Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oasis bookings open up early for DP??

Go down 
+2
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Diamond Dave
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Empty
PostSubject: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:42 am

Not sure if this has already been mentioned,but I just read this over on THE OTHER cruise board affraid

Anyway:

Published on: June 27, 2008
Royal Caribbean International's Vicki Freed shared more details on the 220,000-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas, due out in December 2009. Freed, senior vice president-sales and trade support & services, held a conference call with more than 300 travel agents Thursday afternoon. In providing an outline of the new ship and responding to questions, Freed revealed that the sales will open on Sept. 3, although there will be advance booking available to Diamond-plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society.

Anyone else hear this????
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:51 am

I've heard/read this too - haven't received any notices yet though... Maybe Susan or Tina will clarify this once they see this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:30 am

saw that also - but no one at RCCL has officially told me that though.

If this is the case....

DP+ members will be able to book direct with RCCL then transfer their reservation into our group space (keeping the price they booked, but still get our group amenities).

Also this probably means loft suites will be sold out or harder to come by once the public can book on Sept 3, 2008.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:39 am

I'm DP,so not worried about and I have a feeling I wont be getting one of those lofts.........bet they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Does that mean travel agents will be able to get our group space earlier too?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Tuna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Charlie Tuna

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Let's hope so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:58 pm

AlwaysReadyToCruise wrote:
Does that mean travel agents will be able to get our group space earlier too?

We are hoping so .. the Dist Sales Manager is still waiting for Revenue Mgmt to answer him on this one. Wink I think that we'll have more sway with RCCL if I can show proof of people ready to book (i.e. in having received pre-booking forms filled out).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Okay, so the answer appears to be no group space for the inaugural.

But, we have already put a booking system in place.

We will be able to do the early bookings for C&A members (or then can do it themselves and then transfer it to us after the fact), and we'll handle the general public bookings on Sept 3rd as well.

To ensure your spot on our list, we'll need to receive your pre-booking forms no later than August 1st .... also if you are a C&A member, I'll need your C&A number and what level of membership you are at. I'll automatically book those when the C&A bookings open up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Also I'm currently modifying the booking form to include the known categories on Oasis and also a place to include your C&A information. For those who are new to Royal Caribbean, C&A is Crown and Anchor this is the number you'll receive after your first cruise - it's your past guest number.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Okay, so the answer appears to be no group space for the inaugural.

But, we have already put a booking system in place.

We will be able to do the early bookings for C&A members (or then can do it themselves and then transfer it to us after the fact), and we'll handle the general public bookings on Sept 3rd as well.

To ensure your spot on our list, we'll need to receive your pre-booking forms no later than August 1st .... also if you are a C&A member, I'll need your C&A number and what level of membership you are at. I'll automatically book those when the C&A bookings open up.

I'm curious, what type of "system" is in place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Henry,

We don't want to divulge too much Wink if you catch my drift.
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Henry,

We don't want to divulge too much Wink if you catch my drift.

Kind of thought that's what you had up your sleeve Wink So I'll just say you get to move to the head of the class instead of receiving the other things teachers give out -if you catch my drift Very Happy . Well done!
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Sophisticated Cat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:05 pm

For those of us who don't understand the inside jargon, are you trying to say even if we have no status as past cruiser on Royal Caribbean, we have a good, maybe even a great chance of getting a cabin. Provided 1) we book with you and 2) we send in the booking form by August 1st.

Is this correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:48 pm

The Sophisticated Cat wrote:
For those of us who don't understand the inside jargon, are you trying to say even if we have no status as past cruiser on Royal Caribbean, we have a good, maybe even a great chance of getting a cabin. Provided 1) we book with you and 2) we send in the booking form by August 1st.

Is this correct?
Of course I cannot make any guarantees ... but I will say that the more pre-booking forms that we have before August 1st, the better shape we'll be in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oasis bookings open up early for DP??   Oasis bookings open up early for DP?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oasis bookings open up early for DP??
Page 1 of 1