Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Disney early June

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Disney early June - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Keep in mind that character BREAKFASTS waste valuable park time. You could be riding the rides with much smaller lines and picking up good Fastpasses instead! We've never liked the breakfasts for that reason. Now the lunches... we are all over those!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 pm

I have found that doing the "big" rides, such as Splash Mountain, late at night right before the park closes means the smallest lines. I have also heard that the American Idol Experience at MGM is hilarious. Have a great trip!

Candy Cain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 pm

HelenB wrote:
Keep in mind that character BREAKFASTS waste valuable park time. You could be riding the rides with much smaller lines and picking up good Fastpasses instead! We've never liked the breakfasts for that reason. Now the lunches... we are all over those!!

Actually, not the case with us. Since we book breakfasts before the park opens. We have to show our confirmations to get into the park. So while everyone else is lining up at the front gate, we are already deep inside the park. Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I think it all depends on when you go to Disney. IMO, I think character breakfasts can save you time if your kids are into meeting the characters and getting a autographs. You get much more character interaction, not to mention get photo ops, at the character meals. When we were at Disney last week, the lines in the parks to meet characters were crazy long. Obviously, lines would not be as bad during non-peak times. If you can get the first (or one of the first) breakfast ADRs, it shouldn't take much away from your park time (just pick park without early entry morning for resort guests). They are good about getting you in and out of breakfasts fairly quickly. In our experience, lunches took more time away from the parks because the we were rarely seated at the time of our ADR (our average waits were 15-30 minutes and a few times longer) and the lunches themself took longer than breakfast.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 am

I agree the lunches can take longer, but that is when the park is crowded and you are needing a rest from your early morning anyhow. We use that long sit down lunch as our 'break' instead of heading back to the hotel.

If you really want character interaction without the headaches, then you should do the Disney Cruise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:04 pm

HelenB wrote:
If you really want character interaction without the headaches, then you should do the Disney Cruise.

Those character lines on the Disney ships are sick long. Sad

It got to a point where the kids saw the character and just said "Forget it, we don't need to meet them" affraid

I am always relieved that we have all of the character signatures from the character meals before we get onboard the ship. So then we can just walk past the lines in the atrium. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Those character lines on the Disney ships are sick long. Sad

Really? We had no trouble meeting the characters onboard. scratch Half the time they were hanging out with no one to talk to in front of the dining room as we went to dinner. We met them all on Castaway Cay, again with no line.

Occasionally they'd have the big draw characters, but if you arrived 15 minutes before they were scheduled to be there you were fine. We did this for Aladdin, Peter Pan and Jack Sparrow. The only line I saw that was truly long was the Princesses line, but then that's one you expect to be long.

They also regularly have characters in the kids' clubs (storytime with Belle, dancing with Snow White, pirate time with Peter Pan and Captain Hook) and there are also the character meals/tea with Alice and Mad Hatter. Then there were the characters that walked around the audience in the theater before shows began, just saying hi to kids. We're not *that* big on the characters, but had *plenty* of opportunity to see them. We just ran into them when we weren't even paying attention!

Maybe you were on a Disney cruise with character maniacs who never left them alone? I mean, how many times can you meet Mickey and Minnie? Once you've met them three times in a day, it's not so exciting anymore. Toward the end of the cruise, the character lines were definitely non-existent! I even noticed this on our 4 day cruise, but this is especially true on a 7 day.

Funny thing is, when we got to the parks we were so glad we had met the characters onboard, so we didn't have to waste valuable ride time meeting them again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:15 pm

HelenB wrote:
Funny thing is, when we got to the parks we were so glad we had met the characters onboard, so we didn't have to waste valuable ride time meeting them again! Very Happy

Yes that is a good thing. That is why we enjoy the character meals so much- rather be in line for the rides instead of in line to meet characters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

chrystine wrote:
Yes that is a good thing. That is why we enjoy the character meals so much- rather be in line for the rides instead of in line to meet characters Very Happy

You sound like my kind of Disney traveler, Chrystine! Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh yes, we went on Space Mountain 4 times in one day last week lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 pm

I agree with all of your suggestions for dining. The one character breakfast that we loved was the Akarshus (sp??) princess breakfast at Norway in Epcot. All of the princesses were there and the breakfast was yummy. We did the Cinderella dinner at the Grand Floridian right after Bibbiddi Bobbitti Boutique ... that was great as well, but not as nice as the princess breakfast.

We stayed at Port Orleans and loved it ... a great moderate resort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:01 pm

HelenB wrote:
Occasionally they'd have the big draw characters, but if you arrived 15 minutes before they were scheduled to be there you were fine. We did this for Aladdin, Peter Pan and Jack Sparrow. The only line I saw that was truly long was the Princesses line, but then that's one you expect to be long.

I don't arrive 15 minutes early for anything. Laughing And the Princesses are the important ones to Princess obsessed girls like mine. So that's why the character meals take care of that for us, the Princesses come to us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:00 am

Aukershus is probably the BEST for Princesses! We did the Castle once... totally NOT worth the money... but you must do it at least once, lol...

We like Crystal Palace too... oh and Chef Mickeys...although it wasn't as good last time...but still good nonetheless...

LOL.... we are having Disney withdrawal in our house... we go every year, last time we went was last August... and we don't have a WDW trip planned for this summer yet... sooooo much goin on... wahhhhh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney early June   Disney early June - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney early June
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Non-Cruising Topics :: Other-
Jump to: