Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
+39
Cruiseram
flowers
Jfultz81
HelenB
Admin
Wildewoman
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Rita NYC
Nigel
Andy The Sailor Man
VJMorrow
Cruising Diva
dream2cruise
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
NOB
Shelia
Eddie's Wife
NYC PD
Dawns from NJ
Katherine O
Shipmate
First Timer
Gerri
BB
Dr Donna
Dee
JeanMarie
The Sophisticated Cat
Westchester Cruiser
Loves 2 Cruise
4 Leaf Clover
Pam M
Down The Shore Guy
AmbianceTraveler
Leanna N
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage

Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:42 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
nick if that was you can i tell you that the red pocketbook you wore almost all the time was definitely not for formal night

Darn! Leanna told me it didn't work, and, I said she just didn't have any fashion sense! lol!
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Cunard Cruisers,

Two links you might find helpful:

1.) How to Tie a Bow Tie: http://www.finetuxedos.com/pages/Bowtie.aspx

2.) Complete Tuxedo Packages starting at just $135: http://www.finetuxedos.com/page/tuxedo-packages.htm
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:
i did cruise where there was a man dressed as a woman. no don't get me wrong - he did not try to look like a woman - he just wore women's clothing. it was freeky. i just ran across a picture of him on my picture card.

Didn't you know?? That was NICK!! lol!

I thought it was Ron!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 pm

NOB wrote:
Hi Cunard Cruisers,

2.) Complete Tuxedo Packages starting at just $135: [url=http://www.finetuxedos.com/page/tuxedo-packages.htm
http://www.finetuxedos.com/page/tuxedo-packages.htm[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for the links, esp. the tuxedo packages!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm pretty sure Don paid right around $130 to rent a tux on one of our cruises. So it really will pay for it's self.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:14 pm

At the risk of ridicule, I'd like to know what to pack for the cocktail party for our group. Is it what Cunard calls semi formal? I was thinking of bringing 3 formal dresses each, plus two other long dresses each of us and wearing the least formal dress on semi formal night, since neither of us like short dresses. Does this sound like enough or should I bring more dresses for other activities?

btw the Jkara arrived and fits my sister to perfection. I was right on that one, perfect for her. I better keep the rest of the dresses secret huh so folks havent seen them all before we cruise. juggling
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:22 pm

flowers wrote:
At the risk of ridicule, I'd like to know what to pack for the cocktail party for our group. Is it what Cunard calls semi formal? I was thinking of bringing 3 formal dresses each, plus two other long dresses each of us and wearing the least formal dress on semi formal night, since neither of us like short dresses. Does this sound like enough or should I bring more dresses for other activities?

btw the Jkara arrived and fits my sister to perfection. I was right on that one, perfect for her. I better keep the rest of the dresses secret huh so folks havent seen them all before we cruise. juggling

I think that sounds just fine! Can't wait to see the other dresses you've gotten! I didn't even think about the cocktail party, oh boy!

What were you thinking of bringing for elegant casual night? I'm hoping for cooler weather, it seems so much easier to find nice long-sleeve tops for some reason!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm still not sure how many formal and semi formal nights there will be at all!

Quick question, though. I look TERRIBLE in black and white (or either one solo). I am very pale and both of those colors make me look washed out. Would it be acceptable to wear silver to the Black and White theme night? All of my other dresses are super bright (red, blue, purple, green) because I don't look good in other things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm

HelenB wrote:
PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:
i did cruise where there was a man dressed as a woman. no don't get me wrong - he did not try to look like a woman - he just wore women's clothing. it was freeky. i just ran across a picture of him on my picture card.

I thought it was Ron!!!!

please....I haven't dressed like a women.....in years. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

ron - was that you? nah i saw your blog pic and it's not the same.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

flowers wrote:

Jane we SHOULD have a full dressing schedule from Cunard before we sail. I say should because more than once Cunard says one thing and then does another, especially on the shorter cruises like this one.

As far as what to pack for the cocktail party, more than likely we'll follow the dress code of the evening we hold it. It's my guess we will be holding the cocktail party meaning July 2, 2009 which is a full day at sea. And, it is also my guess this will be a formal evening.

Have I been vague enough for you? Razz Seriously, once we have all the ducks in a row, we'll let everyone know the plans, what to wear and dress codes and such.

Here's the itinerary if anyone wants to take a glance:

Day Location Arrival Departure
Wednesday, July 1, 2009 New York, New York -- 06:00 PM
Thursday, July 2, 2009 Cruising The Atlantic Ocean -- --
Friday, July 3, 2009 Halifax, Nova Scotia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Saturday, July 4, 2009 Boston, Massachusetts 12:30 PM 12:00 AM
Sunday, July 5, 2009 Cruising The Atlantic Ocean -- --
Monday, July 6, 2009 New York, New York -- --
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 pm

HelenB wrote:
I'm still not sure how many formal and semi formal nights there will be at all!

Quick question, though. I look TERRIBLE in black and white (or either one solo). I am very pale and both of those colors make me look washed out. Would it be acceptable to wear silver to the Black and White theme night? All of my other dresses are super bright (red, blue, purple, green) because I don't look good in other things.

Helen, you're going to see it all - even on theme nights like Black and White, so, go ahead and wear what makes you feel good about yourself! Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
HelenB wrote:
PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:

I thought it was Ron!!!!

please....I haven't dressed like a women.....in years. flower

Besides, by the time Christina and Marina are done with Ron and his extreme makeover, Staci is going to be asking what we did with the real Ron.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
What were you thinking of bringing for elegant casual night? I'm hoping for cooler weather, it seems so much easier to find nice long-sleeve tops for some reason!

I bought two long "cruise" pattern dresses. One for instance has a Hawaiian look to the print, that I'm hoping are dressy enough for informal night. I imagine long sleeves would be fine on the ship, as the a/c is always going.

Thanks Tina for explaining that we could just dress once for formal night or whatever and wear that to the cocktail party before dinner. One less dress to get into a suitcase and fly with!!!
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 am

Haha.. please forgive me! I feel so silly now.. I know this is the fashion board, but I was also thinking everyone was going on the double transit with us (which is why I was saying something about long sleeves, lol). Its been that kind of week!!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Helen, you're going to see it all - even on theme nights like Black and White, so, go ahead and wear what makes you feel good about yourself! Wink

Thanks! I think I'll still try to stick with the silver, though, to go as close to the theme as I can. Wink
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm

NOB wrote:
Hi Cunard Cruisers,

2.) Complete Tuxedo Packages starting at just $135: [url=http://www.finetuxedos.com/page/tuxedo-packages.htm
http://www.finetuxedos.com/page/tuxedo-packages.htm[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for the links. I will definitely have dh check it out.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:29 pm

HelenB wrote:
Not sure if anyone is interested, but Barrie Pace is having a sale right now, plus they have 25% off orders of $200 or more and 35% off orders of $400 or more.

http://www.barriepace.com/bp/

Their clothes are really expensive but of the best quality. I've picked up a number of sale/clearance items from them in the past. Oh yeah, and did I mention that they have some gorgeous formalwear? I am waiting for the price on this one to come down...

Cunard Fashions - Page 12 FW08_F93BN_F_OCT

This dress has gone on sale!! Just thought you might like to know!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:10 pm

It has???? Oh my.... Thanks, Jennifer!!!!

ETA.... ARGH!!!!!!! It's on sale... in BLACK!!!!! The red color is gone! Noooooooo........

They have extra 40% off all sale items too! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Sorry, I didn't even notice they had it in black only Sad It would still look nice, but the red is.. wooowww!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Where do I search in the Barrie Pace website to find that dress and ones like it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Its on the sale page..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks Kathy , lots of outfits on sale queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 pm

You're welcome................Happy shopping!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 am

So I went out Saturday looking for a non pre tied bow-tie. Out of three Tuxedo stores , only 1 had them and that one only had one type. It was made of polyester.
Maybe pre-tied bow ties are a dying breed ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12