Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas on EOS

Go down 
+36
Exairgoddess1
lordoftime
bratni
Ajani
Kenny
spruce120
Leanna N
Greta
ndmomof4
Big Red Robyn
Tommy Bahamas
vlscruiser
NDDad
cruiseforme
Down The Shore Guy
Kim T
dream2cruise
Former Cruise Critic
Charlie Tuna
Mary B
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
flowers
Gerri
cmgm1126
misseddie
Cruising Rays
Admin
frudutx
cruisenfever
Murphy
jillybabes
JJ2sail
bjjost
atbcat
NDJollyMon
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:51 am

Good Morning All: Just doing a check in before we leave tomorrow...We board the Grand Princess on Friday and will be back on the 13th of March..
Take care all and try not to chat too much!!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Bon Voyage Jill!
Say hi to Captain Stubing for me! :-)

Ron...just start licking the doorknobs and remote controls. Maybe the fridge handle?
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

bon voyage jill - have a great time.
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Bye Jill! Have a great time...and again, I'm jealous of you! You are the cruising woman! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks for all the Bon Voyages...

Marilyn I will check with you upon our return...
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 am

Have a great time Jill Drinks
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: NYC Cruise   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Ok, everyone---I have a question...not sure if this is the proper thread, but it does have to do with the 2010 Mystery Christmas Cruise. We have cruised on RCI before, and are members of the Crown & Anchor Society. We won this cruise, but have inside, bottom level. We'd like to upgrade, but were wondering if because we ARE members of the Crown & Anchor Society, we'll get bumped up automatically. Is this usually the case? TimeToFeedTheCat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm

i'm only a platinum member and haven't got a bump up yet. maybe if you're diamond or book a balcony you might get a balcony upgrade but i have never gotten a bump from interior to anything better. wishing you better luck than i've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

spruce120 wrote:
Ok, everyone---I have a question...not sure if this is the proper thread, but it does have to do with the 2010 Mystery Christmas Cruise. We have cruised on RCI before, and are members of the Crown & Anchor Society. We won this cruise, but have inside, bottom level. We'd like to upgrade, but were wondering if because we ARE members of the Crown & Anchor Society, we'll get bumped up automatically. Is this usually the case? TimeToFeedTheCat

Since this is a holiday sailing, I wouldn't count on it. Holiday sailings are usually sold out to capacity a few months in advance. Howerver, you never know! Just don't plan on it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:05 pm

i did the holiday sailing last year. i don't think there was an empty cabin.
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Typically if you are a DIAMOND, then you will see an upgrade (if available) only within the same category (so if you have a guaranteed oceanview((which it has to be booked as a guarantee, by the way)), then you could see an upgrade to a superior oceanview.

But as everyone has mentioned, on a holiday sailing, your odds are absolutely against you, and you would be far better to simply book the cabin that you WANT (especially since this is a 14 day sailing, and if you want an oceanview or above, then that is a long trip to be stuck in an inside).

Those are my thoughts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm

i agree marilyn. if you want a certain cabin, fill out your form now for marilyn because the explorer is a nice ship and it will fill up for the holiday sailing. it is showing little signs of wear but it should be refurbished this coming january so it should be really nice again. staff was great when we were on this month. cruise director dave is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Marilyn, you should have a link up for the pre-booking form or have Tina do it for you.
Back to top Go down
Mary B
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Mary B

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey Pat, how would you rate the food on Explorer? This has always been a pet peeve of mine - Royal Caribbean has such a terrific product but, I find the dining lacking compared to Princess or even Carnival believe it or not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Cruise Virgin Vinnie wrote:
Marilyn, you should have a link up for the pre-booking form or have Tina do it for you.

Vinnie - Tina already has it up:

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/2010-pre-booking-forms-for-christmas-new-years-from-nj-t2148.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Speaking of which - Marilyn did I send mine in yet? scratch Can I claim BlondeMoment or does that only work when the ladies use that excuse? Wink
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Cruise Virgin Vinnie wrote:

Vinnie - Tina already has it up:

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/2010-pre-booking-forms-for-christmas-new-years-from-nj-t2148.htm

Embarassed Sorry Patrick, I don't know how I missed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm

mary - here is a link http://cruiseadventure4u.com/index.php?p=1_5_Menus of the menus from my trip. a couple of the nights we ate in the windjammer because the menu just seemed the same as the night before. and the nights we chose the windjammer they had stirfy and pasta stations. sometimes the wait time could be 15 minutes on the line because they can only do 2 or 3 people at a time but it was worth it. even our waiter said he understood on those nights. i think portofinos is excellent. although i ran into a petite woman in the elevator on her way down there to portofinos and when i was up in the windjammer she came in for dinner. i said what happened. she said the portions were so small. well i ate there a night or two later and she is out of her mind. none of us could finish what was in front of us. i hope when they do the refurbish they add another speciality restaurant like chops. that would be nice. so personally, the menus got a 'B-' rating.
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:28 pm

No, Patrick. I don't see your name on the list yet! So GET ON IT! santa Or was it "get out there." I guess that is dead now, though.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:37 pm

well, you are right. I went on a holiday cruise back in 2006 and it was sold out!!!! also the european cruise that I went on with RCCL was sold out.

I always get either a balcony or JR suite. I agree, I am a Platinum member and I have never gotten an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 am

oesnjstar wrote:
kim - what part of n.c. do you live in? i have a lot in calabash and up until about 3 years ago always went to n. myrtle for a few weeks in october.

Pat...

We live in Jacksonville NC which we are proud to say is home to Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base. Jacksonville is about 1 hour north of Wilmington, NC. We are about 1/2 hour drive from the beach. It is a wonderful place to live.

Kim Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 am

well kim speaking of the military i just got a good email from our adopted soldier. i just woke up so i'm going to forward it to my work email and i'm going to post what i can when i get to work on the board. i didn't get a good response when asking for people to help with this campaign but when you see the email of this nice 20 year old kid in iraq maybe some will want to help.
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Upgrade   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. That's weird that they don't upgrade you. I know that Carnival has upgraded us twice for being "loyal" to their fleet. We got bumped up two levels. Oh well, wish I knew what the price difference is going to be between an inside room and an oceanview. You guys have had so much more experience than me (I've cruised 3 times). Twice we had inside rooms, and once a balcony. The balcony was awesome! BUT, you definitely notice more of the ship's movements. Are you all going to try getting balconies and/or at least oceanview? I need to fill out the pre-lim form, too! Best do that today! Shocked
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Xmas 2010   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:39 am

Oops! I asked this on another thread...but will ask again. Do we know for sure that the ship is the EOS??? When was this info released?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 am

i am extremely happy in a midship interior. you may not know what time of day it is but if you want to sleep, it's nice and dark. love it. i've had balconies, suites and oceanview but to be honest, i have the same experience for a more affordable price interior
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas on EOS   Christmas on EOS - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas on EOS
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next