Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:45 pm

[quote="jillybabes"]
PH8 wrote:

Kathy: Do you ever book a cruise & don't change it lol! ???
Hey,its not my fault.RCCL has too many options.......... Laughing

Sheila-pay good attention to the GR and let me know what the best things to do on it are...........I cant wait......I am so excited to be going outta Tampa,.....,and on a new ship(to us)........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:53 pm

House is clean. Laundry is done. Dogs are groomed. Had lunch with my friends.

Had my eye check-up, matter of fact she even dilated my eyes and now I can't see worth a darn. And since I haven't had a new pair of specs in over 4 years I went ahead a bought new glasses.

Didn't do groceries.

All in all it's been a great day off?
Jill, when you've cruised as much as you and I have packing takes what 15 minutes! roflmao

Sheila & Bob have fun.

Yes Marilyn I had problems finding the thread too, thought at first that everyone ran away from home.

Need to start supper.

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks for everyone's good wixhes on my being half a citizen - the other half is still English! Or at least that's what my UK passport says!

Have been in LA a couople of days. Saw Wheel of Fortune taping yesterday, followed by Val Kilmer & Drew Carey on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, both great fun.

The weather here is lovely - sunny and 70s - I'm downtown at the Public Library to check email - spectacular building. In fact downtown LA is beautiful - lots of greenery, great architecture (the new Catherdral - wow!) and even a flock of parakeets flying around!

Looking forward to Malibu and Santa Monica tomorrow and then the Vision. Will probably spend a lot of time in the bar that Jean #1 recommended. Shame the karaoke on 7 nights is never as good as Monarch - now they have some great singers.

Hope veryone is surviving the storms. Thought of you - Jul - wehen they said Branson had tornados. Hope you're all OK.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi all! Long week and I have to work 1/2 day tomorrow. BOO! But the worst is over with the fiscal year finally closed out.

Jean #1, did you read about this??? It has "you and Don" written all over it:
Royal Caribbean Opens Dance Floor To Vacationers In New Production Show
Inspired by Hit TV Show, "Invitation to Dance" Makes Guests the Stars on Explorer of the Seas

MIAMI, January 9, 2008 - Royal Caribbean International guests can Rumba, Samba, Cha-Cha, Waltz or Swing into the spotlight in "Invitation to Dance," the cruise line's newest production show featuring guests as stars aboard Explorer of the Seas. Created in conjunction with Louis van Amstel, Emmy-nominated choreographer for ABC-TV's "Dancing with the Stars," and Cheryl Burke, two-time winner on the show, "Invitation to Dance" transports the world of professional ballroom dancing to the high seas.

Guests sailing on Explorer have the opportunity to compete for the honor of best ballroom dancers at sea. With the guidance of professional dancers, stylists and make-up artists, guests may just realize their true calling while on vacation.

"Invitation to Dance' is another example of Royal Caribbean's dynamic and innovative approach to offering engaging entertainment and activities for our guests," said Peter Compton, vice president, Entertainment and Guest Activities, Royal Caribbean International. "With all the excitement surrounding competitive dancing on television, we are now challenging our guests to live out a dream while enjoying their cruise vacation."

Chosen during an evening of ballroom dancing at the beginning of each cruise, four couples are selected to participate in the "Invitation to Dance" production show later that week. The finalists work with Royal Caribbean's professional ballroom couples to learn slick dance moves, attend costume fittings, and receive star treatment in preparation for their Royal Caribbean stage debut. Showtime is an exciting evening in the spotlight for the dancing couples as they join the Royal Caribbean cast on stage and compete against each other for the applause and support of their fellow guests.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Well, I've started to pack I'm about 75% done.

How about you Jill?

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Sounds like Diane and Jill have packing down to a science.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:36 pm

[quote="PH8"]
jillybabes wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Kathy: Do you ever book a cruise & don't change it lol! ???
Hey,its not my fault.RCCL has too many options.......... Laughing

Sheila-pay good attention to the GR and let me know what the best things to do on it are...........I cant wait......I am so excited to be going outta Tampa,.....,and on a new ship(to us)........

I didn't realize that you hadn't been on the Gr b4, what are you interested in doing sunny ??? What cabin did you wind up booking Question
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:43 pm

frudutx wrote:

How about you Jill?

d

Nope, have not started yet (unless you count the misc items that I have not unpacked from the last cruise HappyHappyJoyJoy . Know what I am taking so it should be no problemo to put in the luggage... Taking a duffel, garment bag and carry on...
Were you able to cancel the transfers back to the airport Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:44 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sounds like Diane and Jill have packing down to a science.

We sure do, don't we D... flower
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 pm

By the way, went with 2 other friends to see The Bucket List and it was wonderful...Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman were terrific, don't miss it!!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:34 am

Murphy wrote:

Inspired by Hit TV Show, "Invitation to Dance" Makes Guests the Stars on Explorer of the Seas

MIAMI, January 9, 2008 - Royal Caribbean International guests can Rumba, Samba, Cha-Cha, Waltz or Swing into the spotlight in "Invitation to Dance," the cruise line's newest production show featuring guests as stars aboard Explorer of the Seas. Created in conjunction with Louis van Amstel, Emmy-nominated choreographer for ABC-TV's "Dancing with the Stars," and Cheryl Burke, two-time winner on the show, "Invitation to Dance" transports the world of professional ballroom dancing to the high seas.

Guests sailing on Explorer have the opportunity to compete for the honor of best ballroom dancers at sea. With the guidance of professional dancers, stylists and make-up artists, guests may just realize their true calling while on vacation.

"Invitation to Dance' is another example of Royal Caribbean's dynamic and innovative approach to offering engaging entertainment and activities for our guests," said Peter Compton, vice president, Entertainment and Guest Activities, Royal Caribbean International. "With all the excitement surrounding competitive dancing on television, we are now challenging our guests to live out a dream while enjoying their cruise vacation."

Chosen during an evening of ballroom dancing at the beginning of each cruise, four couples are selected to participate in the "Invitation to Dance" production show later that week. The finalists work with Royal Caribbean's professional ballroom couples to learn slick dance moves, attend costume fittings, and receive star treatment in preparation for their Royal Caribbean stage debut. Showtime is an exciting evening in the spotlight for the dancing couples as they join the Royal Caribbean cast on stage and compete against each other for the applause and support of their fellow guests.

I don't think so. We'd be divorced before the end of the cruise!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:21 am

Morning all..........

Jill-----I was just wondering what the BEST part of the GR was......like on the SS,I love going to Boleros.........we are in the steerage section this time.........did a guarantee inside and we are on deck 2......oh well, its the cheap seats!!

Glad you enjoyed Bucket List.....the critics slammed it,but we all know how that goes,right??

Looks like Sheila may have a rainy sailaway today......as long as its not foggy like Jills cruise......wish there was a webcam for Tampa.....

I,for one, am a last minute packer cuz I absolutlely stress out.......how do I know ahead of time what I want to wear?? confused Would love to be so rich,I could just buy clothes along as I travel..............

Later!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:47 am

critterchick wrote:
Murphy wrote:

I don't think so. We'd be divorced before the end of the cruise!

Sounds to much like work to me and I'm there to relax. study

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 am

jillybabes wrote:
frudutx wrote:

How about you Jill?

d

Nope, have not started yet (unless you count the misc items that I have not unpacked from the last cruise HappyHappyJoyJoy . Know what I am taking so it should be no problemo to put in the luggage... Taking a duffel, garment bag and carry on...
Were you able to cancel the transfers back to the airport Question Question Question

We just checked our doc and we did not book transfers. I think we did it that way just in case they have the luggage transfer package.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 am

haha....good read!!

its on the NCL boards.........RCI vs NCL...... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=689683

heres a part of it:

"
#22 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Report
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Post_old Today, 08:40 AM

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Imageexcitedofharpenden Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 User_offline
vbmenu_register("postmenu_12948086", true);

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon1

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingator2 Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Viewpost
I thought that you left RCI because you don't like them and they don't like you. Your words, not mine. I have read that you also no longer like Carnival, Princess or Celebrity. I do hope that you enjoy NCL as you're running out of cruise lines.

So there is no confusion on this board, the RCI Concierge lounge is for suite guests and C&A Diamond/+ but when there are too many Diamond/+ on board they open up an additional lounge to handle the overflow in the evening for drinks and such. They close the Concierge lounge to anyone but suite guests which makes sense due to the amount that is paid for suites. Most people do not have a problem with this and can go with the flow. Those that do not are the ones that seem to have issues but then again free coffee is not a deal breaker for me when choosing a cruise line.Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Rolleyes

cruisingator2, thanks for putting the facts out there. I'm afraid we have seen the story of broken toes too many times also and it gets old and tired.

I posted this in May 2006 on the RCI boards:

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitedofharpenden Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Viewpost
Brenda, you make me laugh. You are still banging on about this poor Summit experience. You couldn't fault them before and waxed lyrical about your Concierge Class home away from home. Where did it go wrong? I suspect it was after they knew you were on there trying to blag an upgrade with your black light fiasco. They really did know you were coming. I have a funny feeling that having gone through Princess and Celebrity, you will fall out with RCCL, but let's wait and see.
I suspect the same will happen with NCL.

Phil
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Morning,

Kathy you beat me to it. Here's the link again http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=689683

Let's hear if for Patrick and Phil!!! Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Heres another lulu of a thread.......not CCCs....but some guy says you can email the GR to ask for a table for 2........he disagrees with what I say.check it out....feel free to add your input if you agree with me.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=689274
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 pm

PH8 wrote:
Heres another lulu of a thread.......not CCCs....but some guy says you can email the GR to ask for a table for 2........he disagrees with what I say.check it out....feel free to add your input if you agree with me.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=689274
What a complete idiot. Wonder if he is related to you know who?? Laughing Seems they have the same mentality.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:14 pm

I have noticed that ol CC is just becoming a bunch of b**chers and complainers.....I thought they had no flaming rules but it sure seems like they've gone by the wayside on that.......

Read the post of the guy being thrown off in Labadee....well, ya know if ya do something bad enuff on the ship to be thrown off..uhhhh you have to complain about it???...My lordy, if it happened to me...no matter how wronged I felt, I sure as He** wouldn't broadcast it....I sincerely doubt that Rcl throws people off the ship wrongly...what an expensive lawsuit that would be...puhleeezzzzzz

And that Merle........YIKES.....both Merle and Macop are five letters and start with an M...

oh well.......that's my take on all the CRAP over there.........I feel sorry for new people there .......they don't have a shot at getting good info......I'm now referring all friends to here and stopped referring CC......

Kathy.........I jst the other day said something about getting the swelly belly when lifting......I must be an IDIOT!!!....today I am cleaning my warehouse and moved the boxes of old records for the store (heavy heavy)....and IT"S BACK in full force.....Maaaaaaaaan.......when will it end?????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:33 pm

I had read the posts but didn't comment, she doesn't give up does she. And, it appears as if even the folks on the NCL threads are growing weary of her complaining.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:07 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning all..........

Jill-----I was just wondering what the BEST part of the GR was......like on the SS,I love going to Boleros.........we are in the steerage section this time.........did a guarantee inside and we are on deck 2......oh well, its the cheap seats!!

Glad you enjoyed Bucket List.....the critics slammed it,but we all know how that goes,right??

Looks like Sheila may have a rainy sailaway today......as long as its not foggy like Jills cruise......wish there was a webcam for Tampa.....

I,for one, am a last minute packer cuz I absolutlely stress out.......how do I know ahead of time what I want to wear?? confused Would love to be so rich,I could just buy clothes along as I travel..............

Later!

We enjoyed going to Karaoke nightly, the singers were some of the best we ever saw on a ship and a few were from the "Carter Clan" (I was a judge one night!!!)...The shows were also very entertaining...If you get upgraded you will have to let me know...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Julie - take it easy!!!

Well, she's back at it. Never cruised NCL, but can you really PP before MFP??? Wink

Going to see Bucket List today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm

frudutx wrote:
I had read the posts but didn't comment, she doesn't give up does she. And, it appears as if even the folks on the NCL threads are growing weary of her complaining.

d

Ditto, will it ever end scratch !!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:13 pm

frudutx wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
frudutx wrote:

How about you Jill?

d

We just checked our doc and we did not book transfers. I think we did it that way just in case they have the luggage transfer package.

d

We will give you a ride to the airport ThumpsUp ...

Chris: Enjoy The Bucket List, be sure to bring tissues Sad ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Saw your comment Diane,,,,,,,,I hope he doesnt go after you too.,but I wouldnt doubt it..... Rolling Eyes I am sure he b**ched and moaned to C and A and thats why he got that email..

Thanks Jill for that info..............somehow I doubt I'll get upgraded cuz the only way I would is pay for it at the pier(and Im sure it will be sold out).......no upgrades(free) for DP for cruises less than 7 nights.. Mad

Jul.Jul.Jul....now you know better....sorry you overdid it.......BTW-I agree-lots of moaners on CC lately...........

Patti---seems to be a whole family of Macops out there lately...just hope Im never in a CL with any of them.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next