Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas on EOS

Go down 
+36
Exairgoddess1
lordoftime
bratni
Ajani
Kenny
spruce120
Leanna N
Greta
ndmomof4
Big Red Robyn
Tommy Bahamas
vlscruiser
NDDad
cruiseforme
Down The Shore Guy
Kim T
dream2cruise
Former Cruise Critic
Charlie Tuna
Mary B
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
flowers
Gerri
cmgm1126
misseddie
Cruising Rays
Admin
frudutx
cruisenfever
Murphy
jillybabes
JJ2sail
bjjost
atbcat
NDJollyMon
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:19 am

oesnjstar wrote:
mary - here is a link http://cruiseadventure4u.com/index.php?p=1_5_Menus of the menus from my trip. a couple of the nights we ate in the windjammer because the menu just seemed the same as the night before. and the nights we chose the windjammer they had stirfy and pasta stations. sometimes the wait time could be 15 minutes on the line because they can only do 2 or 3 people at a time but it was worth it. even our waiter said he understood on those nights. i think portofinos is excellent. although i ran into a petite woman in the elevator on her way down there to portofinos and when i was up in the windjammer she came in for dinner. i said what happened. she said the portions were so small. well i ate there a night or two later and she is out of her mind. none of us could finish what was in front of us. i hope when they do the refurbish they add another speciality restaurant like chops. that would be nice. so personally, the menus got a 'B-' rating.

I'd love to see Chops either added to Explorer or have a ship with Chops already on-board come to Bayonne.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 am

rex - i'm with you on that one. portofino has fine food but i would love a steakhouse. if you have ever gone on princess they have sterlings steakhouse and sabatini's italian. sabatini's was a 2-1/2 hour dining experience. 17 courses of amuse-bouche and an entree and dessert. and the steaks in sterlings were great. i prefer RCL so i'm hoping for a chops when they refurbish
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:52 pm

I love Chops too.

Regarding the comment about Carnival, yes, they do give you a "free" upgrade, but it is the same cabin simply higher on the ship. I find Royal's loyalty program to be the best in the business...but not until you are platinum.

Once you've sailed 5 times, you automatically get $100 off any 7-day balcony or $200 off 9+ days. Once you've sailed 10 times, it goes up to $200 and $300 OFF the price. Not a false upgrade. Just a better price. Plus they give very strong coupons (the higher your level, the bigger the coupon). And you can use all of them at the same time. So you really can get a great price for a great room. Typically it is the same price ultimately for a balcony as a high level inside/low level oceanview. So THAT makes it worthwhile.

Plus the newer ships have the lounge onboard for Diamond members where you get FREE, yes FREE alcohol. Now THAT is a bargain! Carnival does not do that.

The caveat I give you, though, is that you have to do more than 1 cruise to get the very good benefits.

Those are my thoughts...and after sailing on many different lines, it is a lot of the reason I've become very loyal to Royal. Even people who love Celebrity (same company) sometimes switch to Royal because Celebrity doesn't offer nearly the benefits to past passengers as Royal.

Anyone else agree??? sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:59 pm

I have a definite preference for balcony cabins but the first 12 cruises I went on were all inside. No port hole... no window... I can remember waking up, thinking it was the middle of the night but when I looked at the clock it was 11:00 am!!! You can really get some sleep in those dark cabins!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm

for someone like me who has to take 3 sleeping pills because there is so much running around between my two ears i love having a nice dark room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:13 pm

P.S. - WHERE THE HECK IS NICK? CAN HE STILL HAVE THE FLU? GET BETTER NICK AND LEANNA AND GET BACK HERE.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:23 pm

We love balcony cabins too. I find I use it most while in port. They sometimes get very windy...or the weather cool on early winter sea days. I love to sit out there at night, and listen to the sea, and watch the stars. Bliss.

For the premium the cruise line charges in comparison to an inside cabin....it' s usually pretty steep for the added space. It really does enhance our cruise experience...so we usually bite the bullet and book one.

I'd be a lot better off if I just booked a balcony...and didn't look at the inside prices! Laughing

We tend to book cruises that are longer than a week. It just makes better sense...since we don't usually get to cruise that often...and there's always a long flight involved. Longer is better...in my book.

Princess' club, The Capt. Circle is nice...because each level has a number of cruises, or number of cruise days to the next level. In some clubs, you can go on a two day cruise and get the same credit as someone booking a 15 day cruise. That sux. At least...that's the way it used to be.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
We love balcony cabins too. I find I use it most while in port. They sometimes get very windy...or the weather cool on early winter sea days. I love to sit out there at night, and listen to the sea, and watch the stars. Bliss.

For the premium the cruise line charges in comparison to an inside cabin....it' s usually pretty steep for the added space. It really does enhance our cruise experience...so we usually bite the bullet and book one.

I'd be a lot better off if I just booked a balcony...and didn't look at the inside prices! Laughing

We tend to book cruises that are longer than a week. It just makes better sense...since we don't usually get to cruise that often...and there's always a long flight involved. Longer is better...in my book.

Hey Pete,

Check your e-mail ASAP and get back to me. Thanks.

Princess' club, The Capt. Circle is nice...because each level has a number of cruises, or number of cruise days to the next level. In some clubs, you can go on a two day cruise and get the same credit as someone booking a 15 day cruise. That sux. At least...that's the way it used to be.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 pm

go for the balcony... its worth the extra bucks.

I had an inside on my first cruise and thought I was going to die.

when I went to europe we booked a balcony and it was worth every dime.

the sight to see when you go into Venice from your balcony is priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm

dream2cruise wrote:
go for the balcony... its worth the extra bucks.

I had an inside on my first cruise and thought I was going to die.

when I went to europe we booked a balcony and it was worth every dime.

the sight to see when you go into Venice from your balcony is priceless.

I'm still waiting for my man-room...... Wink
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 pm

I am still waiting for the RIGHT answers
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 am

dream2cruise wrote:
I am still waiting for the RIGHT answers

What was the question??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:03 am

A balcony verses and inside cabin and "is a suite worth it" type questions are very subjective. It' s like the question, is early or late seating better. Everyone's life styles, financial situations and reasons for cruising is different so there is no one right answer.

Yes, you can have a great time on a cruise in the least expensive cabin, but I personally enjoy the sitting areas, views and FRESH air a balcony cabin offers. My personal opinion is to get the best cabin you can afford and you will enjoy it because it's in your budget!

Regarding Chops, yes, I like it, probably better than Portofino's but I doubt it will be added during the dry dock. Most of the dry dock activities tend to be major updates like new furniture and carpeting, unless they are doing a major overhaul, like the "stretch" of the Enchantment. But I hope I'm wrong and they do add a second specialty restaurant!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Well deployments start in March so hopefully we will have better knowledge if we're keeping Explorer or getting a new ship in Bayonne. Feels like the wait has been forever but, it's going to be a great cruise.

What makes me laugh is you have no idea how many times I tried to get approved for a group over on the other board for the holidays. Always got shot down. And, here we're around 70 or 80 people already...

Dumb question for anyone who has sailed out of Bayonne in the winter - like Pat Wink

Will the lifeboat drill be held outside? :coldout:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Don't feel bad Vinnie, I got shot down over there more than once myself. At least you finally got your group on here!!

santa
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Well that is Cruise Freeks. All about the people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Not only that...but this group will be one of the MOST FUN of the group cruises...
Strength in numbers!

Now, can I get a "hell yea!" cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:15 pm

"Will the lifeboat drill be held outside?" :coldout:

I would love to know the answer to this...
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I hope so. I'll be wearing shorts and flip-flops. NYC winter-weather is tropical to me...
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:20 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Not only that...but this group will be one of the MOST FUN of the group cruises...
Strength in numbers!

Now, can I get a "hell yea!" cheers

hell yea! Cheers
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Hell yeah! Cool
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 pm

That's the spirit! I'm getting antsy here....
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Antsy? You've got a really long time to wait, so not getting antsy yet. You can wait until Oct. 2010 to get antsy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi guys, I might actually be coming with you on this one!!!! I'll know better in a few weeks!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Ajani wrote:
Hi guys, I might actually be coming with you on this one!!!! I'll know better in a few weeks!

WooHoo Hope you do John!! Who better to have join us than our number one blogger!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas on EOS
Page 28 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next