Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LIVE from QM2

Go down 
+12
Former Cruise Critic
Lisa D
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Travel Geek
Boca Brats
Dee
Scorpio Gal
BB
Chadds Ford Traveler
Andy The Sailor Man
Connie S
AmbianceTraveler
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello Fellow Cruise Freeks!

It's Marina and I'm reporting to you live from the beautiful Queen Mary 2, we are currently at sea on our way to our first port of call Tortola. It's sunny out but, not really warm enough to spend time outside yet but, warming up nicely as we continue our journey south. The seas are calm and so far it's been picture perfect sailing.

Last night, I had the chance to meet some old friends and make new friends when we all met in the Commodore Club for sailaway drinks! Included in our on-board group:

- Christina (FormerlySanFranBayCruiser)
- Regina (Scorpione)
- Marianne (Loves 2 Cruise)
- Andy (Andy the Sailor Man)
- Myself, Marina (Curvy Gal Cruises)
- Tina (our Administrator and Owner of Cruise Freek Forums)

What a pleasure it has been meeting the new faces and renewing old friendships with others! We were all thrilled when Tina made the announcement that Host Nina posted on the Cunard board yesterday that it looks like Cunard will return to NYC in 2009 for the holidays. Armed with this information (or at least speculation) Tina went on a quest for further information and, while asked not to make anything "official" yet, she did also receive another unoffical nod that yes, Queen Mary 2 will be sailing from New York for Christmas and New Years in 2009!!

For those who have yet to meet our board Administrator in person, you are in for a delightful treat. Tina is as down to earth and natural in person as she is in her emails to all of us. The most striking thing about Tina is her age is very deceiving and while she had to prove to us that she really is 41 years old, she appears to be only in her early thirties. Her sense of humor came through when she joked with us that she suffers from "Dick Clark Syndrome"!!

Tina also learned that apparently QV has had a few blips on their maiden voyage. With complaints of cold food, toilets that wouldn't flush, and a variety of other complaints. However, for those who remember QM2's maiden voyage, many complaints were also made and, we all agreed it's just a matter of shaking the bugs out of the system but, I did want to pass that information along to all of you.

As for the Queen Mary 2, she is in wonderful shape and, I'm thrilled to see she's as nearly as spotless today as she was a few years ago when I first boarded her. I'm in a Queen's Grill suite and, service has been absolutely wonderful. Food has been excellent. The ship is beautifully decorated for the holidays and I'll try to get some photos up here. And, the passenger mix - my guess is about 70% American, 25% British, and the remaining 5% from other countries. Not many children onboard, I can say I've only seen 6 or 7 children and, a handful of young adults (maybe about 20 to 30 high school and college students) aboard.

So thats about it for now, but, I wanted to check in and let you know what's happening so far.

If you care to join us virtually, just follow the Kroooz-Cams link below:
http://www.kroooz-cams.com/cunardindex.html (be sure to click on Queen Mary 2)

santa Marina
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks for posting Marina! It sounds like you are all having a wonderful time Smile I look forward to more updates!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Connie S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-25

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:31 pm

Thanks for the update Marina - I hope to be aboard for 2009!!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Well Marina beat me to the report lol! I'll just reiterate and say how great it was to meet up with old friends and also meeting new ones. Tina is indeed very done to earth and I don't think my wife will mind when I say she's also a very good looking woman Wink . Sjoerd is a lucky guy!

Maybe I can beat Marina to the punch and get some photos up before her!!

My review at a glance:

Embarkation - Fairly smooth, about a 20 minute wait for us

Cabin - Very well kept, our cabin attendent is excellent

Food - Very good. Ate in Britannia Restaurant last night, excellent. This morning at King's Court Buffet...very good selection.

Entertainment
- Very good welcome aboard show

So thumbs up formalnight Will report again later or tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Chadds Ford Traveler
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-10

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 pm

Great reports guys! Have fun!
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Tree by the Planetarium   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 pm

LIVE from QM2 Planet13
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Lobby Christmas Tree   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:53 pm

LIVE from QM2 Lobbyx11
Back to top Go down
BB
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BB

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-25

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:16 pm

Great photos Marina!! Keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Scorpio Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Scorpio Gal

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-14

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:00 pm

More photos please!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://grandprincessholidaycruise2008.blogspot.com/
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 12:05 pm

Greetings from warm and sunny Tortola. We're having a wonderful time! Photos are coming! In the meantime, follow us via Kroooz-cam!!

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/cunardindex.html
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:19 pm

Really enjoying your reports and photos and, we're giving serious thought to joining all of you in 2009!!!
Back to top Go down
Travel Geek
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Travel Geek

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-16

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Hope you guys are having a great time! Would love to see more photos to help us decide for 2009!!
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: December 23 2007 - Tortola   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Greetings from Tortola!!

Well today was our first port of call, the beautiful British Virgin Island of Tortola. We are tendering today.

I went on a "Swim with the Dolphins" tour and, this is the first time I've done anything like this - I've always been a little afraid that my weight would somehow hold me back but, I'm threw caution to the wind, figuring the worst thing that would happen is that they wouldn't allow me to "ride" one of the dolphins.

Well, what an expereince!! These animals are absolutely amazing and, I am SO VERY GLAD I HAD THE EXPERIENCE. If you're overweight and have been putting off the experience like I did, DON'T!! Go right ahead! The dolphins are strong and can take just about anyone!!

The weather today is partly cloudy and the temperature is 84 degrees. Sorry to everyone who has been hit by the snow!! :coldout:
So far the only negative I have to report on the cruise is that my Mom was catching cold :cold: on Thursday and, she has it full blown right now and decided to stay in the cabin and rest today. We had reservations for Todd English for tonight but, since Mom's under the weather, we bumped it back a few days and we'll be dining there on Thursday evening.

I have lots of photos to upload - please be patient!!!
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Tortola   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:42 pm

LIVE from QM2 Tortol10
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Queen's Ball Room "Dressed" for Christmas   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:45 pm

href="https://servimg.com/view/11814237/4" target="_blank" >LIVE from QM2 Xmas1210
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Swim with Dolphins   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:48 pm

LIVE from QM2 Dolphi10
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:48 pm

More to come! Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:20 pm

Would love to see some "real" cabin photos, not those staged for brochures!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! I'll have earned two weeks vacation at Xmas by 2009 and we're leaning towards booking QM2.

Tell me, would you say it's "stiff"?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:41 am

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to post them Marina. Sounds like you are having a great time, (Other than your poor mum, hope she starts feeling better quickly!) One of these days I am going to take my daughters for the Dolphin swim (they are a little young yet now) I think they would love it! So glad you just went and did it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 6:59 pm

Merry Christmas Eve from the always beautiful St. Martin!! Continuing my vow to try different things this cruise, I booked my first ever non-cruise line tour with www.shoretrips.com and the second part of that statement is that I booked a horseback ride along the beach. I'm a NYC girl, I've never been on a horse in my life!! I don't know who was more scared me or my horse!! LOL

Well, first off, getting my rather large rump on the horse was a laugh riot all in itself but, Leon, our guide was patient and had me laughing so hard that I don't think I'll ever forget this day. I was given a gentle horse who seemed to have "seen it all" and wasn't phased one bit by my lack of experience. After some really basic instructions, we were off and the trail ride was both enjoyable and beautiful. Oh I should note this is on the French side. As a side note, I noticed there was a weight restriction on this excursion and was nervous they might deny me riding privileges but, they didn't blink an eye, and, put me on a horse.

I only have the highest recommendations for the horseback riding and www.shoretours.com and, I am living proof that even the biggest chicken in the world, not to mention a rather overweight one - can overcome fears that we've built up in our own minds.

Photos to come!

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!! santa
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Christmas in St. Martin   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:21 pm

LIVE from QM2 Stmart11
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: The View from on top of the Horse I rode in St. Martin   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:22 pm

LIVE from QM2 Horseb10
Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Queen's Grill - Category Q5   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:31 pm

LIVE from QM2 Qm2q510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LIVE from QM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE from QM2   LIVE from QM2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIVE from QM2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next