Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Oh, no Patti! I didn't want you to do that! I am not even in the contest, and it's only for new members referred after Oct 22 or something like that. I just remembered that this question came up before, and no one seemed to remember how we all got here, and I didn't bother to say anything then, so I thought I would now. Anyway that's how I remember it.

I guess we need to thank Wingnut and Bob! And Patti for being such a troublemaker! lol!
WOW..........I've never be thanked for being a troublemaker!! Laughing

I went back and reread the contest rules..............and see that it is a membership drive that began on October 22 ending on December 1..........duh!! Embarassed Gosh, I almost feel like a wingnut!! roflmao

Hey Jen........we are all sisters here.................and to be honest.............I can't even remember who told me about this site. Shocked
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 am

You are right Jen, it was Bob the TA who sents us e-mails directing us to Cruise Freeks. Sure glad I got that e-mail.

Sheila, wonderful new picture.

You'll sound like you had a nice Thanksgiving. It was really nice not to cook this year and celebrate with friends. It turns out that Alex loves cruising and wants to go again really soon. I have created a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:34 am

Here I am with computer issues AGAIN........finally on dialup just so I could get online....

Still don't know if it's the modem, the phone company or the dang wireless......

Onto finishing up emails quickly and then some sleep.

Have a gr8 night y'all.......

j
Back to top Go down
JayKay

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:50 am

Good Luck, Murph.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:21 am

PH8 wrote:
Michelle----------go to your profile................information.......a little more than halfway down,you'll see REFERRED BY..........right there!!
Done. Very Happy Now if anyone wants to blame someone for bringing me here, they can blame you. roflmao

And I read Susan's post about the Oct date. That's ok, I still need someone to blame for my presence. Razz
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:03 am

OK, Michelle, don't you ever sleep??? Posting at 3:21am... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 am

Yikes! Just saw the weather report... our 1-3 expected inches of snow has been revised to 3-6"!!!!! I guess winter is here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

crusinmama06 wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Michelle----------go to your profile................information.......a little more than halfway down,you'll see REFERRED BY..........right there!!
Done. Very Happy Now if anyone wants to blame someone for bringing me here, they can blame you. roflmao

And I read Susan's post about the Oct date. That's ok, I still need someone to blame for my presence. Razz
Thanks Michelle....whatta pal Wink

I was also gonna comment on the time of night you were on.......I noticed on your email it was 4 something affraid Up late or really early????????????

Sorry about that snow Susan............just remember its really pretty......heheh.......Hope all your friends hang around......the more the merrier............

Debating whether or not to decorate for Christmas............thats only 25 days away and we'll be gone 10 of them!!It does look pretty but its so much work............maybe do just a little........at least the tree..............today will be a good day for the outside stuff...........gonna be 80........but rain later.........

have a super day all
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Morning everyone!

Kathy, I feel the same way about decorating this year. I am putting up our tree, and will decorate the fireplace mantel, but that's probably about it.

Sheila, we have a gas fireplace insert. We really like it, but I believe it did have to be vented, as they put a metal tube up our chimney. But I like it because it is a real fire, and puts out alot of heat. It has a remote control, that you can set to come on and go off. We really enjoy it, and it's great to never have to clean it out!

It's supposed to be 70 again today. I think we are going to go see the Four Christmas's movie today.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Come on Susan...You need ONE more referral to be second place...U CAN DO IT!!!!

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks Jul. Actually, we've been talking about it and think we'd rather do the 3rd place prize rather than the 2nd place... also, I have 3 referrals that aren't showing up on the list yet... The other piece of this is if the referrals post, you get an extra credit, so it's hard to really tell who's in the lead...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Susan, did you email Tina with the names that aren't showing? She said she may have missed some and to let her know.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 CopyMM
Well, this is a little bigger than I planned....anyway..here are Jean and I with DG Carol at the M&M on the Vision on Nov 10th.

Just heard that the weather in Florida is not conducive to the Shuttle landing so it will be landing here at Edwards Airforce Base around 1pm which means we will get a double sonic boom....a lot of folks will think it is an earthquake starting if they don't listen to the news. It will cost 1Million $ to piggy-back the shuttle back to Florida on a 747 and it will have to stop 3 times to refuel because of the weight.....now there is everything you never wanted to know about the shuttle!

Travelgoddess and DH are off on the Vision today. We go a week from today. I am altering my crepe skirt down so that I can wear it with a new jacket I found on sale. Doing that today and putting up the outdoor lights....all the rest of the decorating is done.

Like Jean, I don't take time to enter contests....but I can tell ya that Europe River cruises are really nice! We went on one on the Danube in the Fall and it was beautiful!! Very Elegant ships. I hope that you have mostly Americans on it as we did and son't have to put up with smoking...made it really nice for us. Rosebuds in vases with real lit candles for dinner...like I said, elegant.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:58 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Susan, did you email Tina with the names that aren't showing? She said she may have missed some and to let her know.
Shh! I don't want anyone to know until the last possible moment... surprise attack, don't ya know! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Susan, I hope your last minute end run works and you win something, especially the one you want.

Love the pic Jean. Good to see you and Marilyn and put a face to DG Carol.

It's raining and miserable here today but I guess we're lucky 'cause it could be snow.

I'm off to knit some more. Yes I'm still at it. The Craft Show is next Saturday so they get what I can do up until then.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Snow flurries here all day...no accumulation but enough of a scare for tourists that they all left town early.......at least I got home early this aft so I can get some chores done and maybe a NAP...

Started online searching for dining tables..........family has gotten large enough that I can't seat them all!!! Drawback is I have a hutch that I like and don't want to get rid of so now I have to find something to match that stain...makes it much tougher........

Mar.......love the pic........u guys look like ya had a lot of fun!

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Well, we've had flurries since a little afternoon, but we are a long way from the 40 mph winds and 6 inches of snow that was predicted earlier... maybe it will get yucky tonight????
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Jul, I must have cruising on the brain... when I first read that you were searching for dining tables, I thought you were trying to pick out the best table to request for our Christmas 2009 trip! roflmao
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm

ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 pm

No one has ever owned up to sending me the information to join here. Anyone want to come forward and claim credit?

I went to look in my profile and its blank in the referred by box.

I have been doing my part and telling folks about the contests and great group cruises here, dont know if anyone has joined or just looking at the info until they decide to book their next cruise.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi Flowers. When you registered you would have put a name in the referred to box, it isn't populated by the person who sent you to us.

I'm not sure who sent you the info, but we're glad you are here!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Julie,

A friend here needed to enlarge the dining table and had her husband make a top to fit over the existing table out of plywood. It fits right over it and then with the table cloth nobody knows. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Ginny.........MMMMMMMMMMMMM, awesome thought.......with a creative dh I wonder why he didn't think of that!!!....that would let me have the awesome table at Sams for my Kitchen and keep my family (his mom's )dining table in the dining room....ok...........Now off to draw some plans!!!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:31 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Julie,

A friend here needed to enlarge the dining table and had her husband make a top to fit over the existing table out of plywood. It fits right over it and then with the table cloth nobody knows. Just an idea.

That's a great idea! You could also get an inexpensive interior door (not panelled, drilled or hung, obviously Idea ) if that would be large enough. Then there's no actual work involved.

I am SORE today! I've been working out at least an hour a day so I can get rid of some of my gut. So far it doesn't seem to have happened, but all of my muscles are quite unhappy with me. Today's workout was hauling the large plants outside to rinse off dust and cat pee. I have black bean soup on the stove, using the Thanksgiving ham bone, and Don will grill steaks for dinner.

I ordered a new camera today - a Nikon hybrid SLR. I like the little camera for putting in my purse and taking quick snapshots, but have always missed being able to take good scenery shots. And we found a tiny ultra lightweight laptop that'll be a great travel computer. I'm just not that into using my phone for email - it's quirky and unreliable. So our Christmas shopping is done.

Chico's had a great sale over the weekend - I had a 50% off coupon plus 25% off everything plus 5% for being a Passport member. They had NOTHING on the website that I wanted, but the customer service rep found a store in Northern CA that had it all and it's on its way to me. Just a few items to spruce up my cruising wardrobe...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Jean, good luck with your exercise... I've been hitting the pool at least 3 times a week. No noticable change yet, but like you, I'm sore in places I didn't know could be sore!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next