Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:
Those are cute!! Now, just got to slim my fat butt down enough to not just wear them but to look good in them! lol!

You and me both Marina!! lol!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 pm

I LOVE sailor pants. I have a white US Navy cap that I used to wear for awhile (I have a thing for hats) I probably still have it somewhere in the basement. It would look cute with those pants!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:02 am

Hi Girls!

I was shopping online last and look what I found from Lord and Taylor:

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/gifts/OnlineShopping/LT?Dsp=3&PCR=21:200000:202763:201218:201315:204037&c=1

You can shop by body type!! This should help anyone, myself included, who has a less than perfect body and look good in what you purchase! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey how did we get way down here? Giving us a ThreadBump so we can start making our shopping plans for July WooHoo
Back to top Go down
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Well, I WAS going to suggest afternoon tea at The Plaza, until I called to find out that afternoon tea is now up to $60!! Shocked I don't think any of us want to indulge THAT much!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:17 pm

This shopper can do a lot of damage with $60.00!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 am

The Plaza has always been ridiculous for afternoon tea but, $60?  It's not THAT nice!  Beside, we could always have tea in Saks or one  Are we going to make a list of places to go and see how many we can fit in or what's the plan for our shopping excursion?  Nina, you HAVE to take your girls to FAO Schwarz!  I think even the guys might enjoy that stop!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Why don't we start with a list of places we all want to go, then map it to figure out what to do first and tweak from there?

Christina, My girls AND my guy would love FAP Schwarz! James will be at the ballgame but my Dad and brother are not sports fans in the least (strange I know!) and would probably spend a whole day with the girls in FAO Schwarz. Hey! That's it! They can go to the toy heaven while I shop! Perfect! (Let's just make that the first stop!)
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:37 am

Now you guys are REALLY making jealous! Shopping in NYC sounds glorious!
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Here's my suggest list:

FAO Schwarz
Fendi
Saks
Boyd's
Lord & Taylor

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 pm

Helen,

I totally keep forgetting about Boyds! Good suggestion. Boyd's is like the ultimate cosmetic's store!

http://boydsnyc.com/
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Oh my gosh I just found the most amazing website for vintage wear! http://www.vintageous.com/dressy.htm

I LOVE this one..
Cunard Fashions - Page 4 V4729
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Nina, I LOVE the dress and I LOVE THAT SITE! I'm a vintage fan Very Happy By the way, I think we're finally ready. After a few thousand emails and phone calls and who is staying in what type of cabin, in which location, and who's eating with who Rolling Eyes

I SHOULD be in touch around 6 tonight, unless other complications (meaning changes) come up.
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Well as Nick continues the great family round up for both sailings, I've been shopping online and actual shopping. I think I found something for the Black and White Ball - if I can get down 25 pounds or so:

Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Black110
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:43 pm

WOW you would look amazing in that Leanna!
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Gals, I might be joining you for the 4th of July sailing and, if I do, I have lots of great connections in NYC in the fashion world. I'll see if I can get something special set up Wink

Neil
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Wow we haven't posted any fashion notes since May 22nd, shame on us! Any good end of season sales going on? Let's list them here!

I know Nordstrom's have a catalog sale starting July 18th
http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6002290/0~6002289~6002290
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 am

I'm a comfort girl when it comes to clothes for daytime wear and shore tours. One of my very favorite stores is Coldwater Creek and they're having their summer sale: http://www.coldwatercreek.com/
Back to top Go down
BB
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BB

Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:52 am

If I'm booking the July 1, 2009 sailing for 5 nights, what will I need. How many formals and I need true definitions of the other nights on-board. How do people really dress on nights other than formal nights?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 pm

If I estimate correctly there should be 2 formal nights, 2 semi-formal nights and 1 elegant casual.

This is what I observed on my recent crossing:

Formal: A long gown or long skirt with pretty/glittery top is the norm. You can get as fancy as the Academy awards (Which I think is the most fun) or tone it down to a formal Christmas dinner.

Semi-Formal: Either a more simply cut/styled long gown, cocktail dress, pant suit or flowly pants (I can never remember the correct name for them!) with nice top.

Elegant casual: Skirt or slacks with nice top and heels or simple cocktail dress.

Here is what Cunard advises:

Formal: Black tie or formal dark suit for gentlemen. Evening dress or other formal attire for ladies. (A range of gentleman’s formal wear is available to hire or purchase onboard ship).

Semiformal: Jacket and tie for gentlemen. Cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies. No jeans.

Elegant Casual: Jacket, no tie required for gentlemen. Dress, skirt or trousers for ladies. No shorts or jeans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:37 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
If I estimate correctly there should be 2 formal nights, 2 semi-formal nights and 1 elegant casual.

This is what I observed on my recent crossing:

Formal: A long gown or long skirt with pretty/glittery top is the norm. You can get as fancy as the Academy awards (Which I think is the most fun) or tone it down to a formal Christmas dinner.

Semi-Formal: Either a more simply cut/styled long gown, cocktail dress, pant suit or flowly pants (I can never remember the correct name for them!) with nice top.

Elegant casual: Skirt or slacks with nice top and heels or simple cocktail dress.

Here is what Cunard advises:

Formal: Black tie or formal dark suit for gentlemen. Evening dress or other formal attire for ladies. (A range of gentleman’s formal wear is available to hire or purchase onboard ship).

Semiformal: Jacket and tie for gentlemen. Cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies. No jeans.

Elegant Casual: Jacket, no tie required for gentlemen. Dress, skirt or trousers for ladies. No shorts or jeans.

That's a pretty spot-on description. And, don't worry, Cunard isn't as stuffy as you might think - during the day it's pretty much like any other cruise line, people are walking around in shorts and jogging outfits - very casual. The main difference is at night - it's a bit dressier as you can see and, unlike many of the mainstream cruise lines, running back to your cabin to change after dinner is an unwritten no-no Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:16 am

If I decide to book 4th of July, can you tell me if there will be both the Ascot Ball and a Black and White Ball? Trying to take advantage of end of season sales this weekend.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:56 pm

The balls have been known to change at a moments notice but you can pretty much count on a B&W ball. The Ascot Ball just "requires" a hat (or hair decoration, I wore flowers in my hair and had some nice compliments) IF you want to add it so the dress could be anything that matched and could easily be interchangeable with the Masquerade Ball. Let us know how your shopping goes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Nina how many formal nights for Christmas? I know I probably asked this already so I'll just claim it as a blonde moment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm

BlondeMoment ? No problem, I get those more often than not these days! I would expect 5-6 formal nights, 7-8 semi formal and 3 elegant casual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next