Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 pm

I don't know what happened to me during my childhood but, every time I see a polka dot dress, I think of Minnie Mouse. Why scratch - I don't have the foggiest clue. lol!
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:14 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Shoes.com sent me an email - they are having a big sale this Saturday, up to 50% off. Its from 5 a.m. - Midnight. I know I'll be checking it out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Girls, I'm working on our fashion show presentation right now. Is there anything "specific" you would like to know - for example, maybe you'd like to see how different materials pack. One of my favorites is jersey because you can roll it, squeeze and basically not treat it nicely and will a little steam it falls right out and you're ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:09 pm

I'd like to know the best way to pack dresses (especially some of the larger ones, like full skirted ball gowns) and how to fit it in a bag! I'd also like to see some elegant casual and semi-formal wear that aren't dresses (pants and nice tops, etc.) because its hard to tell what type of pants and style of tops are acceptable.

Ooh, and not sure if you can do this since everyone's dress is different.. but maybe some ideas on how to change up your look when you have to wear the same dress more than once! I remember as a kid, my mom would always say to throw a sweater on over a dress to make it a skirt, haha.. do people still do that?
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
I'd like to know the best way to pack dresses (especially some of the larger ones, like full skirted ball gowns) and how to fit it in a bag! I'd also like to see some elegant casual and semi-formal wear that aren't dresses (pants and nice tops, etc.) because its hard to tell what type of pants and style of tops are acceptable.

Ooh, and not sure if you can do this since everyone's dress is different.. but maybe some ideas on how to change up your look when you have to wear the same dress more than once! I remember as a kid, my mom would always say to throw a sweater on over a dress to make it a skirt, haha.. do people still do that?

I actually do that even for work, including court appearances. I have a few dresses that I wear with a blazer and it looks very professional with the right combination.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Shoes.com sent me an email - they are having a big sale this Saturday, up to 50% off. Its from 5 a.m. - Midnight. I know I'll be checking it out!

FYI, they send out those emails about twice a month. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Quote :

FYI, they send out those emails about twice a month. Wink

Good to know, just in case my shoes aren't on sale!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm

So where is the mens Cunard Fashion thread?? lol
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Ronrocks wrote:

Oh please!!! Men have it SOOO easy. Suit, suit, tux, jacket, suit, suit, tux... on and on. All you have to do is change your shirt and tie! Very Happy

But if you find any cute dresses, feel free to post pictures!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Ronrocks wrote:

Are you saying that you want *suggestions* from us, Ron? LittleDevil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

Oh please!!! Men have it SOOO easy. Suit, suit, tux, jacket, suit, suit, tux... on and on. All you have to do is change your shirt and tie! Very Happy

oh no you didn't.... No easy?....EASY??? Please...we have to wear something around our neck. And don't even get me started on the tux, suit, jacket, etc. I mean color? Do we want Powder blue? white? Pastels? Ruffles? Tails? Top hat? Shorts or slacks? Cane? Easy....please..NOT!!! If this dag gum diet doesn't kill me the stress of what to wear will!!! affraid I need my happy pills...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 pm

HelenB wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

Are you saying that you want *suggestions* from us, Ron? LittleDevil

ok let me re-word that. Everyone but Helen....lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Do we want Powder blue? white? Pastels? Ruffles? Tails? Top hat? Shorts or slacks? Cane?

Um.. other than the slacks, none of the above! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
Do we want Powder blue? white? Pastels? Ruffles? Tails? Top hat? Shorts or slacks? Cane?

you see!! You just ruled out my entire wardrobe in one sentence...now I have to cruise naked!! hope its not cold... No
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

roflmao I'll pay money for all photos!!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 pm

oh don't worry...I am going to post them all over CF. Then you will have to pay me to remove them.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Jfultz81 wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

you see!! You just ruled out my entire wardrobe in one sentence...now I have to cruise naked!! hope its not cold... No

No I didn't, I said other than the slacks!!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm

[quote="Jfultz81"]
Ronrocks wrote:
Jfultz81 wrote:

No I didn't, I said other than the slacks!!

Shhhhhhh! I want to see what the Maitre'D says when he shows up in no slacks!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:04 pm

HelenB wrote:

Shhhhhhh! I want to see what the Maitre'D says when he shows up in no slacks!!!! Twisted Evil

Haha..yeah, I'm sure they are used to turning away men with no jackets! I'd love to see their face if you didn't have pants on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:22 pm

i did cruise where there was a man dressed as a woman. no don't get me wrong - he did not try to look like a woman - he just wore women's clothing. it was freeky. i just ran across a picture of him on my picture card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:24 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i did cruise where there was a man dressed as a woman. no don't get me wrong - he did not try to look like a woman - he just wore women's clothing. it was freeky. i just ran across a picture of him on my picture card.

Didn't you know?? That was NICK!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 pm

oesnjstar wrote:

roflmao
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm starting to like Oscar de la Renta!!! He seems to almost always have dresses and neck lines that I would wear.

Looked at enough dresses that now at least I kinda know which ones I will probably want with certain labels. Calvin Kline also is often good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:30 pm

nick if that was you can i tell you that the red pocketbook you wore almost all the time was definitely not for formal night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next