the earthquake. I agree that the balcony should have been clean. I wish you could have experienced it for the whole cruise. I'm sorry our friend Juan-Diego wasn't the concierge for the D Lounge. I'm sure Pretty was very nice but I'd have liked you to meet him. He's on vacation at the moment. Hope your back behaves for you for a long time now.

Off to surf around will check in later. Have a great day especially you Jul with the birthday girl.

Ginny I had a momentary brain fart here. BlondeMoment My friend is on Freedom and I just re-read that you were on Liberty. Oh well Embarassed Gees I wonder what the LV Shrimp Woman will do with this info affraid

Last edited by Dramaqueen on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:07 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning !!

Ginny--welcome home, sorry for a few glitches. We would expect the balcony chairs to be cleaned at the same time as the cabin.

Jen--you are putting some hard work into the lake house, it must be great to see the changes.

Sheila--I second the idea of a reunion cruise in 2011. Right now I am fretting that we do not have something planned yet for 2010.

Have a good Tuesday--

Nancy at least you got kind words and I agree you are the "Lovely Nancy" but apparently I'm only that short woman with the perky sisters. She'd better hide when she gets on board. roflmao

As afr as 2010 goes, you could always do Oz with us. Hmmmm Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning !!

Have a good Tuesday--

Nancy, you and Ken could always join Jill & Dave and John & I in Hawaii. Laughing

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:28 am

You know I turn 60 in 2011, we could make it a Birthday celebration for ME, if y'all need an excuse. Seems to me there are other's who have a big birthday that year!
DocDance roflmao DocDance roflmao DocDance

Just kidding!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 pm

frudutx wrote:

OK, you know if you win a bundle you have to promise to take us all on a cruise. lol!

d
But of course......

The stupid girl gave me a Lotto tix,not a Fantasy five.....didnt know that till this morning when I went to check my numbers.......so now I have to wait till Wed night for the results......

Ginny-------what cabin did you have??? And for sure,it is up to your steward to clean the balcony......sorry to hear if wasnt 100%.............how many cruises do you have that won you the champagne??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Morning everyone......

Jen, to answer your question about getting emails from our friend June in Australia............she can send them to us from her home computer but not from work........though she can receive our emails at her work computer. Our friend Les, can receive our emails at her home, but they still bounce back when she tries to reply. Jim has done everything possible.................just can't figure out why everything was fine before we left for our cruise in March...............we get home in April and everything is screwed up. It's very frustrating.

I'm up for a reunion cruise..............how about the fall of 2010.............that should give everyone who has something planned in the Spring of 2010 to be able to join. Just a thought.

Welcome home Ginny..................glad you had a nice cruise. Sorry about the door to your balcony. Glad to hear that your home did not have any damage from the earthquake.

Have a great day everyone.......................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next