Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Cunard Fashions - Page 10 BlackeveningCunard Fashions - Page 10 Blackdress

OK, I have a feeling my sister's black velvet dress is not formal enough, I was thinking of the first one for her and the second one for me. Are these long dresses formal enough for a ball. Sorry to keep asking, opinions?? I have a feeling the second one still isnt formal enough, am I right?

Last edited by flowers on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:

I know not everyone has the budget to shop at stores such as Saks but, lots of great gowns can be found at stores such as Macy's and Dillards - especially when there is a sale taking place!

Chadwick's is a good place for budget formalwear.

http://www.chadwicks.com/department.aspx?DeptId=8409&12PerPage=1

Chadwick's *always* has internet coupon codes and freebie codes floating around as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 pm

I was at Dillard's today and they had some really good markdowns on some formal dresses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:30 pm

I agree...........places like Macys,Dillards, Belks have some amzing sales............I used to have formals in my closet with tags still on them.....they were too good a deal to pass up...........Im talking around $35.............wound up just donating them cuz I gained weight and they didnt look that great on me......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm

flowers wrote:
Cunard Fashions - Page 10 BlackeveningCunard Fashions - Page 10 Blackdress

OK, I have a feeling my sister's black velvet dress is not formal enough, I was thinking of the first one for her and the second one for me. Are these long dresses formal enough for a ball. Sorry to keep asking, opinions?? I have a feeling the second one still isnt formal enough, am I right?

Flowers, I don't think anyone is as fashion challenged as I am lol! and, even I know the answer to this one - ACCESSORIES!!

Think a big, thick gold necklace or something similar to help dress up an otherwise plain gown, sometimes plain is better, gives you lots of opportunities to play with shoes, hair, and jewelry!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 pm

thanks Marina. So, these might do? We only have a Macy's near us of the ones mentioned, never heard of Belks, so it must not be close. I like Macy's though, shopped there a week or two ago. I maybe need to go and look again, as I didnt see anything formal enough. I did try and look. Maybe that's a good idea, another trip to Macy's and look again.

My hair will be a challenge too, Im not good at hair styling. Wear it down on my shoulders and it's pin straight and no body, so I cant do a french braid on myself. lmao. I was thinking one of those new butterfly clasps "as seen on tv" to pull it back without it escaping. Marina, you look great to me in your avatar, so I know you are not as fashion challenged as me.

I plan to go get a hair cut and styled before the cruise, but they can only do so much without body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Macys does have a formal section............heck,if the one here in Slo-cala has one,Im sure yours does too.......................G/L
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:38 pm

flowers wrote:
My hair will be a challenge too, Im not good at hair styling. Wear it down on my shoulders and it's pin straight and no body, so I cant do a french braid on myself. lmao. I was thinking one of those new butterfly clasps "as seen on tv" to pull it back without it escaping.

My hair is naturally quite Marcia Brady in style (dead straight, conforming to the shape of my head and wanting to part in the middle, plus it's the same color). I've had a lot of luck with the Caruso Steam Rollers. I use them every formal night!

http://www.amazon.com/Caruso-C97953-SalonPro-Molecular-Hairsetter/dp/B0002JKPB8/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_b
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote="HelenB"]My hair is naturally quite Marcia Brady in style (dead straight, conforming to the shape of my head and wanting to part in the middle, plus it's the same color). I've had a lot of luck with the Caruso Steam Rollers. I use them every formal night!

http://www.amazon.com/Caruso-C97953-SalonPro-Molecular-Hairsetter/dp/B0002JKPB8/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_b[/quote]

Thanks. We usually bring a old fashioned curler iron. I used to sleep with my hair in a pony tail curled up on top of my head and then I would use a huge clip to roll it up as a way to get more body.

I was perfect in the age of the flower child, straight hair that grows like a weed to my waist. I had stawberry blond hair though, reddish. Now its faded to two tone, so I went blond. Thats how I picked my name flowers, an old flower child. Ahhhh, if only fashion would go back to that, for us older women too. lol. A friend of mine (with natural curly hair the rat), got a really cute style her last cut and Im going to go to her stylist the next time in the next couple of weeks, trial run for the QM2. If I wind up looking like a round faced pixie pumkin then Ill go back to my own place. We will see if she is as good as my friend says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Belk's is a Florida store. I actually like to order from there. Since there isn't one in Illinois that means no sales tax which usually will cover the shipping. The only problem is you have to pay shipping on returns and can't just return it to the store. Dilliard's is also good for me for the same reason. We have one of the higest sales taxes in Chicago 10% affraid So if I can save the tax it's a good deal for me.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi all - I found this on sale ($35!) this weekend.. do you think its ok for semi-formal night?
Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Dress110

I also bought something similar to this for only $40 (same style, but not pleated.. instead it has an overlay with small sparkles and no banding around the middle)... thoughts?

Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Dress210
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Both look very nice!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:08 am

They look like they could pass for semi formal to me, but what do I know. I'v looked at several similar but full length.

Both are pretty. Did you get them both in black? Are there 2 formal and 1 semi formal night and 2 casual nights?

I'v come to the conclusion, that all the really great dressy formal gowns have too much bare skin showing on top than I want to show. I'v looked all I can stand to look. einy miny miny mo.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 am

Jane, I really like the ones you posted. I bought a JKara at Nordstrom's and really like it. The bottom is similar to the one you posted but the top is different. But it still looks like a two piece, but isn't.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 am

JJ2sail wrote:
Jane, I really like the ones you posted. I bought a JKara at Nordstrom's and really like it. The bottom is similar to the one you posted but the top is different. But it still looks like a two piece, but isn't.

thanks. Im still considering that one for my sister. My mom is saying no, that the pearls would come loose. Right now Im just feeling confused. I might still get it for her.
Back to top Go down
cmgm1126
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:04 am

Jane - I really like the first one and the second one also with some shiny accessories and shoes. I think you are driving yourself crazy for a few hours. I think it's more important to have fun, get to know everyone and just enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Yes, I bought both of them in black. They had a pretty red one, but they only had one size smaller than what I am and I told myself I'm not even going to go there!

We won the double transit, but are only taking part of it.. so anywhere from 15-20 days, so thats how many semi-formal and formal nights? Good thing I have lots of time to buy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Hi all - I found this on sale ($35!) this weekend.. do you think its ok for semi-formal night?
Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Index

I also bought something similar to this for only $40 (same style, but not pleated.. instead it has an overlay with small sparkles and no banding around the middle)... thoughts?

Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Index

With some accessories and fun shoes both are great semi-formal night selections. BTW - GREAT prices!! Way to shop!!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks! Shoes are my downfall Sad I have the hardest time finding anything because I sadly wear a size 9 1/2 wide and the lovely designers don't make anything close to that (other than Stuart Weitzman.. and he's not budget friendly..at least not my budget!).
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Thanks! Shoes are my downfall Sad I have the hardest time finding anything because I sadly wear a size 9 1/2 wide and the lovely designers don't make anything close to that (other than Stuart Weitzman.. and he's not budget friendly..at least not my budget!).

Check shoes.com or shoebuy.com. They often have 20% off codes that come around. Next time I see one, I'll post it here.

What I like about these sites is that they have free shipping and free returns. So that means you can order 3 sizes and try them on at home, then send back the ones you don't like. Or get 3 pairs of different styles to see which one works best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks Helen! Lots of "designer" shoes on these sites, great links!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks for the websites, Helen! Shoes.com is awesome, I've already found 2 pairs that I really like and they have very reasonable prices!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:02 pm

I know! Amazing, isn't it? I hardly buy shoes anywhere else, anymore. I'll be sure to post a code when I come across one.

Right now all they have is $20 off $100+ at shoes.com code NYSHOES20 .

Supposedly the code DEFINITIVEDEALS will get you 10% off at shoebuy.com.

The good ones are the 20% or 25% off total purchase codes though. But you have to wait for them. Wink
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Polkadots

I personally don't think I would buy a polk dot dress, but I couldnt resist posting this here when we were talking black and white ball. Too funny with polka dots. People would remember you!!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I agree.. its definitely a memorable dress (one that you might feel funny wearing twice too!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next