Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Morning everyone!

We are so sad about the Boy Scouts at the Camp in Iowa. We are big into scouting and my younger son is working as a camp counselor this year at one of the Boy Scout camps out here. He's gone as a scouter for the last several years, and now that he is 16 is going to work there. But it is in a really dry hot area, and I always worry about Fires.

Well it is Thursday and we leave Sunday for the Monarch, and I haven't even started packing! Younger son has most of his camp stuff packed as he leaves the day after we get back, but I need to do the cruise packing for everyone, or I probably won't want to be seen with them!

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Jen, I haven't started packing for tomorrow, LOL. Right now there's a plumber at the house changing out our faucets - I've hate the kitchen faucet for over 10 years. Before we remodelled, Don decided that we "had" to have a new sink & faucet, so he went out & got them without talking to me first. Let's just say that he won't do that again. Everything is white, and the sink ended up in the laundry room because white doesn't go with the kitchen AT ALL. So I'll have chrome by the time the day is over, woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Sad news with the continued flooding/rains.

Plan to work on the house today getting caught up on housework.

You'll have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Love your new avatar,Ginny...very nice..........

With Jen talking about her cruise,figured I'd bring the list up to see who all is going soon......

Bon Voyage wishes to Jen and Jean............

CURRENTLY--Jul is on the Sovereign till tomorrow..

Jun--
13th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th(till 7/5)--Diane&John visiting Jill

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
4th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
26th--Ginny--Liberty--WCarib

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
Thanksgiving --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
18th--Sheila-Independence-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Kathy, Change us from the Indy 18th Elvis Cruise affraid to Feb 1st same ship same itinerary.
Thank you thank you very much. Laughing

We also have a hold on a Brilliance Med BtoB in the summer of 2009 but we just saw a Princess we just love. It goes from Southhampton all around Scotland then Iceland and Greenland ending up in New York. The ports are amazing. So stay tuned for a decision.

Well I survived the mammo. The girls are well and truely squozen. lol! Now off to do more chores.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:54 pm

OK, and since we're on the subject of cruises I just booked us on the Celebrity Millenium 4/9/2010 CruiseFreeks cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. It's on hold at the moment but I'm sure we'll put the deposit down since we've talked about doing Hawaii and Celebrity for years. I actually booked through the website and will get all of the RCCL stuff applied and then transfer it to the group. I really like their website because even though they presented me with about 3 cabin options I found one with an extra large balcony and when I specifically requested that one it allowed me to reserve it.

OK, Jill your turn.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I just KNEW it had been awhile since I added any................keep em coming.......

I was looking at the email today regarding that cruise,Diane.............looks like a good one..

CURRENTLY--Jul is on the Sovereign till tomorrow..

Jun--
13th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th(till 7/5)--Diane&John visiting Jill

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
4th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
26th--Ginny--Liberty--WCarib

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
Thanksgiving --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib

April
9th--Diane--Celebrity Millenium--Hawaii to Vancouver
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:26 pm

We've been promising ourselves Hawaii for quite sometime, guess it was time.

It's 22 months away so we'll have plenty of time to plan.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Congratulations Diane & John on booking a cruise to paradise! It's about time you spent some money!!

Ginny......wonderful avatar............care to share who your companion is?

Kathy, I think that the Oasis Invite thread on CC is causing some folks to be quite upset. And who the heck is this 14 year old kid that thinks just because his room is decked out in RCCL logo items he deserves to be invited!

I have to admit I was a little heartbroken when we didn't get selected for the Liberty pre-inaugural.................but life goes on. Maybe threads like that shouldn't be started...............people think that those that are privileged are just flaunting it.............which is really not the case.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:44 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Congratulations Diane & John on booking a cruise to paradise! It's about time you spent some money!!

Ginny......wonderful avatar............care to share who your companion is?

Kathy, I think that the Oasis Invite thread on CC is causing some folks to be quite upset. And who the heck is this 14 year old kid that thinks just because his room is decked out in RCCL logo items he deserves to be invited!

I have to admit I was a little heartbroken when we didn't get selected for the Liberty pre-inaugural.................but life goes on. Maybe threads like that shouldn't be started...............people think that those that are privileged are just flaunting it.............which is really not the case.

Thanks Patti, you forget we still have a daughter who is in college. Hopefully that will be over next year but I fear wedding bells will follow shortly after that! affraid

That 14 Y/O can be rather huffy, he's been on those threads since day one. Before his avatar changed there were people that doubted that he was 14.

Yes, Ginny very nice picture!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:51 pm

D: We have nothing planned for 2009 and you want me to book something 22 months in advance!!!! 17 months in advance is my limit lol! We will talk when you get here...

Patti: I got the nicest answer from RH to the email I sent her in regard to the invite...She is a dear...
The 14 yr old is a diamond member and he really should clean up his signature, there was a thread started about that too!
The poster that was complaining about not being invited (is a sure way NOT to get invited by complaining Rolling Eyes ...)
Ginny, I was thinking the same thing, nice avatar... Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi all,
Eyes are pretty much cleared up...Yea! May even be able to wear a little makeup to Bob's birthday dinner tomorrow night.
Sheila...I pretty much don't wear makeup around the house unless going out somewhere as well. Bob is used to it! affraid roflmao

Got our custom air on Alaskan for our Sept. cruise through RCI this AM and have already received the Confirmation from them.
Pretty easy.

Felt real bad to read about the 4 Boy Scouts who were killed while camping during a tornado...their parents must be really unconsolable. I am wondering why the Leaders didn't show more sense...some kids saw others sucked away...how horrifying.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 pm

How does custom air work???
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:44 pm

jillybabes wrote:

Yeah, guess I'll need to find that out. When we put the hold on the Celebrity we also booked the air, since it's all one big happy I'm hoping they'll give us the same treatment as RCCL would. Anyway, supper over, dishes in the dishwasher, me in my jammies off to crochet.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Afternoon Ladies,

The avatar is a photo of Late Husband (Jim) and I on our 20th Anniversary Cruise back in 1999. Was going through stuff and came across the photo and said to myself why not. So Jen explained that I didn't need to downsize it the site does that for me and it worked. Smile

Diane I have been looking at that Hawaii cruise and wishing it ended in LA. But it has some nice ports that I enjoy. Alaska and Hawaii are my favorite cruises. But then I haven't done a lot of other places that I would like to go.

I will have to go over to CC and read the thread with the 14 year old on it. So one could say my letting RH know that I would be willing to be invited to the next announcement put me in the dog house. Oh well just could me mud. Laughing

Remember going through tornados while living at Little Rock AFB. My daughter was just about 18 months old and was preg. with son. Scary, stuffed her in the hall closet with lots of pillows and blankets and waited out the alerts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:13 pm

frudutx wrote:
We've been promising ourselves Hawaii for quite sometime, guess it was time.

It's 22 months away so we'll have plenty of time to plan.

d

You're going to love it. Go over early and spend some time in Honolulu. I loved our day in San Francisco. I'd go back there.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 pm

jillybabes wrote:
You select the flights that you would like to fly and then give them to RCI..............and hopefully they will accept them. They might charge you a little extra because their contract does not cover the entire cost of the particular flight that you want.............but it is well worth it.

We did custom air for our trip in September and we wanted to fly Continental. We had to pay an additional 102.00pp for the flights that we wanted with the deviation fee waived. Might as well have said we paid the deviation fee and add extra to it. affraid

Deviation fee is waived just once..............if you decide to change flights once they are booked you will be charged the deviation fee.

Transfers are included if you do RCI air to port, flying in the day of departure. If you decide to fly in early and do RCI air, but do your own hotel............then you must get from airport to hotel to port on your own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 pm

Came over here cuz the smell of sour grapes on CC was getting to me.......

I agree about "the kid"........jeez....his folks are the ones paying for his trips and stuff.......and dont get me started on the one who works 2 jobs to cruise.......

Thats why we basically stuck to our LB roll call......someone else posted about the invite on a whole new thread and I knew that wouldnt go over big..........

anyway......thats very nice of you to post that special pic,Ginny..
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:41 pm

PH8 wrote:
Came over here cuz the smell of sour grapes on CC was getting to me.......

I agree about "the kid"........jeez....his folks are the ones paying for his trips and stuff.......and dont get me started on the one who works 2 jobs to cruise.......

Thats why we basically stuck to our LB roll call......someone else posted about the invite on a whole new thread and I knew that wouldnt go over big..........

anyway......thats very nice of you to post that special pic,Ginny..
That's exactly what Jim said...............the only way he got to cruise was because mommy and daddy paid for it.

Yes, I agree lots of sour grapes over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Yea,he keep whining.........just like a little boy.

Got an email from someone and think we should all stop posting on that thread........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 pm

PH8 wrote:
Yea,he keep whining.........just like a little boy.

Got an email from someone and think we should all stop posting on that thread........
I absolutely agree, especially after Happy ks just posted her remarks.........well, she did it in two posts. Oh how I wanted to lay into her...........but thought why bother............she's definitely not worth it.

Wonder who seh sent an email to, if she wasn't going dumpster diving to retrieve her invite!??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 pm

I wondered the same thing...I so wanted to say something,but promised myself not to post there anymore..........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:21 am

Please don't lay into her. She's my friend, and even if her remarks strike you as less than suitably thankful, she's entitled to express her opinion. Don't make me come over there and fight with you! affraid

Ginny, I love the picture of you and Jim. You're right - why not?
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 am

Funny, when I met Happyks on the pre inaugural she seemed very nice, never thought I would hear those remarks from her!!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am

Patti: Do you know what type or kind of discount your C&A status gets you on a Celebrity cruise?

Not sure of all of the crossover benefits.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next