Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney early June

Go down 
+3
Greta
dream2cruise
Cruiseram
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm

We are looking to go to Disney in early June (first time). Even though it is high season do they offer any thing like dining plans, etc. or any other specials?
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:21 pm

are you talking Disney World, or Disneyland?

WDW does have dining plan options, but they require that you stay on property and purchase the hotel and tickets as a package.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Sorry, it is Disney World.
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:38 pm

WDW does have good dining options....
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:22 pm

We want to stay at one of the WDW hotels and purchase park tickets as part of the package. So you would recommend the dining package also?
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Yes, the dining plans usually work out to be a good deal - of course depending on what restaurants you eat in, and what you order. Wink Personally we like the Le Cellier steakhouse in Epcot, Rose & Crown, etc. so the dining plan is a good deal for us.
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Disney has a buy 4 days get 3 free going on right now. It's good for some June dates too.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=FY09Q2ValueOfferPage&int_CMP=WDWHomeLeftPromoToQ2FY09ValueOffer

This will be the first year in about 5 straight that we haven't been to Disney. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks for the link. I did not realize the promotion went into June. Any recommendations for hotels?
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Cruiseram wrote:
Thanks for the link. I did not realize the promotion went into June. Any recommendations for hotels?

Are kids going with you?

I like Disney Wilderness Lodge
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=WildernessLodgeResortLandingPage

I like being on the same waterway as Magic Kingdom. The other hotels you can get to MK by boat are Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian.

It just depends if you want a Deluxe, Moderate or Value resort. I like the convenience of the Deluxe resorts.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 pm

I worked for Disney for a few years and my personal favorite is grand floridian. the character breakfast are good too if you have kids. June is a very good month to go, not too humid yet. I would never go in july or august, too crowded and humid. I would see those for kids cry and all red.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 pm

also, the disney cruises are fantastic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 am

We will be traveling to WDW with our son who is 5. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian one day but this time we are looking at probably booking a moderate resort.
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:49 am

asanchez1961 wrote:
also, the disney cruises are fantastic!!!!!

Our first 3 family cruises were on DCL......
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Cruiseram wrote:
We will be traveling to WDW with our son who is 5. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian one day but this time we are looking at probably booking a moderate resort.

I know many like Port Orleans...but I think I would like Caribbean Beach better if I had to choose a moderate resort. Is your 5 year old into pirates at all? They are suppose to have added in pirate themed rooms this month....
http://www.mousesavers.com/caribbeanbeachpirate.html

Looks like it might be pretty cool for a 5 year old. Very Happy

And I totally agree wirth asanchez about July/August...wayyy too hot to really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:17 pm

I booked WDW in June WooHoo . Got the buy 4 get 3 free (Thanks Michele). Does anyone have some recommendations for Restaurants or any other tips they would like to share.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 pm

I love chef mickey's for breakfast with the characters....my kids loved it
Back to top Go down

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Cruiseram,

Our favorite restaurants are:
Whispering Canyon cafe (make sure to ask your server for some ketchup Wink
50's Primetime Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown Pub
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:27 pm

My kids also like Chef Mickey. We love Disney and we usually just stay at the Value Resorts. (Stayed in 3 different ones.) We stay in the Value resorts as we like spending our money elsewhere since it really is just a place for us to sleep. I would love to stay in one of the other resorts but I look at the price and think.....I could buy another piece of Disney art work instead.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 pm

I thought Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que sounds like something my son would enjoy. Has anyone ever done the B-B-Q or the Spirit of Aloha dinner show? How were they?
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Cruiseram wrote:
I booked WDW in June WooHoo . Got the buy 4 get 3 free (Thanks Michele). Does anyone have some recommendations for Restaurants or any other tips they would like to share.
Very Happy

Are you on the basic dining plan or deluxe? Some of our favorites that accept the dining plan are:

Epcot: Le Cellier (Canada) and Teppan Edo (Japan- teppanaki style)

Hollywood Studios: Sci-Fi Drive-In (food ok- atmosphere fun) and Hollywood Brown Derby (2 credits though)

Animal Kindgom: Tusker House character breakfast and Yak & Yeti

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Raglan Road

Resorts: Polynesian- Kona (B,L or D) and Ohana character breakfast
Comtemporary- Chef Mickey's for character breakfast and California Grill (2 credits)
Wilderness Lodge- Whispering Canyon Cafe
Animal Kingdon Lodge- Boma buffet
Yacht Club- Yachtman's Steakhouse (2 credits)
Boardwalk- Flying Fish (2 credits)
Coronado Springs- Maya Grill

Have a great trip!!!!
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:07 pm

I had clients do the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. They were not that impressed. They have 2 daughters under 7. I personally haven't done it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Greta wrote:
I had clients do the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. They were not that impressed. They have 2 daughters under 7. I personally haven't done it.

IMO, Hoop Dee Doo show is much better than Spirit of Aloha. HDD is lots of fun and the food is ok, too.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:20 pm

If you want a moderate resort, Port Orleans French Quarter has a lot fo good reviews. If you can stretch a bit, the COntemporary (cheapest of the Deluxe resorts) is an awesome location for touring the Magic Kingdom.

Make sure you reserve breakfast of lunch at Cindy's Castle. It is not to be missed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Our favorite character meals - all of these must be booked in advance.

Magic Kingdom - Cinderella's Castle for BREAKFAST. It's delish. And Cinderella is there. Must book 180 days in advance, with little exception.

Contemporary - Chef Mickey Dinner (it's a buffet though so if you don't like those you won't like this)

Fantasmic VIP Package - combined with Mama Melrose Italian Restaurant - DIsney Studios. For the price of the "package" you get VIP seating for the Fantasmic show

Lilo/Stich Ohana Breakfast - Polynesian.

Ones that I could have left behind - Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon (we stay at Wilderness Lodge, but don't like to eat there). I am not a fan of the skillet BBQ meal. But many are.
Primetime 50's Cafe - buffet, nothing to write home about
Rainforest Cafe - Overpriced as always. I like the surroundings, not the food.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are a 100 days out, so I will be calling in 10 days for our ADR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney early June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney early June
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next