Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Congrats Patti and Jill! Yes, that's a 5 year old me on the left in the white dress... how did you know?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Jul...thanks for posting the release...cute Avatar too!

Got our E2 changed to a D1 with a "residency disc." and still get $20 back! (on the Febb 22 Inaugural of the Mariner out of LA.
I know y'all are used to the big cabins, but we thought it was great just to go into a balcony next year (the E2) and now to have a larger cabin to boot! We are thrilled.

Off on the Vision tomorrow...talk to y'all when we get back!

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Bon Voyage, Mar! I hope you have a wonderful trip - say goodbye to the old gal for me!

Jen, not an idiot, just overcommitted, LOL!

It's a glorious sunny day today, will probably get to be about 70. Embarassed We have a dance lesson and then I'm going to take the younger dog for another long walk. She loves it so, and it's great for me, too. Then I'm going to try to find my Christmas card collection. I know it's around here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I am taking a little break, don't want my foot to get to sore.

Bon Voyage Mar!

Susan, I have two sisters also. I am the youngest.

Sheila, glad you got your fireplace you will love it. We really enjoy ours. Btw, we had to call a plumber to put in the gas line. I guess a pipe is a pipe!

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Murphy wrote:
Congrats Patti and Jill! Yes, that's a 5 year old me on the left in the white dress... how did you know?? lol!
How did I know.............it's that angelic pose!

OK......now what cruise did Jill and I win?? WooHoo Cheers WooHoo
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:30 pm

[quote="cruisenfever"]
Murphy wrote:

Well, although I would LOVE to be able to take you both with in the River Cruise, the best I can do is a NO EXPENSE paid cruise thru my neighborhood. If you pay to get to my house, I'll cruise us all in my car thru my neighborhood to see all the Christmas lights! santa
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:10 pm

[quote="Murphy"]
cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:

Well, although I would LOVE to be able to take you both with in the River Cruise, the best I can do is a NO EXPENSE paid cruise thru my neighborhood. If you pay to get to my house, I'll cruise us all in my car thru my neighborhood to see all the Christmas lights! santa

Sounds like a fun trip!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm

[quote="Murphy"]
cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:

roflmao I was actually thinking of a much "warmer" location! I don't think that Jill is going to want to leave the warmth of her state to come north to the cold of our two states! :coldout: What do you think Jill??
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:10 pm

It might be a nice change and I would get to visit with y'all!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Besides, Patti, it really DOES feel like Christmas here! Very pretty, snowy and white!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Afternoon all! Can't remember when I posted last. Got all of my gifts wrapped. Baked some more cookies yesterday, will probably make fudge tomorrow. Ran a bunch of errands this morning since I had to stay home the last two days to babysit the furnance guys. But, now the two furnances are throwing heat like crazy and will be good until they carry us out of here. Laughing

Working on some last minute Christmas embroidery projects today. We plan to meet DS and DDIL2B for supper tonight.

I also need to work on my Christmas cards this weekend. Will be up in the wee hours of the morning to work.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Susan.........I started to post yday that the L one was you but then I thought nahhhhh she's younger than me!!

Patti.........has the Willy Wonka factory opened yet??????? LOL

I don't even have TIME to think about baking anymore.....I remember the days when I used to make 10 different styles of cookies and fill up the freezer......NOT now!

Although I did pick up stuff to make chexmix since it was 79cents a box....cheap for here anyhow!

You guys sure chattered up a storm.......I had 2 pages to read.......worked tooo hard today and no time to goof off!

have a gr8 evening........off to wrap

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 pm

Evening all.............we are getting a nice snow fall right now. OK, you may ask, why is it nice...........cause it's not a blizzard!

Yes Jul, the Willie Wonka kitchen has been up and running since Tuesday.

Have a wonderful evening and a great Sunday.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 am

Patti........just after I typed that I was looking at tv and searching channels and the "willie wonka and the chocolate factory' was on!...I think DJ was wondering why I was laughing!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:36 am

Hi Guys, This is the first chance I've had to get online today. It'd been a busy day. We had our craft fair today and I sold all my scarves. Some got $20 and the smaller ones got $15 Yay I sat and knitted another one while we were there and a lady bought that right off my needles and asked for another one in green as soon as I could do it so I stopped on my way home and picked up the yarn the sat and knitted it this evening. I'll take it to her tomorrow and since she wanted extra long it'll get $25 Cheers

In the meantime, Bob put everything together and when i came home the fireplace and fire box were in place and it looks sooooo nice. I have an arrangement and a big Santa on the mantel. All we need is the plumber to hook up the gas line and we're in business. It snowed here this evening too.

I read the press release so I'm really doing the surcharge OBC dance now. Yay again.

Bon Voyage Mar.

Jen you are a busy girl too. Don't worry it'll all get done. I was counting on every day off to get really busy but I got a call from DD who said that the 4y/o is having her Nursery School Christmas program and she declared that Mom-Mom would be coming to see her and take pictures to put on the TV (Computer screen). Guess where I'll be next Thursday? Patti I think you remember her "I NO Yike Yat"

Gotta go to bed now after I watch the beginning of SNL Nite Nite All Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am

Morning,
I'm up early and doing laundry already. It's hard doing housework around Ray's schedule when he is on nights! So I'm doing stuff that needs to get done in the bedroom and bath before he comes home and goes to sleep. We will switch back to days for a week after this shift.

It is definitely the single digit temperatures they predicted! I have my thermostat programmed to drop to 66 degrees when we go to bed and kick back up to 68 an hour before we normally get up. This morning it was only 65 degrees in here! It's so cold out the furnace can't keep up! The good news is that even if it stays cold, the sun does warm up our sitting room... assuming the sun comes out!

Have a good day with your families and getting your Holiday projects done today! Sheila, I envy your knitting skills. I did a few scarves years and years ago and I think they took me months to complete!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

Good Morning All: A chilly 55 degrees and won't get passed the 70 degree mark today....The wind is really whipping so it feels much cooler...

Sheila: So glad you sold all your scarves and that Bob got the fireplace all set up...

Jul: Funny, I saw that Willie Wonka was on last night and almost started to watch, but then decided on something else...

Patti: What kind of candy do you make???

Susan: Ray must be excited about the Lap band surgery, but you seem aprehensive...One of the gals we met cruising in 2005 and have cruised with annually had the surgery last Dec and when I saw her this past November she looked very good...She still needs the surgery for the extra skin, not sure when that will happen...Take care all, will check in Later...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:47 am

I have been having a terrible time with these boards, I have to log in each time and don't know why this is happening... Tina took a look, but came up without a solution so far...Any ideas....
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 am

My sister and mom could make a fortune selling their handi crafts. My sister used to knit baby blankets until she broke her wrist and now she crochets them (someone has to start them for her and my mom does all the finish work). My mom has been embroidering baby bibs which are much too nice to give away, but we dont know what we would do with them. My sister Im sure averages at least one blanket a week she brings into church, sometimes 3 or 4 on sunday she brings in. The church also sends her home with blocks to embroider of animals they put together into quilts, she just does the blankets.

They all go to Parkland Hospital for the baby ward, thats the Dallas hospital where many of the poor go and they each get at least a baby blanket to bring home with their newborn. She has been doing it more years than I can count.

I wipe out Michael's when I go for one of their sales, and they have the one pound of baby yarn colors for $4.99, they had a 20% off Christmas sale I picked up 9 a week ago, and will put some under the tree for my sister. If I give it to her all at once, she wouldnt use up her older balls of yarn, she will use up the newest until its gone, so this time Im not giving it all to her. Spread out the wealth. Michael's is far enough away that I dont go for only a couple of yarns, I load up. I wiped them out of everything on the shelf but baby green this time.

My mom makes and designs the loviest quilts you ever saw. I got her 5 new quilt books for christmas. She wants only the ones with patterns, to give her new ideas. I like the kind of quilts that are illusions. I love christmas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 am

jillybabes wrote:
Susan: Ray must be excited about the Lap band surgery, but you seem aprehensive...One of the gals we met cruising in 2005 and have cruised with annually had the surgery last Dec and when I saw her this past November she looked very good...She still needs the surgery for the extra skin, not sure when that will happen...Take care all, will check in Later...

Jill, I'm very happy for him and know it can help a lot, but you are correct, I am still apprehensive. He's had a few surgery's since we've been married and he doesn't take to annistigia (sp?? the sleeping stuff!!) very well, or should I say he takes to it too well... it's hard for him to come out of it. He's been very committed to his diet plan for the last 6 months and his exercise plan for the last 2 months, that I'd still like to see him continue this program without the surgery. But, it's taken 6 months to get the insurance to sign off on the operation and now that they have, he either has to do it now or risk having to start all over with the approval process at a later date. I respect his decision and I do feel better after talking to the Dr. earlier this month.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 pm

OK, gals, EVERYONE please enter the Santa's vacation contest... We need SPB winners! Hint, I've figured it out to be one of 3 categories. If you are too lazy to figure it out yourself, email me and I'll give you a hint on which 3 it can be!!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Morning everyone! Survived scrapbooking and baking yesterday, also got my cards done. On to packing today!

Have a good day everyone! Chilly overnight here, in the 30's. But sunny today.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Good Morning Y'all...up early here to get ready to go up to the port and sailaway! Yippee!!!!!!

I don't dare make cookies this year as I would eat them! AND I have lost another 2 lbs!!!! Yeah!

So Ray is having Lapband? I have friend that did that and she looks positively great....but has to be very careful about what she eats.

We are going to book the 11night Radiance out of San Diego for the extended Mex. Riv. on April 12, 2010 while we are on the Vision so we can get the last of our "benefits"!!

Hasta la bye-bye and sea you in a week......
Mar~
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Good Morning Bears! I too make and sell lots of crafts have for years. My baby afghans go for $40 and I usually sell 20 - 30 of those every year. Although this year I'm doing lots of stuff on my embroidery machine. I've been thinking of renting space at a local craft mall to sell my stuff, shirts, aprons, towels, golf towels, special orders, baby bibs, as I said before if I had known I would have such fun with this machine I would have asked for it years ago. I just finished an afghan that has snowflakes on it for my neighbor it turnout really nice. So much I'd like to do so little time. lol!

Anyway, safe sail to those on the go!

Got the machine going as I type.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Afternoon everyone.............it is cold here also when you factor in the wind chill.

Jill, I make 20 different concoctions that include the molded variety and then different nuts, coconut, pretzels, carmels and turtles. I buy the choco wafers (in milk, semi sweet, white and peanut butter), then have to melt them down. I have a lot of different molds that I use, or I just throw some peanuts/cashews/pecans/pretzels/coconut in and fill up paper cups. I probably work with about 90# of the various flavors each year.

Well............have a great day.............Willie is calling!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next