Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
Murphy
vlscruiser
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
misseddie
jillybabes
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes, son in law...DD is the one with high risk pregnancy
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Sending good vibes to Nancy!

It's chilly (for us) and clear today. Don turned off the lawn sprinklers, so of course now it's not going to rain. The lawn is soaked, though, so best to save some water and let it dry out a bit.

I have my air cast on this morning - immobilizing the lateral movement seems to help a lot. And I can walk without limping. The dogs are sad that they aren't getting their walk, though, so I think I will send Don out with them tonight.

I'm getting back into swimming, which is good for my ankle, other muscles and cardio, but hell on my hair and nails. Good thing I''m not overly vain!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Just a quick email this AM from Nancy to say thanks for the support. No other news. It is her son-in-law.

I had big plans to get my mani pedi and brows done this afternoon. Guess what it's Vietnamese New Year and they're all closed. Now I'm really screwed 'cause I have another appt and work til 5pm tomorrow and I have to pack Wed after work. I guess my only option is to try to get in somewhere before they close tomorrow night. FlamingMad

Just want to let you know I won't be entering the Celebrity Cruise Comp. Wanted to give all of you a chance and I'll be in Oz anyway. roflmao roflmao DocDance
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Just a quick email this AM from Nancy to say thanks for the support. No other news. It is her son-in-law.

I had big plans to get my mani pedi and brows done this afternoon. Guess what it's Vietnamese New Year and they're all closed. Now I'm really screwed 'cause I have another appt and work til 5pm tomorrow and I have to pack Wed after work. I guess my only option is to try to get in somewhere before they close tomorrow night. FlamingMad

Just want to let you know I won't be entering the Celebrity Cruise Comp. Wanted to give all of you a chance and I'll be in Oz anyway. roflmao roflmao DocDance

that is so nice of you to give us a chance to win!!!!! I better look at the date again. that isn't the OZ trip we are on together is it?

why can't you pack today & get your nails done Wed????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm

crzy4cruising wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

that is so nice of you to give us a chance to win!!!!! I better look at the date again. that isn't the OZ trip we are on together is it?

why can't you pack today & get your nails done Wed????

Brens we leave for Oz at the end of Feb and do a BtoB and a week in Melbourne before we join you guys back to Hawaii so we'll be gone already. I think you'll be cutting it close too.

I really don't want to have to do all of the packing and the other stuff in a few hours after work, so I'm really going to try for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

AND THIS IS FOR JEAN (#1).... Jean, there is a new contest going on and it is REALLY easy! There will be 8 clues, but I figured it out after the first clue that came out today!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Murphy wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

AND THIS IS FOR JEAN (#1).... Jean, there is a new contest going on and it is REALLY easy! There will be 8 clues, but I figured it out after the first clue that came out today!!! Laughing

You are so smart Susan...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi all........

Wow Sheila-you should be here.........My nail place was open........they did mention it was their New Years ........so I said HAPPY NEW YEAR!! hahah.........

Before that I got a haircut and brows waxed(HATE doing that--OUCH!!).......

so it was a total day of pampering for me......

Jul-how ya feeling this afternoon?? Hope you get some meds to kick in soon..........BTW------warming up but gonna be chilly again.........at least in central FL..........on Friday--the high will be 65 and RAIN.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgggghhhh........ Maybe your weather will be better..same to you,Sheila and Michelle...........

I really should think about packing too...........I know nothing will fit...........I head out Thursday and meeting my friend for a pre cruise night on Cocoa Beach..........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 pm

PH8 wrote:

Before that I got a haircut and brows waxed(HATE doing that--OUCH!!)............

I had my haircut and brows waxed last Saturday. It was the first time I had this tech do my brows. She literally ripped part of my eyelid away! About 1/2 inch below my brow line I now have a 2 inch gash. It almost looks like someone punched me in my eye! Thankfully the new hair cut has my bangs to the side that cover up my wound! Let's just say, she won't be waxing me again!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Sounds very painful Susan. What a Face
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm

The Nerve, and they charge us to be beautiful Arg , no pain, no gain stickingtongueout or so they say...After all these years, I'm still trying to figure out who "they" are roflmao !!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, the PCS has set in, I am so depressed. I sure the fact that the weather here has been so cold and overcast all day does not help.

I went and had blood drawn for my Endo appt on Wed. John had a Dental appt this afternoon. I'm finishing up a baby afghan. Have put the embroidery machine in the car so that I can drop it by the shop on the way home tomorrow. I am not looking forward to work but I guess I should be glad I have a job right?

Well, I'm going to go take an early shower cause I just know I'll fall asleep in front of the TV tonight. :tv: .

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 pm

That contest was too easy!.....The Italy one was tough......I emailed my answer in only cuz I know the next month is crazy and I'd be likely to forget...

Getting lots of sleet and ice now.......home and hoping it doesn't get too bad.

dd's worried if the power goes out how we keep the babies warm.....I said we at least have 5 cars full of gas to sit in!! (yes, I know---not in the garage!!!)

Bundled up in several layers and ready for a quiet night at home. Going to try and get the packing all finalized so that I can just veg the next couple days.

Diane.......sorry the PCS is setting in......I'll be in your shoes soon enuff I'm sure!

Hey.......by chance has anyone stayed at the JW Marriott in downtown Miami??? Got that hotel on priceline today and I don't know anything about it.

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Jul, that's the same reason I sent in my contest guess today! I figured next week will be crazy at work trying to clear my desk before my cruise, then I'll be gone a week and things will be even crazier when I get back... but I agree, the clue was TMI for a first clue! I didn't even try to do the Italy contest after the first clue! LOL I looked at it and went... HUH???

Diane, maybe getting back to work and your regular schedule will help overcome your PCS! I hope so!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Evening everyone...

Just got home from the Podiatrist, got measured for orthotics. Now just have to order them. They aren't to expensive though, about $40 and also need to get a night splint which is another $40.

Jul- Hope you feel better.

Jean- Glad you are healing, is the air cast big and bulky? I might have to have my foot cast, if these new orhotics don't do the the trick.

I don't think I am going to enter any more contests this year, I've won my share, and I don't think I can afford the taxes and all the extras.

Have to sit down and do my taxes this weekend, and see where we stand.
Crying or Very sad I hate doing them, but I don't like having someone else do them either.

Later...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Evening all............

Well, we looked at the first clue and have no idea. I\'m so glad that Jul and Susan know the answer after just one clue. Every group needs at least two smart a$$es!! roflmao

Sheila, I would have been packed a week ago. That ice storm that Julie is talking about is going south of us but looks like it is headed in your direction. Be careful.

Last edited by cruisenfever on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Patti.........ONE WORD......................"GOOGLE"............ roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:53 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti.........ONE WORD......................"GOOGLE"............ roflmao roflmao
I did and do you realize how many things are opened 365 days a year. It's the word "seating" that has me puzzled.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Evening everyone...

Just got home from the Podiatrist, got measured for orthotics. Now just have to order them. They aren't to expensive though, about $40 and also need to get a night splint which is another $40.

Jul- Hope you feel better.

Jean- Glad you are healing, is the air cast big and bulky? I might have to have my foot cast, if these new orhotics don't do the the trick.

I don't think I am going to enter any more contests this year, I've won my share, and I don't think I can afford the taxes and all the extras.

Crying or Very sad I hate doing them, but I don't like having someone else do them either.

Later...

gez I want your orthotics, mine cost $500 a pair & I am on my 2nd pair!!!! I was in a fracture boot for almost a year & it just became part of my wardrobe. the important thing to do is get a shoe the same height for the other foot.

as far as the contest--I think I got it right, I didn't realize there was only 1 answer--I just googled & there it was. BUT, then I looked at the date & it would get back 3 days before we go to Australia. Guess we could always fly from Charleston to Sydney Laughing . my luck I'll win

GoodLuck all. do they let you know you sent in the right answer or not until the end of the contest?
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Evening everyone...

Later...

I LOVE Turbotax, really easy. course you still have to gather stuff, but I TRY to keep up with stuff all year long by using spread sheets. just waiting for some W whatevers & 1099s & i'll be done. this year they hae free E-filing, man that is fast & easty & it comes back fast
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:01 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
I did and do you realize how many things are opened 365 days a year. It's the word "seating" that has me puzzled.

uhoh, maybe I wasn't right. but the thing I found had almost the identical wording in their ad. oh well, there is always the next one
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Brenda it's a secret until the contest is over and the winners are annouced.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
You've got mail!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Murphy wrote:
Brenda it's a secret until the contest is over and the winners are annouced.

thanks Susan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Im with you Patti............its not that easy to me either and I tried doing a search............we probably couldnt go since we'll be on the Solstice the month before. and like Jen..have taxes to pay on the 3 I won..........and yes,that Italy one was challenging.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next