Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Hello All--

Just checking in, you have been busy since yesterday. Congrats to the new bookings for the Oasis.

Forgot to tell you when we gave blood the other day they gave us a card and recorded all travel out of the Country and told us to bring it each time to make it easier to see if we are okay to give. I can see that it will cut down on the time they have to spend looking each place up.

A rainy cool day here but we need rain.

Later--
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 pm

We are booked for 10/9/10 and got our cabin # cheers ...Oasis here we come....
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Congrats to all who booked the Oasis.

Jean good thing the crew showed up and wonderful new that you are getting all the credit you expected.

Ladies hope all of you are having a good day. flower
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

WTG all you Oasis cruisers. Happy you got what you wanted and will await the glowing reviews.

Sorry to hear about Ginny's husband, Alan. I reember meeting her on the Radiance last year, but don't recall meeting him. Sending good thoughts.

Glad our SPB Floridians are ok with the storm.

Still not packed What a Face but maybe it will be a good thing and not so much over-packing.

Our cruise friends in Ireland have made it official...they will be meeting us in Dublin for the day..we are so looking forward to seeing them again.

Jean - Good job getting them to back down on your ressie. Also, about the cats cyclops Our little darlings can go in and out all day, but one of them seems to think the kitty boxes and yard are not his/her *thing*! How are you going to break them?

Two weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving on that jet plane to London... cheers
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Changed cabins once.....up a deck and in a little further on the hump.

I was going to change to the b1 (same price) but balcony is 30sf smaller and the aft was enticing except overlooking the aqua theatre isn't important since dh is a partner in a water theatre.

There are just too many categories on that ship.....YIKES

j Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 pm

Sheila: Loved the outcome on BB tonight...Will discuss in the AM...
Going to sleep, had a hard day at the office waiting for TA to call and then I wound up giving her the prices of the taxes!!!
I really should become a TA, after all, I would have all of you as my SPB clients...
Off to bed Sleep Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:51 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila: Loved the outcome on BB tonight...Will discuss in the AM...
Going to sleep, had a hard day at the office waiting for TA to call and then I wound up giving her the prices of the taxes!!!
I really should become a TA, after all, I would have all of you as my SPB clients...
Off to bed Sleep Later, Jill Cool

Agreed Jill. Good outcome. Lots of drama coming up in the Jury House. affraid
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 am

I picked out the sectional sofa I want to replace the one we have in our family room. It doesn't go with the new carpet, too bland. I'm going with red. And I have to track down the guy who made the barstools we have to see if I can get some yardage for a couple of throw pillows. Spend!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:55 am

Morning everyone..................wishing everyone a wonderful TGIF!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 am

Jean.....spend spend spend, help the economy!!!

sis...one of our employees has done some 'pyramid' travel thing and is trying to get me involved...supposedly you will save a ton on your own travel....haven't had a chance to look at much of it tho. If it looks good, I'll let ya know!

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:45 pm

OK Polar Bear Sisters I need your help. Our DIL went for a job interview at our elementary school today.......so I need as many good thoughts and vibes being directed to Wickliffe Elementary School as I can get. Oh, and our son would appreciate it also. Very Happy

Thanks....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Morning all......been out already..........needed to get to the store while the eye of the storm was above us..........winds have really picked up now............I can hear the howling outside...........

Patti-best of luck to your DIL with the school job......what position???

Guess its time to update the cruise list with all the Oasis bookings..........just need to know what itinerary Susan's is?? I know the rest are Eastern..........

Back later(assuming I dont lose power affraid )
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:08 pm

PH8 wrote:

Patti-best of luck to your DIL with the school job......what position???

She interviewed for two positions. One is full time First Grade teacher (which is what she really wants) and then there is a Title-1 Math tutor that works 3 days a week and then subs the other 2 days.

To make a long story short..........the kids just celebrated their 2nd anniversary on July 1. She's been a permanent sub at an elementary school for the last 3 three years...............and each year they have promised her a teaching position when someone retired...............but it was always given to someone else. Mad She really like this school because she had done her student teaching there and knew all of the staff and got along with everyone really well. Anybody that meets Rachel..............falls in love with her.

This past school year they told her last fall that there was a definite position becoming available for this coming school year and that it was her's. Didn't get it............because the school's nurse has a daughter that was also looking for a job. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Did you all hear that the IOC is investigating the one young gal on the Chinese gymnastics team who's birth certificate says she is 14, but her passport says she is 16? affraid

This is the gal that tied NL for the gold medal on the uneven parallel bars and then won the gold medal after they went through the tie breaking process.

They said that it would also make a major difference in the team standings and that the US could win the gold if their investigations prove that the Chinese "cheated". Now, would they do that??
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Happy Friday to All--

Patti--thoughts with your DIL, sure do hope she gets the job.

Kathy--sounds like you are having some interesting weather, do hope it does not get too bad.

Jill--how is the weather for you?

Later--
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Did you all hear that the IOC is investigating the one young gal on the Chinese gymnastics team who's birth certificate says she is 14, but her passport says she is 16? affraid

This is the gal that tied NL for the gold medal on the uneven parallel bars and then won the gold medal after they went through the tie breaking process.

They said that it would also make a major difference in the team standings and that the US could win the gold if their investigations prove that the Chinese "cheated". Now, would they do that??

They did it to the US earlier this year, I think, when one of the rely sprinters admitted to doping. Stripped the team of their golds. I think Marion Jones' teammates also had to give up their relay gold medals. So here's hoping.

I hate that tie-breaker rule! Why not just have a tie? duh
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Happy Friday to All--

Patti--thoughts with your DIL, sure do hope she gets the job.

Kathy--sounds like you are having some interesting weather, do hope it does not get too bad.

Jill--how is the weather for you?

Later--

Nancy: Still no rain, windy, and overcast, but getting a bit lighter now...I really wish it would just rain, it has been like this all week and it is getting old fast!!!
Jul: I would be wary of pyramid schemes...The only ones that make out are the ones that are there from the beginning, but do keep me posted... Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Whoopee!!!! last day of work done. Cheers Yay Cheers Off to get my mani/pedi/rip done soon.

Patti all good thoughts for your DIL She deserves a position after being passed over so often.

I hope the Chinese get caught. Those girls are definitely too young. According to reports they still have teeth that have not erupted.

I have to laugh at Bob. Every time we beat the Brazilians he jumps up and down. Last night we watched the Men's Volleyball and he was coming out of his chair. Patti, he says it all goes back to Splendour. :taz:
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Jill and Sheila....Yea, April is gone! Now get rid of Jerry...my Dad would turn over in his grave the way he acts and wears all the Marine shirts! Come on Dan! You are really playing the game! That "jungle vine" looks like fun...Bob and I would try it! Tee Hee!

Patti....hope you DIL gets the teaching job. I hate that form of nepotism! The most qualified should get it!!!!

Was making some T-shirts yesterday with Choir logos on them for some of my gal friends in choir...so decided to make a
Glacier Gang one for Kirk....hope I got the right size, and hope he likes it!

Lost another pound for a total of 15! And I have been on Maintenance (no NS food) all week!!! WaHooooooo!

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Mar, you're my idol! I just started WW again today (3rd time this week, LOL). I'm heading for a dance lesson, which is always good for a couple of activity points, and then perhaps to the gym. Then I won't feel too badly about some wine with dinner tonight. I need to drop 30lbs and want to drop 40. I've gained 10 in the past year - danged perimenopause (and at 54 you'd think I'd be done with it all)!

Well, today has been a good day for me, cruise-wise (for being on land). sunny Shareholder Service relented and applied the OBC for my AZ Quest booking - I guess I wasn't the only angry investor out there. And I finally got control of my AZ Journey back from my former TA - I've been trying to do that for weeks and they've not managed to get it done. So now I'm going to see if my current TA has any OBCs to offer, greedy girl that I am.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Happy Friday everyone!

I posted earlier, but it went to post heaven somewhere!

Trying to start planning our trip to Vegas next month. Have condo, air and car, now just trying to plan activities. If anyone has any suggestions.....
Trying to talk Jim into doing the Richard Petty Nascar experience at the LV Speedway, I know he would love it, but it's pricey. Also may do a river raft float trip, and Hoover Dam tour.

I'm just staying home and cleaning this weekend, Jim is at the Lake House overseeing some work being done there.

Jean, glad you got your cruise back and your shc.

Mar, you are my idol too! Jean I don't think you need to lose that much, but I, on the other hand, need to lose a Back Street Boy! Arg

Patti- Hope your DIL's interview went well, will keep fingers and toes crossed!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Sheila: Bon Voyage, have a great trip and I will keep the home fires burning with BB...Are you leaving tomorrow???

Mar: Congrats on the weight loss, better not lose too much more or Diane won't recognize you in January!!!

Patti: Hope your DIL got the job...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi all.....

No power all afternoon...........took my perishable foods to my inlaws.........they fed me dinner and I had several glasses of vino............good way to spend a yucky day.....

Im with you Jean....Im 54 and need to lose that much too.........30 pounds.......its so hard............Im tryin to cut back.eating WW meals for dinner........yogurt for breakfast and not too much inbetween.......today was the first day I had alcohol since the cruise.......a whole week.....hahhaha...........I know thats really bad for ya.......I swear its our age that doesnt help..

Congrats to you mar........Im jealous..

Patti-how did the interview go???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Progress Energy just called with an automated message............Update power restoration report...........my power will be back on Sat 8/23 at 11:59pm:P Razz Hellllllllllllooooooooo.anyone want to tell them I already have my power back???????? Duhhhhh:shock:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila: Bon Voyage, have a great trip and I will keep the home fires burning with BB...Are you leaving tomorrow???

Mar: Congrats on the weight loss, better not lose too much more or Diane won't recognize you in January!!!

Patti: Hope your DIL got the job...Later, Jill

Jill I leave on Sunday so I'll be here yakking tomorrow I'm sure. I have BB TVO'd so I'll be able to catch up. I guess it may be over before I get back though.

Mar congrats on the weight loss. I've been trying hard too. I have 'til Sunday to meet my goal. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next