Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Morning Ladies--

Just checking in, glad to hear Jill and Kathy are safe. A little rain would probably be good.

Enjoyed the west coast pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Who is planning the reunion cruise?

Later--
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Ladies. Just got an email from GinnyRay and Alan...remember them from our Polar Bear cruise? I know that Sheila and Nancy do. Anyway, Alan has a mass that is growing in his head and the Drs. think that it is a return of his Melanoma and that it has metastisized (sp?). She said that Alan seems calm, but she is really upset. Please remember them in your prayers.

I have a little cystitis from time to time and it has been several months...but it is back and I have to go to the doc for a DMSO treatment which seems to be the miracle cure where this is concerned. I seem to get it when I drink coffee too often...must be allergic to it.

Glad to hear all is well in Florida for our sisters.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Mar: Of course I remember GinnyRay & Alan, they are a lovely couple and will keep them in our prayers...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Good Afternoon. It was actually chilly this morning and it's still cool here but a lovely sunny day.

I'm very sorry to hear about Alan. I was just in touch with Ginny with info she needed for an excursion she was planning in Alaska. I wonder if they'll even be able to go now. We watch "Hour of Power" from the Crystal Cathedral every Sunday morning and always look for Ginny and Alan in the congregation as they attend there regularly. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

I'm off tomorrow and then only ONE more work day 'til we leave. Cheers I'm really getting excited.

Jill, I'm actually kind of hoping that Jerry goes on Thurs. He creeps me out the way he follows April and Ollie everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Even though I dont know them,I will certainly keep Alan and GinnyRay in my prayers..

Never realized skin cancer could cause a mass inside your head......how horrible..

Hope you're feeling better Mar.......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 pm

It's been dry here for the last couple months and then this last week it's been pouring. Localized flooding. John called at lunch to say the road we travelled on to come to work had been shutdown for a while because of high water. Of course they are doing construction and so I'm sure that had something to do with it. But, another road near where we live has a little stream next to it and that whole are has been evacuated. And, now it's raining again. We have a creek behind our place (it'll have to really flood for us to worry) but one time the rushing water took out a couple of the trees. What a mess.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I see someone in an Ark on the way home from work.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Prayers for Ginny Ray and Alan......such a sweet couple.....Keep us informed Mar please!!

Diane......get your oars out! We're getting rain all day here too

Cranky as all get out today.......sure wish the sun would shine, that would definitely help!!!

wonder how long it'll take to make an Oasis res tomorrow.......I hate to even try!

jul
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Mar, sorry to hear about Alan. I did meet Ginny Ray and Alan while on the Radiance and I will be praying for both of them.

I know it is hard for folks that are being flooded there in Florida wish there was a way to get the water here to CA where we are in a drought and have been given times we are allowed to water outside.

Trying to get back into the swing of things with school and schedules. juggling
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Alan! Ginny Ray and I had some nice chats on Radiance as we kept bumping into each other.

The carpet is done, and it looks fab. The first cat to pee on it becomes an outdoor cat. I used to think that my neighbor was heartless because she kicked her old cats out of the house, but now I'm understanding why. Of course one of them drowned in her swimming pool, so on second thought...affraid

The painters flaked out on me again so it's going to go into next week, I'm afraid. The lead guy's wife had a boob job today (welcome to LA) and his workers were supposed to get a ride from a guy who locked his keys in his car. Honestly, I was about to snap when I heard that one.

I need a nap - I was up until 1:30 getting the room ready and then up at 6 for a meeting. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Aren't contractors fun! No
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Prayers for Ginny Ray and Alan......such a sweet couple.....Keep us informed Mar please!!

Diane......get your oars out! We're getting rain all day here too

Cranky as all get out today.......sure wish the sun would shine, that would definitely help!!!

wonder how long it'll take to make an Oasis res tomorrow.......I hate to even try!

jul

Sis: Think about this date 10-9-2010 Eastern Itinerary, you will be in good company Wink ...Roll call already started!!!
Still not rain here, but Port Canaveral is getting slammed at the present time...Later, Jill

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Sis...unfortunately Oct is a no go around here......we can only easily get time off the last 2 wks of Jan, first 2 of feb and then june anytime....other than that it's difficult with busy stores or shows to go to.

Has anyone ever done the shots the cdc recommends for going to the various countries?????....For P Canal they recommend 4.....last time they only recommended a hep shot and our dr said unless we were going to do drugs, have unprotected sex or be crazy that we wouldn't need it......

Whaddya think y'all???????? Get the shots or not????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Jul: We did the PC cruise and never had any shots of any kind...Sorry Oct. doesn't work, it would have been fun...

Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:49 am

vlscruiser wrote:
Aren't contractors fun! No

Not exactly the word I was thinking of, LOL, although the first two letters match.

The nap helped. Now Don is pondering how to put the TV/audio system back together. affraid

Jul, we're doing the PC in December and probably won't be getting any shots. Maybe we'll ask our doctor what he thinks.

I had a small war with Celebrity this past week, and I think I have a partial victory. I had booked the Azamara Quest in the spring, got an OBC for booking onboard ($300) and the shareholder credit ($250). So a promotion comes out, with up to $300 OBC (suite, which we have) and prepaid gratuities ($455 for us). Prices hadn't gone up, so I emailed my vacation planner and asked it we could switch to the promotion and keep the shareholder credit, since the offer wasn't combinable. He checked with his supervisor, who said yes. So we cancelled and rebooked, figuring we'd just made about $200 (the fuel supplement went from $5 to $15pp/day to keep it from being better).

So I emailed my request to Linda Buchannan and - you guessed it - she denied it. So I flipped out, since now we're paying $75 MORE for the damned cruise. I emailed the planner, who ran it up the flagpole and got shot down repeatedly. I finally called resolutions and said, "look, I know it's only $75, but now I'm like a dog with a bone, since it was your mistake that cause me to cancel and rebook." She said, "ok, as a goodwill gesture (she saw my cruise history), I'll give you a $75 OBC." cheers Someboyd in authority finally used a little common sense!

I'll do the happy dance when I see it on my booking, but at least they brought me back to being whole. I gotta tell you, though, that if they're going to limit the use of the shareholder OBC like that, I'll be selling it. I don't think the fundamentals are all that sound, and it was the "tax free dividend," in the form of the OBC, that kept me from selling.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 am

I did it!!...Oasis 1/16/10 is booked.........i booked a hump 9592 at this point, course I could be like (was it Susan???) and change cabins several times before then tho!!

jul Wink
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:24 am

It's not raining here today, foggy though. On the news this morning they said our area had between 7-9 inches of rain affraid .

So need to go check out the Oasis M&M since Jill said it's already started. Yes we're together again Lucy and Ethel are cruising. You decide which is which! Cool Or maybe it's LaVerne and Shirley roflmao ?

Congrats on your booking Julie, you'll have to fill us in on all the details, when the time comes. Unless someone gets there first.

OK, off to CC to add a ticker.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:30 am

Good Morning SPB's. Another beautiful day sunny and coming up on 2 weeks without our air being on. It is so cool at night I'm buried under the covers but I love it.

Jean I totally agree with your opinion on the share holder's credit. It should be ours, any cruise, regardless. Otherwise why have it. It's not worth much. Ther must be some legal president. What say you? OnMySoapBox

Congrats to all who booked Oasis. As you all know, I'm flagged until after Feb of 2010 so no Oasis for a while.

I'm off all day and in cleaning mode. I want it all done today then I can concentrate on the final packing.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:33 am

Morning All:
Congrats sis on the booking...Waiting on our TA to call...
I do know that Kathy is on the inaugural (she was one of the first to book today) so she will give the full report (unless we get an invite to the pre-inaugural which would be sweet...
Ok, Schlemiel, Schlemazel, Hossenfuss Inc. which one am I???? HappyHappyJoyJoy

Still no rain here, but it should get here today...

Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:05 am

I booked too! 2 PLUS years away.... but we are booked on the Oasis 9-25-2010 sailing. Jul, I've spent hours and hours looking at the deck plans and finally Ray said we used the pool more than anything, so we are booked on deck 14 as close to the elevator as I could get (that was my "need") and have one of the balcony cabins that looks in over Central Park instead of the water. When we pre-booked Freedom (same deal... didn't know anything about the ship), I only changed cabins once because an aft became available, which I now know I won't do ever again on a ship that large. But yes, for Alaska, I think we switched cabins 4 or 5 times!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:18 am

Morning.....

Another Oasis booker here...........I do not like booking without prices in front of me..........I knew I wanted a Boardwalk balcony and got it,but when I can see all the prices and cabins in one place,we may chnage cabins too...........its alot of money..........

congrats on your victory Jean........they screwed up and should give you that OBC.......

I guess I can go get dressed now for the day........hahah............been on the phone and puter since 7:30
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:01 pm

Afternoon everyone................didn't have DSL since Tuesday evening.......but I think we are back in business now.

Gosh, Ginny and Alan are on our TA on Jewel for next September...........so sorry to hear about his setback. She did mention on the roll call that he had a minor traffic accident with the car a couple of weeks ago.............wonder if both are related?

Congratulations to those who booked Oasis. Hope you got the cabin you wanted.

Jul.......you DO NOT need any special shots when you do a PC cruise. Have done 5 full transits of the PC and have never gotten sick. You are not coming from or going to infested areas. If you were doing a land tour and going inland............then maybe.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Tks all for the info on the shots.......that's kinda what I was thinking but just wasn't sure.

Kathy.........I thought about one looking over the other areas, but I just can't give up my gazing at the water.......would much rather look at it than people!!

Does anyone have any idea if the balcony's on the hump are bigger like on the other ships??????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Good morning, all! The marine layer is starting to burn off and the painters have finally gotten their butts here. They know I'm pissed off that they missed yesterday so they're working meekly and hard.

I have to go to work at 2:00 but only for a couple of hours since I have a meeting at 5:00. It'll be good to get out of the house. My housekeeper will have the privilege of cleaning the floors tomorrow, something she seldom feels compelled to do. They're pretty gross.

Congrats to those who got their bookings on Oasis. I don't imagine we'll be going any time soon unless they invite us on a pre-inaugural. They should based on C&A credits, but they might not based on what I've said on CC, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Jul-I figure I can see water,people,the sky and the aqua water show from our balcony..

Some Ds have bigger balconies than others,,,according to some reports on CC..
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Sis: I believe that the D1's have the larger balconies...but the cabin sq ft. is the same...Later, Jill Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: