Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
RBOUR
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
GrmyCRS
vlscruiser
critterchick
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Didn't "she" say in her "honeymoon" visit to LV that she and that poor man were married in 1995????? You must read a review from Dawn Princess 2000....states they were rewarded first class seats(after another airline fiasco) because it was their 20th wedding anniversary. I'll forward the link to those of you I have e-mail addresses and please forward to those I don't have.

Julie - Must've been because you mentioned Patti not being able to post on her own thread. Hope lots saw it before it vanished!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:23 pm

Well it looks like I missed all the fun again?!?! And you guys all went to bed early! Ugh! I guess I'll have to go see what's going on at cc.

We have a busy weekend too, the inlaws have a vacation home up at clear lake, and we need to go check on it, and see what needs to be done to get it through the winter. They are no longer driving, and in poor health, so thought we would try to get it ready to possibly rent out next summer.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:30 am

We have a relatively calm weekend coming up. Hoping to pull some of the Radiance staff off the ship on Sunday for a barbeque at the house. We met some really nice people that we'd like to keep in touch with.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:00 am

Hi Jean, Sounds like you have a great weekend planned ahead for the Radiance staff. Have fun Party and lift one for me. Drinks

I am hopeful that I can get down to Brea this weekend since the 5 was tied up so bad this week.

Was really nice here today with the wind back to normal.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:28 am

Morning.................

Ginny, June won't be able to make the April 09 cruise with us because she and Les and doing the Coral Princess, 42 days out of Sydney. But there is no excuse for Jean.

Jean#1, so who's all coming to the barbeque, if I might ask? How nice of you to do that for them.

Have a great day everyone............be back later.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:38 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Been reading different boards this morning and need to get ready for the day. Bible Study here at 10:00 AM and roof inspector here today since he didn't come yesterday or so I was told. A then late afternoon a massage (sp) to help my back.

Weather is nice no wind today.

Catch up later.

You'll have a great day. Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Ginny, I meant to ask you about your winds. They showed on our News here about the sand storms in Lancaster. It looked really bad.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Patti, you've got mail!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:11 pm

critterchick wrote:
Patti, you've got mail!
Got it and then some!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:36 pm

I understand that the sandstorm earlier in the week caused some major accidents. It was on the 14 Freeway and Ave. A.

That is North of me, but probably still in the Antelope Valley. Anyway didn't watch the news and didn't know about it until Julie mentioned it to me here on the boards.

We always seem to have wind in the afternoon and of course it is nice in the summer but not nice for the lawns as the water didn't reach the grass. Lots of brown spots in the summer.

It does make for clear skies and lots of stars at night. Lots of sand since it is the desert and I usually get some dirt inside the front door from the heavy winds.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:41 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Ginny, June won't be able to make the April 09 cruise with us because she and Les and doing the Coral Princess, 42 days out of Sydney. But there is no excuse for Jean.

Hi Patti - I couldn't remember when June's cruise was, but thought she wasn't available.

I'd have to take all my annual vacation to take the April 2009 Radiance cruise, so that looks like a non-starter. But I'll keep it on the back burner in case something changes before then.

I'm workiing nights this weekend, so will be on line when everyone else is asleep!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:57 pm

A few days ago it was mentioned that RCCL may be changing the Crown & Anchor requirements.

Has there been any further news on that? scratch

I'm doing a 4 night Monarch on 7 January which will get me to Diamond. (Ginny - I'm not on the Jan 4th sailing.)

If they are going to change it on Jan 1, I would have to make my December B2B into a B2B2B. I would have to change cabins :arrow: for the 3rd cruise, but I'm trying to only take carry-on! And I can use my OBC from the January booking. I knew I should have bought a couple of those $100 OBC 'no cruise planned' deposits.
I realize that spending an extra 5 days cruising in the sun in December, instead of being in the :coldout: and :rain: of Portland is a hardship, but I'd try to make the best of the inconvenience! DocDance .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi SPB's. I expect to have a quiet weekend but as soon as I say that something will come up.

I have a question for those who can usually answer anything. ImNotWorthy
I'm trying to get to D+ sooner so if I book a Jnr suite on a 3 or 4 night cruise, do I get 2 points???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:07 pm

I just checked and my post on the thank you thread was poofed. The other one left is the one I edited quickly. I think I was poofed because I used Patti's name and stated my opinion on her inability to post.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi SPB's. I expect to have a quiet weekend but as soon as I say that something will come up.

I'm trying to get to D+ sooner so if I book a Jnr suite on a 3 or 4 night cruise, do I get 2 points???

Yes, you do get two cruise credits for the Jr. suite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:28 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Yes, you do get two cruise credits for the Jr. suite.

Thanks Jen. I want to be at D+ at the beginning of a BtoB and not in the middle. This will do it.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:29 pm

TwitchOR wrote:
A few days ago it was mentioned that RCCL may be changing the Crown & Anchor requirements.

I'm doing a 4 night Monarch on 7 January which will get me to Diamond. (Ginny - I'm not on the Jan 4th sailing.)

If they are going to change it on Jan 1, I would have to make my December B2B into a B2B2B. I would have to change cabins :arrow: for the 3rd cruise, but I'm trying to only take carry-on! And I can use my OBC from the January booking. I knew I should have bought a couple of those $100 OBC 'no cruise planned' deposits.
I realize that spending an extra 5 days cruising in the sun in December, instead of being in the :coldout: and :rain: of Portland is a hardship, but I'd try to make the best of the inconvenience! DocDance .

I haven't heard anything? What would they be changing?
I need 5 more cruise credits to make Diamond. I hope they don't change anything! Was thinking of making my Feb Monarch into a B2B, but don't think I'll have enough vacation time by then.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 pm

TwitchOR wrote:

Jean, right now it is only a rumor.........have heard it could change as early as January 2008. Have heard that those currently in C&A would be grandfathered in. So who knows.

Yep, you should have done a couple of NextCruise bookings. They are always nice to have just in case. We have 4 and they are burning a hole in my pocket not being able to use them right now. But we are waiting for the fall of 2009 to come out. Would like to do a Med cruise and then stay on and do the TA back home. That's the plan right now. Navigator has a great cruise doing the Greek Islands and then the TA after that.

Oh to dream the impossible dream!!

BTW, we got a flyer in the mail from Princess and the Tahitian Princess is doing several 14 day Alaska cruises next summer starting and ending in Vancouver but going all the way up to Seward. Kodiak is also included.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:42 pm

Here is the link to the current C&A fact sheet:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Crown_and_Anchor_FACT_SHEET.pdf

Might want to keep it handy to compare any changes? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 pm

I just had a thought.........and that could be dangerous. Embarassed Do you all think that our dear friend is posting under a new screen name. Ya know, if you ask for one and have a good reason, it will be changed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:57 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
I just had a thought.........and that could be dangerous. Embarassed Do you all think that our dear friend is posting under a new screen name. Ya know, if you ask for one and have a good reason, it will be changed!

HolySheep You might be right. We should lurk around and search. Her posting style will shine through eventually.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi SPB's: Just checking in...Closet was fixed today and I was able to hang clothes back up... Donating another bag of stuff plus 6 purses...
Weather here continues to be warm and hopefully will cool off next week...
Jean #1: How nice of you & Don to have a bar-b-que for the crew have a great time...
Sheila: What ship are you thinking about now Laughing ...
Off to make dinner, will check in Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

HolySheep You might be right. We should lurk around and search. Her posting style will shine through eventually.
Well, it would be a plus on my end.............cause I could post. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Hi SPB's: Just checking in...Closet was fixed today and I was able to hang clothes back up... Donating another bag of stuff plus 6 purses...
Weather here continues to be warm and hopefully will cool off next week...
Jean #1: How nice of you & Don to have a bar-b-que for the crew have a great time...
Sheila: What ship are you thinking about now Laughing ...
Off to make dinner, will check in Later, Jill Cool

Jill I looked at some out of Port Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale. I have a RT SWA voucher and my pool closes for 2 weeks for renovations in either Jan or Feb. Any advise????
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Talking to Rachel she made it sound as tho it's possible that the 3/4 days would be different as to how they give credits on those.......a 3 day shouldn't give the same credit a 11 day does....that's all I've heard on the C&A changes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next