Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

where did everyone go???

Go down 
+10
NDJollyMon
chrystine
flowers
taurus988
mytee4ever
Cruiseram
Triangle
NDDad
Adirondack Pete
lordoftime
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Crystine...how was disney? I read space mountain would be closed in 2009..is that true?
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Disney was great Smile We got back last night around midnight and back to work today Sad Weather was very good but the parks were very, very crowded. Space Mountain was open but I believe it will be shutting down in April for a big refurb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:42 pm

chrystine wrote:
Disney was great Smile We got back last night around midnight and back to work today Sad Weather was very good but the parks were very, very crowded. Space Mountain was open but I believe it will be shutting down in April for a big refurb.

Thanks chrystine...my older boys were dissapointed when i told them it might be closed...what was your longest wait time?
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

We used fast passes on all of the big attractions when possible or hit them early in the morning. I saw waits up to 80 minutes for Space Mountain and Mission Space, 100 minutes for Toy Story Mania and Test Track and 120 minutes for Soarin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 pm

chrystine wrote:
We used fast passes on all of the big attractions when possible or hit them early in the morning. I saw waits up to 80 minutes for Space Mountain and Mission Space, 100 minutes for Toy Story Mania and Test Track and 120 minutes for Soarin.

Wow...long waits...hope they are better in 2 weeks. I plan to get to the park early...if I can get my crew up and at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:00 pm

FastPass - the greatest invention EVER!! Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm

I think it should be better when you go. President's Week is one of their peak times. Definitely hit the parks early and use fast passes as much as possible. Also, since you are staying off-site, visit the parks that are not have early morning or extra evening hours for resort guests. Did you tell me one of your sons has special needs? If so, you might want to consider getting a guest assistance pass. How old are your younger children?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:19 pm

my little ones are 1.5 and 3...his special needs dont require guest assistance...most people dont notice his disability
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Not every disability is noticeable. Just something to keep in mind if you think it might be worthwhile. Obviously, at 1 1/2 and 3 you will have a stroller. I really debated with my son (he is Cool but we ended up bringing his old umbrella stroller and I am so glad we did. He would have never lasted all those hours with the hoards of people. He would have been trampled lol.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 am

Ok....this topic got extremely OFF TOPIC.

There was a great idea of starting a Soldiers Angels Program here, and I've split this topic and gave it a thread of it's own. It's located under I JUST HAVE TO SAY...because it really doesn't fit elsewhere.

Here's a link: https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/i-just-have-to-say-f51/soldiers-angels-program-t2911.htm

I'm moving this thead to the same heading....
back to topic!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

thank you pete
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:57 am

no prob.
Back to top Go down
Cruisin' Oma
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: I know exactly what you mean   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 am

oesnjstar wrote:
lately when i log on and go to view posts since last log on hardly anything comes up. now i know that there are cruises going on, contests going on, yet no one is talking. i need people to talk to. (i'll take some cheese with that whine please)

Pat -

I'm new to Cruise freeks and posted a message on a board for a future cruise I was interested in, and over 10 days went by without a reply. I started thinking I killed the thread! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:39 am

pat - when that happens, private message one of us and we'll help you sound off.
Back to top Go down
Cruisin' Oma
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: It's fine!   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

oesnjstar wrote:
pat - when that happens, private message one of us and we'll help you sound off.

Thanks Pat --
No need to sound off! I think it was a combination of the boards being quiet like you've noticed, and the fact that the cruise isn't until next year, so they haven't even announced the itineraries yet. THe thread in general is just slow because there isn't much to talk about until you know for sure where you are going. But when I joined it, there was 11 pages, to catch up on, so it appeared much more active to me.

It was just a coincidence that when I first came onto the thread it seemed like there was someone that would come on weekly to keep the thread active, but when I posted, those couple of people must have been on other cruises, because it went almost 10 days without anyone posting.

I really did think I killed the thread Shocked ! It was only after a week that I notice that while there were 11 pages of posts, they were spread out over several months. And sure enough, a couple of days later there were finally some posts. Whew! Made me feel better about dipping my toe into Cruise Freeks. I hadn't scared everyone off right away.

I even got a very nice personal message from someone that read my thread here and really made me feel welcome!

So thank you for offering to help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:55 am

well we're glad you're here, pat. enjoy and come on some cruises with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 am

To new Pat, welcome, and don't worry, I felt like that a few times when I first posted here, but they are really the warmest group of people I have encountered in quite a long time! You will love it here!

Pat (oesnjstar) I thought I was on the board early, you are there every morning when I am having my coffee.God Bless you! And Good Morning! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 am

jackie - i'm one of those people that sleep for an hour and get up. just too much in my head. i don't start here at work until 8 but i'm in by about 6. i like the peace and quiet and i'm not one for running in and starting right away. and don't get me started on if i'm going to be even 5 minutes late.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 am

Pat....you need therapy.

Maybe we can get a group rate!

HA! Good morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

oh i know i need therapy. that's the first step isn't it? good morning to you too.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

I'm trapped at work for a class today. I worked 24hrs yesterday...don't get to go home until this evening...then work another 24hrs. Nearly 3 straight days at work...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:12 am

that's a horrible schedule
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
I'm trapped at work for a class today. I worked 24hrs yesterday...don't get to go home until this evening...then work another 24hrs. Nearly 3 straight days at work...

If there are no fires, can you sleep while you are on duty?? Do you get 4 days off after working 3 days in a row like that? I used to do 4 days at my old job, 10 hours a day, unless there was overtime, then 12 hours. Those long days can be a killer. 24 hours a day, yikes.

My uncle was a fire man and was in two really bad fires, so I have a pretty good idea of how bad it can be of a job.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:35 pm

No, we don't get 4 days off. I work 24 on, 24hrs off for 7 shifts. Then I get a 3 day break. It's a 72hr work week...but yes...when we aren't on a call...we can relax. We do, however, train and do daily duties for 8 hrs during each shift. (not Sundays or holidays)

I did, however...get paid OT today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Wow 24 on 24 off. The firefighters in the Chicago area work 24 on 48 off and then get what's called a Kelly Day (an extra day off) after every 9th day they work. That's why whenever we need some work done around the house that Don isn't able to do we look for a firefighter with a side job in the building trades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where did everyone go???
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: