Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Donna that outfit is right on the money for the Black and White Ball. You can wear black or white or a combination. Excellent choice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:18 pm

My new best friend is this evening bag, formal enough for formal nights and playful for less dressy occasions. It's a Kate Spade and got it on sale Very Happy Mine is black

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 93068_10
Back to top Go down
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh i LOVE that little bag!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
My new best friend is this evening bag, formal enough for formal nights and playful for less dressy occasions. It's a Kate Spade and got it on sale Very Happy Mine is black

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 93068_10

Hey finally something on here that I can use Embarassed Sorry girls, it's just when you're heavier, the clothes aren't great they mostly have that "I give up" look to them...even in the best of stores but, I'm dieting...who knows, I might be down to a "normal" size 12 or 14 by Christmas 2009
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:20 pm

Marina, you know we love you regardless of your size!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:30 am

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 1490frontimage-B
Here's a dress to go with that great little bag!

Marina, it's not as much about what you wear as the attitude you wear it with, you have such a great personality you could wear a gunney sack and call it designer. People would believe you!

(Besides, have you checked out www.sydneyscloset.com?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:33 am

Oooo...Marina, here's one for Christmas! You wouldn't be single for long in this one!
Cunard Fashions - Page 3 1642frontimage
Back to top Go down
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Marina, as you know I'm another Chubbette Very Happy Saks have a great plus size department and, I know you can lose the weight, if I can do it, you can do it. I'm already down 50 pounds and have another 50 to go. Diet with me! I'm looking for a diet buddy anyhow, what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Marina, believe me, I could lose at least 20 pounds myself. I'll join the diet group if it will help but, regardless, we love you no matter your size!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Ladies please promise me no crash dieting. Weight Watchers is one of the very best programs out there. I recommend them over any other diet program.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:19 am

Remember, my offer of a $150.00 spa credit still stands Smile In fact, here's a new idea...Scrap the $150.00 to one person. Start keeping journals of your current weight and list your goal weight on the first page. The first three gals to get down to their goal weight prior to the Christmas cruise each get a $50.00 spa credit. Bring your journals on the trip to compare notes and celebrate your journey to a healthier body together during that pedicure!
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 pm

I thought I'd give this thread a ThreadBump Has anyone begun searching for either the 4th of July or next Christmas yet for those perfect formal gowns?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Leanna, I'm ALWAYS shopping! Razz I'm the type that will buy something even if I don't need it for anything particular and then when something comes along, 99% of time, I'm ready to go!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:30 pm

I've started the mental packing list already! Since my sister is coming along I get to swap clothes with her so, I have been "shopping" her closet too Very Happy Still haven't found a new perfect black and white gown. (I think you ladies already discovered the best ones!) I have my standby red & black with gloves and a silver one I am going to have to have altered first. Two are just not going to cut it though! (I have a few others but they don't fit right any more) Most of my day wardrobe is coming together already and I just purged my closet for the second time this year so I have the perfect excuse to refill it with these trips in mind. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 am

Also don't forget for those who are coming to NYC for the 4th of July sailing, some of the best shopping in the world is right in Manhattan! Now is the time to start clearing up those credit cards so we can shop until we drop!

Can't wait!! Nina, I'm really looking forward to our girls shopping trip. Oh sure, I can go to Manhattan anytime but, there is going to be something very special about shopping together as a cruise group Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Oh I am too! I have never been shopping in NYC and I am going to be taking full advantage of it! One of the things I want to look for is a full suit that can be interchanged. Slacks, short jacket, skirt with long jacket, sheath dress. You get the idea Smile I usually have to dress in business attire whenever I travel so something like this would be really useful for me. However, if I am going to make an investment in that many garments for that purpose I want them to be in a classic style and good quality. What better place to look for it then NY? (This is what I am telling my hubby anyway!)
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 pm

Ok you New Yorkers, time to spill the beans - where are the best places to shop Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Donna, how much time do you have Very Happy Macy's in New York City is unlike any other Macy's in the world, you can literally spend the day and night there shopping. You don't even need to leave to eat there is everything from McDonalds and Starbucks to sit down restaurants throughout the store. If you want a bit more upscale Saks is wonderful. If you want tip top then there is Bergdorf Goodman (just be ready to sticker shock here, they tie in with Neiman Marcus). Then of course every major designer has some type of store in Manhattan from Vera Wang to Escada... you get the idea...

It's all a matter of what you'd like to do...
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to intrude but, I do actually have a fashion related question. Can one of you go over EXACTLY what Cunard's clothing requests are for me? For example, I know on Cunard Formal for men means tuxedo. No problem, got that covered. What I am fuzzy on are the casual nights. Do I still need a sports jacket and tie?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:36 pm

EEEK affraid Who let a man in here?!?!? lol!

Seriously, Vic, glad you stopped by to ask our advice. Eddie and I have been on Cunard a few times now, and, in all honesty, I don't know why Cunard has this stuffy imagine in most people's minds. It's been my experience and observation that on casual nights, men don't always wear jackets and ties, especially on the first and last nights but, you certainly won't look out of place if you do. Now, if we're talking about the holiday cruise (opposed to 4th of July), yes, I do think people are going to be a bit more spiffy in dress (even on casual evenings). So, my advice would be to bring your sport jacket and a few ties.

Also keep in mind that formal on Cunard means formal. This one cruise line where you'll see more tuxedos than dark suits on formal nights. Since you said you have a tux, you'll be right at home.

Daytime is pretty much like any other cruise ship with most people dressed VERY casually in shorts and such.

Most importantly - RELAX AND ENJOY - you're among friends! We'll only care if you aren't wearning a SMILE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Vic, another option for "Elegant Casual" that my husband usually wears are the silk/wool blend mock turtlenecks with a jacket. Gets him away from the tie for an evening (Although he loves to dress up as much as I do!) yet still looks very nice. If there is a day that is a bit chilly (think on the way south in winter) the shirt also doubles as a nice daytime option. Personally, I like a darker option then what is shown here but it is the only picture I could find in short order.
Cunard Fashions - Page 3 120405FEZ_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830546950
Men's Wearhouse is my husband's favorite store Smile
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:03 pm

NYC PD wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to intrude but, I do actually have a fashion related question. Can one of you go over EXACTLY what Cunard's clothing requests are for me? For example, I know on Cunard Formal for men means tuxedo. No problem, got that covered. What I am fuzzy on are the casual nights. Do I still need a sports jacket and tie?

Thanks!

Vic, as Maria said, relax you're among friends. Dress the way YOU feel comfortable, if you're more comfortable with a shirt and tie go for it or if you want a more relaxed feel on casual nights, a sweater or lighter weight shirt like Nina is showing with a jacket over it is always acceptable! Or you could do a combination like this - shirt, tie, sweater and jacket... Naturally depending on the weather/temperature

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 17720110
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi girls,

Just wanted to let you know Sailor pants are IN! Check these out from Michael Kors:

Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Sailor10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Those are cute!! Now, just got to slim my fat butt down enough to not just wear them but to look good in them! lol!
Back to top Go down
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Oh Leanna those are adorable!! Saks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next