Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:37 pm

PH8 wrote:
vlscruiser wrote:
Wow Nancy, I have my sign and sail cards for all but one of my RC cruises. No way do I have a record of what I wore! Very Happy Good for you. Very Happy
Thats all I have too............I put magnets on them and they're on the frig......I remember when the pest control guy came and was looking at them.........I was wondering what he was doing..........he looked at me and asked"YOU took 8 cruises in one year"?? hehe.............

I have met many people who write down everything in notebooks....they can tell you dates, names of everyone on the ship,prices, you name it.......they had it ...........

Like I said,I only keep the cards.........thats it...........I am not a saver.....................

Patti------did the avatars go away during the night???
When I came on last night at 10:54..............no one had an avatar..................just stars.

Today, everything is normal. And no, I did not have a night cap...............even Jim noticed it.............. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Good Afternoon SPB's.. Had to work this Am. My turn for a Saturday. It's really HOT here so we're staying home for the rest of the day.

Kathy, we definitely want to see Greece someday.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Good Afternoon,

Do hope the weekend is going well for all of you. Hot here and humid!
We are taking the G-children to a small town parade tonight, we think they will enjoy it.

Later--
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:51 pm

Hot and humid here too...........I actually was asking for snow today!!...Unbelievably uncomfortable.

Chris.........thanks for that website.....looks cool.......

Still organizing the scpbking room........why is it to do one room I have to destroy and redo 3 others?????....and I only have 2 weeks to do it as I'm hosting a baby shower for my dd then.........

Guess I better get off the computer and get to cleaning....

have a great weekend y'all

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Woo Hoo !!!!! WooHoo The mail man brought our D+ package today finally. Cheers

Gotta go polish my pin. roflmao
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Woo Hoo !!!!! WooHoo The mail man brought our D+ package today finally. Cheers

Gotta go polish my pin. roflmao
You definitely need a life!! stickingtongueout stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:36 am

Patti------just read your post on the concierge thread............when you asked "just who do you think makes sure you have coffee in the pot in the am"...I so wanted to answer WN!! Laughing But figured I might just get in trouble........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:08 am

PH8 wrote:
Patti------just read your post on the concierge thread............when you asked "just who do you think makes sure you have coffee in the pot in the am"...I so wanted to answer WN!! Laughing But figured I might just get in trouble........
HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:34 am

Good morning...

Congrat's Sheila! Since we never got the D pkg, I guess I can help you with your polishing. Wonder if we'll get our pins on our cruise.

Jul - Our nephew and his wife are expecting in January and they have a poll going for the date, sex, and birthweight. Thought you might like the site.

LOL Kathy - Well I think "most" CC regulars know who USED to make the coffee...thanks goodness she's gone!

Nancy, how great to be close to your grandchildren. Enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Morning All: I did post this on CC yesterday but thought I would let you all know I finally got my D+ pin package in the mail yesterday along with Sheila!!!
BTW: What kind of polish do you use for the pin lol! , I would not want to tarnish the gold, or make the "diamonds" loose!!! Everyone have a good day...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Afternoon everyone................it is a very rainy day here right now. More like a monsoon..........haven't been able to check the rain gauge, but from the tub that we have on the back patio...........looks like about 4+ inches in the last two hours.

Kathy, funny you should mention WN...........cause I was thinking about her when I posted that.

Congratulations to all who have gotten their D+ pins. Had mine made into a pendant............figured if I was gonna get more respect by wearing it...........I want to wear it in a place where it will be noticed. Laughing

Chris, when you are on Jewel, see the LA on board for your D pin.

Well, off to see if we have any water in places where it shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Back from making a run to the Pool Supply place for chemicals and a new skimmer net. Also, stopped at the bank and the car wash. Working with the embroidery machine and watching the Open. Want to try to get some sun this afternoon.

So much to do so little time Very Happy .

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi All, Just in from church and now we're headed to DD's for a BBQ. Hope I can hang out inside cause it's Waaaaay hot here. Wonder if we'll get Patti's rain later. We could sure use it.

I've been lurking and posting on that Concierge thread. Couldn't believe how rude some of the posts were and even said so. It confirms what we've been discussing lately. Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:21 pm

My gosh, I never realized how much I took out of the one room to paint until I have to put it all back........trash is getting big....

I haven't posted on cc in a long time........seems you can't say anything without someone bashing the crap outta ya.......Most the threads are nothing but whiners and complainers....I would hate to be on a cruise with them!!...

Just imagine a whole ship full of WN"S...OMG affraid

Well back to toting things up and down the stairs...guess I'm definitely getting a workout today.....

HOT and humid again here..........the poor ac can't keep up........Ordered another 'energy saving blind' from penneys ....they really work...look kinda like a screen but cuts out the heat....and since they are 1/2 price even better!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm

You guys with your D+ pins are cracking me up!
Patti, have you got a "plugging neck" top to show some cleavage to bring attention to it? Ahem!
I thought I would make mine into a Omega necklace ...we get ours after the next cruise in Sept to Alaska.
Since we have another cruise in November, the gal at C&A said to call them the week that our Alaska cruise shows up in "My History" so that they can alert the Vision OTS that we are D+. She said that should happen fairly quickly.
Sheila, how long did it take for y'all to get your D+ package after your #24 cruise???

Hope you all are having a great weekend....we are getting our "june gloom" overcast in the middle of July....weird...but it burns off about noonish.

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi all.....

A pendant,Patti..great idea cuz I dont wear pins....you just went to the jeweler??? Trouble is I like white gold or silver........never wear yellow gold(except my wedding rings).....Someone on my last cruise had a crown and anchor made and she put a small diamond chip in it.......I really liked that....(maybe cuz it was silver??)

Anyway,that Cancun girl is something else..........holy cow! I dont understand why posts like hers stay and they dont get "notices"

Diane-we got our pool water tested the other day and had to add calcium...first time ever....(not sure if I am repeating myself cuz I know I told someone).anyway,when you add calcium,you have to add it to a bucket of pool water first..............let me tell you, that water and bucket got sooooooooooo hot,you couldnt touch the side of the bucket.they warned us it would get warm,but holy cow,it got HOT...........I didnt know calcium could do that...........Jul(pool expert) why does it????????

Anyone see that story about the poor 18 yr old girl golfer?? Was leading the tournament but then forgot to sign the score card and was disqualified........I felt bad for her.......she was not a happy camper...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Rain has stopped for the moment.............just waiting for round 2 to begin.

Mar, it wasn't a plunging neckline when I put it on. Sitting in that "red" chair completely changed its appearance. affraid

Kathy, yes we took it to our jeweler and he put a loop on it. Of course, it is not made of good quality metal (and I didn't say gold, cause that it ain't). I don't see why you couldn't have one made and put it on a silver/white gold chain............since there is some silver (well gray colored material) in the pin itself. I have a chain that is a combination of white and yellow gold and it looks really nice on that.

Saw that about the gal who forgot to sign her scorecard. Oh well, a good lesson learned.

Well, I did some extensive research last night as far as this Rhapsody cruise that Sheila and Bob are taking. Jim and I were thinking of doing the Perth to Sydney portion that includes the south island of NZ. And we have enough air miles to fly coach.

I looked at the various options of flying to Perth from here. We could go from Cleveland to New York to Dubai to Perth. Or we could go from Cleveland to New York to Hong Kong to Perth. Or we could go from Cleveland to Chicago to San Francisco to Sydney to Perth. Total travel times varied from 31 hours to 37 hours and you lose 2 days, which we already knew.

Needless to say.............we are looking at a TA and then doing the Med for 2010.

Last edited by cruisenfever on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:47 pm

Good idea about the chain,Patti.......thanks.....

With all this talk about WN,I have been missing the old gal.. Cool She almost seems harmless compared to the lastest round of winners on CC.........anyway, was looking for her latest and on her review boards, she said she also posts on Travelsucks.com...............and one of her pics ,she is wearing a hat that says Travel sucks..............how fitting is that!(click on the little pic on the left and it will enlarge) http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/MacGyver
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Maryann (cruisinfool) had her jeweler make her pin for an omega, which is what I was going to do before I had my crown and anchor pendant with garnets made. I either wear it on an omega or on a heavy rope chain... I have gotten so many compliments since I had it made...One of the gals I cruised with loved it so much she was going to have one made as soon as she got home from our last cruise on the SS...I think I may put the D+ pin on my visor, although I am running out of room, so I will have to decide what I want to do...Decisions, Decisions flower !!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Quote :
Diane-we got our pool water tested the other day
and had to add calcium...first time ever....(not sure if I am repeating
myself cuz I know I told someone).anyway,when you add calcium,you have
to add it to a bucket of pool water first..............let me tell you,
that water and bucket got sooooooooooo hot,you couldnt touch the side
of the bucket.they warned us it would get warm,but holy cow,it got
HOT...........I didnt know calcium could do that...........Jul(pool
expert) why does it????????

Kathy, Jim has a question for you regarding your pool.

What form was the calcium in that you added to your pool? He is assuming it was a solid (small off white pellet) that you had to dissolve in water and was probably calcium chloride.

Water added to calcium chloride creates an exothermic reaction which is what you experienced.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Hello all, do hope you are having a great Sunday. It is hot here again, staying inside and reading.

Chris--it is great being close to the little ones, the main reason we look forward to our time in IA. The parade was great, my brother turned out to be the Grand Marshall so a nice surprise. They still throw out candy so the G-kids got lots of candy.

Stay cool everyone--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Quote :
Diane-we got our pool water tested the other day
and had to add calcium...first time ever....(not sure if I am repeating
myself cuz I know I told someone).anyway,when you add calcium,you have
to add it to a bucket of pool water first..............let me tell you,
that water and bucket got sooooooooooo hot,you couldnt touch the side
of the bucket.they warned us it would get warm,but holy cow,it got
HOT...........I didnt know calcium could do that...........Jul(pool
expert) why does it????????

Kathy, Jim has a question for you regarding your pool.

What form was the calcium in that you added to your pool? He is assuming it was a solid (small off white pellet) that you had to dissolve in water and was probably calcium chloride.

Water added to calcium chloride creates an exothermic reaction which is what you experienced.
I guess you could say they were pellets........we had to put 6 pounds worth in.......Hey Jim-you're a smart guy.

Ok, not having too much knowledge with jewelry.......whats an Omega??

Nancy-small town ,USA...LOVE it...........sorta like Ocala here........we have a gazebo on the town square..a historical part of town with the old houses with wrap around porches...and it really is small town like,even though it is expanding waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much..........
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Go to QVC.com and type in omega necklace and you will see what one is...I am sure you have seen one a zillion times Laughing ...The one I have is reversable 14K white gold on one side and 14K yellow on the other side so you can have a multitude of slides to put on...The come in different widths and lengths...Got mine in St. Maarten...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Thanks Jill..............Yup,I know now what you are talking about......
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Kathy...........calcium can be a type of explosive.....you MUST add it to water NEVER adding water to it....it can create a deadly kind of gas........

j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next