Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Cunard Fashions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Ok girls, this one is just for us, we know the guys hate when we talk clothes so I thought I'd start a thread about shopping and fashions for our Christmas and Inaugural sailings. So if you want talk shopping and clothings, meet in here!!
Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Leanna you've done it now! The guys will know where to find us!! You know I'll be here a lot!

I'll get the ball rolling. For those who don't know me, I'm a Coldwater Creek junkie. I LOVE comfort so it's one of my favorite places to shop and they have some great buys in the Outlet right now, here's the link:

Coldwater Creek Outlet
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm

YES!! What a great idea Leanna! I've been so bad, I am already looking for formal dresses for my girls (Why is it more fun to shop for the kids?!) but it is hard to tell what size they are going to be! I love these.. (my girls will be nearly 6 and close to 3 by the time we sail)

Cunard Fashions Christmas-dresses-magenta

My husband is starting to complain. He says that by the time I'm done shopping for them we might as well of left them home and bought them both cars for Christmas!

I just keep telling him..."memories hunny, think of the memories". Plus where would we keep the cars for another 15 years?

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 pm

Nina! Those are absolutely adorable!! What a picture that would make, and, you're right - the memories would be priceless.
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Glad you all like the idea! And, Nina, those are so cute!! I love them!! Can I get one in my size please!!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:52 pm

I can hear my credit cards panting from exhaustion already... Thanks a lot Leanna Wink
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:08 pm

Hey girls! GREAT idea Leanna! Nina, your girls will look beautiful in those dresses, I'm sure! Don't you let your hubby talk you out of it, you can put a little aside each pay check and that way it doesn't hurt so much!
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Ok girls, need your opinion, I'm eyeing this in Neiman's for the Black and White Ball. Tell me what you think!

Cunard Fashions Nmt1bf13
Back to top Go down
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Loves 2 Cruise

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Leanna - GREAT IDEA! I see the boys have retaliated already lol!

4 leaf - that dress is PERFECT for the Black and White Ball

Nina - I LOVE those dresses for your girls!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Clover, that dress is AMAZING!!!

So has anyone else peeked in on the boys? They're talking sports and ordering beer already!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 am

LOL I can't believe the guys started a King's Room!!

4 leaf - That dress is stunning!

Nina - I love those dresses for your girls!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:54 pm

I found the most amazing site for girl's party dresses I'm in heaven! (ARRGGGHHH and yet not, won't really be able to buy anything until next summer when I'll know what size!)

I hope they still carry this one next year for the B&W ball. I also LOVE the one next to it....wonder if I could order it my size?
Cunard Fashions Yhst-63025373064411_1987_432196 Cunard Fashions Yhst-63025373064411_1987_4580107
I think we're going to need a whole other cabin just for all the gowns! Think about it, it will be my sister, 2 little girls and myself for 2 weeks with probably at least 4-5 formal nights! Not to mention the semi-formal and elegant casual. Plus all the matching shoes affraid

Drats, can't get the pictures to post! Follow the links.

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Ladies, nice to see you all in here! Wonderful idea Leanna and I see the boys are busy over in "their" room. Let's keep them there! Wink

Oh I am so glad that we have a place to chat shopping and clothing without going into the main board.

Nina the dresses you are selecting are absolutely adoreable! Your girls will be the hit of ship, I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Sophisticated Cat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Oh boy!!! HappyHappyJoyJoy Thank you for coming up with this idea Leanna!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 pm

4 Leaf - that gown is to-die-for - absolutely perfect for The Black and White Ball!!

Nina - Don't feel bad, I have a dedicated suitcase just for shoes! And I don't mean a carry on-bag, I mean a suitcase!! Wink
Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm another who brings more shoes than she needs but, I'd rather have them on hand than not because I don't know about anyone else but, with me, sometimes, especially in the heat, my feet tend to expand and what might feel great one day might not fit or feel so great the next. And, who am I kidding, I overpack everytime and everytime I swear I'm going to be better organized and it never happens Laughing
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:41 pm

I am normally, a very light packer. For most 5-7 day cruises I can get away with 1 carry on and a book bag. (yes, gowns & shoes included!)

For this I can see our suitcase list growing...

1 case for shoes and accessories

4 garment bags, 1 for the girls, 1 for James, 1 for my sister & 1 for me.

3-4 cases for day wear

1 case for in-cabin books, games, favorite blankets, dolls and other such kid stuff.

1 case for toiletries and blow up bath.

Perhaps, we will just take the train to the port or pack in trunks! (I do have a very nice sea trunk that I used as a hope chest before I was married) Dragging all this through an airport with kids would not be fun!

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Nina I want your packing list!!!! I am impressed!! I need a suitcase just for shoes too!!!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Leanna, this is for a 5-7 day warm weather cruise...

In maximum size carry-on:

1 pair slacks (not jeans, they are too thick to pack)
3 pair shorts/capris
3-4 "day" tops
2 sun dresses (one to double as elegant casual with glittery jewlery and decorative shoes)* Wear 1 while traveling
2 "slinkier" cocktail dresses (for compactedness)
2 formal column gowns.
1 pair nice walking sandals for day * wear while traveling
1 black pair evening dress shoes
1 pair flip flops for pool
1 pair "alternate" decorative evening shoes.
1 black shawl
1 pink shawl both to go with evening wear
2 bathing suits with coverup
Gloves and hair accessories

Tolietries, camara, laptop etc, change of cloths and pair of shoes go in book bag.

I wear the walking sandals and one of the dressier daywear options such as a sun dress with sweater or slacks and blouse to travel in.

Type of fabric is key, nothing bulky or more than one layer is brought. I cut down my toiletries case to include nothing that is supplied in the bathrooms and then only in travel size. Cuts down on tons of room! I plan on wearing most things twice as long as they stay clean or can be easily washed in the sink.

Stuff socks, underwear etc inside shoes to maintain shape and maximize space.

Plus, I always sit on my case while zipping it up Razz

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 pm

ImNotWorthy I have found my leader!! Nina, I think my husband will give you a kiss if I can cut down to just one normal suitcase! You'll probably get a marriage proposal if I actually get down to a carry on! Razz
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Oh Jean, it's not that hard really! Of course, for a 14 day cruise all of this would be doubled and need a 1 full size case and 1 carry-on.

I have been thinking of putting together a YouTube video "Cunard Fashion & Packing". Get my sister to model outfit ideas and give examples of turning something from daywear to evening and finishing with how to pack it all into the smallest suitcase available.

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:09 pm

JeanMarie - I can manage a two week cruise, on Cunard, with 1 suitcase, 1 Garment, and 1 carry-on. I used to be the queen of overpacking until I realize the old rule of thumb holds true. Bring half the clothes you think you need...you know why? Because it's true!

I also want to remind everyone that QM2 has self laundry so that helps cut down on the amount of undergarments and other washable clothing needed.

For me, I find the items that take up the most space are my formalwear but, that's one area where I won't compromise so, I put formal-wear, including my husband's tuxedo into the garment bag, and, for the rest. I get one side, my husband gets the other. If I can't fit it on myside or in my carry on, then I decide if it's something I really need...if it is, I find something to remove from the bag...if it isn't...I simply leave it home.

And don't forget, if you really get in a pinch, you can always purchase something on-board or while in port!
Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:42 pm

LOL you know, I tell myself about take half the clothes and twice the money rule everytime I go on vacation, and, yet I always overpack and come home broke Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:03 am

HELP Very Happy This Christmas cruise will be my second time on Cunard, the first time was about 15 years ago with my parents. Can you all give me some ideas of where you shop and/or what brands do you take on Cunard. For example, for "casual" night, would a St. John's pant suit be acceptable? Any guiding hand would be appreciated!

Donna
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi Donna,

I don't think it is as much about brand (no one will be checking your tags Razz ) as it is about what looks good. One of my favorite gowns (I wore it to the naming ceremony of QV and received many compliments) I purchased on sale at Younkers (like a Macy's) for less then $25.00. However, the cut is classy and you can't go wrong in red! You will all see it on the Christmas cruise Smile

Pant suits always look nice on any shape so for casual night it would be quite appropriate and depending on the fabric for semi-formal even. I love to dress to the nines so am probably a little over dressed at times but here is what I tend to wear:

Day:

Sun dress or pair of slacks with a blouse. In the Caribbean, capris with well fitting t-shirt or top. If I'm not trying to pack light: well fitting jeans with jacket and low heels.

Evening:

Elegant casual: Add a dressy sweater or shawl and heels to the sundress or wear a pant/skirt suit.

Semi-Formal: Simple/non flashy gown, dressy pant/skirt suit, cocktail dress with heels or palazzo (sp?) pants with nice top.

Formal: Break out the gowns, gloves and jewels!

Hope this helps. What do the rest of you ladies wear? Anyone that wants to share some picture examples?

www.ambiancetc.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cunard Fashions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cunard Fashions   Cunard Fashions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Fashions
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: