Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Best Cunard Memory or Tip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Best Cunard Memory or Tip Empty
PostSubject: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:27 pm

OK everyone, the great majority of this board is focusing on our group cruises which, is just fine. However, as we are still growing and have new members join us, lets remember that not everyone interested in Cunard is necessarily interested in the group dates. So, to encourage non group conversation for others to join into, I thought I would start a thread where you can all share your best memories or travel tips involving Cunard.

I'll start...

I'll admit, attending the QV naming ceremony was not only the highlight of my cruising experiences it was the highlight of my whole career thus far! However, one of the best times during that whole weekend was sitting in the Cafe Carinthia sipping a glass of champange with some new friends and just enjoying the gala evening. Like a scene out of a busy New York nightclub in an old Cary Grant movie, it was busy and everyone was dressed to the nines. There was plenty of chattering, laughter and the glitter of gems and the clinking of glasses accompanied the swishing of satin dresses as the ladies mingled around the room. Men stood a bit taller in their handsome tuxes while swapping stories in a variety of accents at the bar. In the mist of the busy cafe it was still possible to have a conversation and felt like we were in our own living room sharing the moment with a great couple from another corner of the world. A great moment on a wonderful ship that will not be soon forgotten.

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
cunardcritic.co.uk
Cunard Resident Expert
Cunard Resident Expert
cunardcritic.co.uk

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 pm

My best memory is from January 13th on QM2 in New York. On 8 deck aft, bottle of champagne on hand looking at QV and QE2 and one heck of a firework display. One of the best experiences I have had on a Cunard ship (if not a little cold!)

If you are on QM2 on a sea day, make sure you go up to 12 deck in front of the funnel at midday. Listening to the original Queen Mary's whistle is something to behold.

Best Cunard Memory or Tip QE_bridgeBest Cunard Memory or Tip Qv_bridgeBest Cunard Memory or Tip QM_bridge
Back to top Go down
http://www.cunardcritic.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Get the kleenex ready...

A few years ago my Mom was diagnosed with stage 3, almost stage 4, breast cancer and, we were told to expect the worst. They told us she was terminal and there was nothing more they could do and, that MAYBE she'd have a year with us, maybe less.

Mom is a fighter and "no" and "can't" are not in her vocabulary so she sought out alternative treatments in addition to the chemo which they advised again and, she meditated and, we all prayed for her constantly. Well, I am now a believer in miracles - Mom has been cancer free for 2.5 years now and going strong.

In celebration, we took her and the entire family on Queen Mary 2 in 2004. This was Mom's first cruise ever. She was like a kid in a candy store, she had to do everything!! And, we spoiled Mom with Queen's Grill accommodations - it was the best money we EVER spent. We've cruised together since then but, by far it was the most special and memorable cruise was Mom's first cruise.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:21 pm

:cold: (closest I could find to a box of kleenex!) That is a great memory Nick, it probably makes every cruise just a little celebration of the first one now and the QM2 a special part of your family.

James, I must say I really envy you! After the QV ceremony we really wanted to hit the NYC event but just couldn't make it work. I didn't miss the cold though! :coldout:

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Too many to even start thinking, but all of them would be on the immortal RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 - the greatest ship afloat, and which can still show the QM2 a clean pair of heels - only last month she was doing 32 knots, and more than that the month before.....

Matthew
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Well, well, well, Matthew! How did you find your way here Very Happy Glad to have you Wink

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Cunard Memory or Tip   Best Cunard Memory or Tip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Cunard Memory or Tip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: