Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:35 pm

jillybabes wrote:
D: That is a good story...
Everyday, it's one of the first things I say...
That's because you live in paradise.

Come up north here and go through a winter and see if you say the same thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

Come up north here and go through a winter and see if you say the same thing. Laughing

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're from the North East which is why we now live in Texas. As much as I P&M about the 100+ degree days I'll take those anyday over the winters in the North.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:36 pm

jillybabes wrote:
We always say that esp when we are laying out by the pool enjoying it.......and we say"just think,,,,people spend thousands of dollars to come down to do this".......

Im with Diane............gimme the 100degrees(like today) over snow and COLD anytime......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm having a day off here. Went out to breakfast and did some chores. I just had a call from RCCL D+ desk re. our ammenities for both cruises. I ordered some wine and champagne. Sadly the bridge tour was filled on both cruises as they start at the top and work down and we're smack on the bottom. affraid Bob would have liked that. I got a bit excited at first thinking the up-grade fairy was calling. It does make it all very real though and we leave 2 weeks from Sunday. I guess I should get busy packing.

Have a great rest of the day. BB10 eviction tonight. Hope Jessie goes.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Question............when do they stop allowing pax to board? Wasn't there a new rule that the manifest had to be completed by X hour before the ship sailed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Im pretty sure it is 72 hrs,Patti....why??You want to jump on a ship tomorrow??

Sheila--they ask you about the bridge tour now?? We never find out till we're onboard when it is.......and have never been refused because others have more credits..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Oh wait...you meant to baord....sorry,read it wrong..........ummmmmmmmmmm.I dont know,,,,hahahah
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:40 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

You forget, I was born and raised in NYC so I do know what winters are like, give me the hot, hot, hot weather any day of the week!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Patti-found the answer for you..

Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:26 pm

PH8 wrote:

Sheila--they ask you about the bridge tour now?? We never find out till we're onboard when it is.......and have never been refused because others have more credits..

Kathy, The gal never mentioned tours so I asked about it and she told me that all the tours were full because they start with the top and go down and there was no more room left on either cruise. That's exactly what she told me. If you think there's another way to get the bridge tour let me know 'cause Bob talked about the fact that we can do that now that we're D+ and was excited about it. It is a Member Cruise on the first leg with the ususal gazillion cruises people on board but I'm surprised that we couldn't do it on the TA.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 pm

PH8 wrote:
Patti-found the answer for you..

Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.
So is it 60 minutes or 90 minutes??

"Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail".
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Kathy, The gal never mentioned tours so I asked about it and she told me that all the tours were full because they start with the top and go down and there was no more room left on either cruise. That's exactly what she told me. If you think there's another way to get the bridge tour let me know 'cause Bob talked about the fact that we can do that now that we're D+ and was excited about it. It is a Member Cruise on the first leg with the ususal gazillion cruises people on board but I'm surprised that we couldn't do it on the TA.
This must be something new because ever since we made D+ we have always gotten a card in our cabin with the 3 or 4 "special" tours available.........we've never had to sign up a head of time.

However, the bridge tour is up to the discretion of the Captain. Some Captains do not want people up on the bridge. On Radiance, Capt. Trym was more than accommodating. On Jewel, when we had Capt. MacDonald.......he was also very accommodating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:46 pm

I never heard of it that way Sheila............maybe cuz its a members cruise,but I'd be really surprised you dont get one for the 2nd leg.......

I got my info from www.rccl.com Patti(about the 60 mins).......90 mis sounds more like it but where did you get that from?
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Gee whiz guys....I am gone for a day or two and 6 pages to read...well, just had to pick up bits and pieces!

Diane, you crakc me up with the Polar Bears unite thing...no NCL cruises for us...wing nut or no wing nut!

"I am older that dian'ane...nanny-nanny-boo-boo!"

WE got our docs for Alaska....just remembering some of you guys talking about USDirect last year...sounds like a good deal.
Did any of you use it last year? What do you think? We are on air with RCI this year and do qualify for it...would you recommend it?

No plans yet for 2010...i am having a hard enough time tracking with the 6 cruises we have!!!

Patti....posted for Jenniferluvs2 cruise on that Radiance thread to come over to us on the Ultimate thread.
man! Have never had someone that disgruntled about alaska. I think the Radiance was a GREAT trip and said so.

So our Bob is now a Lifeguard...Whoo Hoo!

Hope jessie goes to night....I hope I hope! And hope Twitch gets the Fav Amercian Dancer on SYTYCD.

mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:23 pm

PH8 wrote:
I never heard of it that way Sheila............maybe cuz its a members cruise,but I'd be really surprised you dont get one for the 2nd leg.......

I got my info from www.rccl.com Patti(about the 60 mins).......90 mis sounds more like it but where did you get that from?
I got my info off the RCI's website also when I went to their FAQ. You didn't think that the answers would be the same did you?? affraid

"Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Thats so funny,Patti............i got my info from the Before you Board section........

I can not believe they have conflicting info.. Rolling Eyes

I'd stick with the 90 mins..
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:43 pm

PH8 wrote:
Thats so funny,Patti............i got my info from the Before you Board section........

I can not believe they have conflicting info.. Rolling Eyes

I'd stick with the 90 mins..
No consistency!! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Sheila, we've always gotten a card onboard, too, asking if we'd like to have a bridge, galley or behind the scenes tour. We did the bridge tour on Radiance, which was a members' cruise - I have a great picture of Patti, Virgini, Captain Trym & me. So ask the Concierge when you board and see what the answer is. I don't think the D+ gal had her ducks in a row.

We haven't gotten the DP call since last year. I have to call every time, and the last time the wine wasn't in the cabin. I checked with the LA and she didn't have us on her list, but she fixed that without an act of Congress, thankfully.

Oh, and we got a new coupon book this past weekend - no more free picture, there's a coupon for $5 off $25 worth of laundry (this for a 3-5 night cruise - who does their laundry???) and a DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL coupon. Plus the Spin to Win coupons, 20% of transfers to CD. At least they still give me a free drink, cup of coffee and ice cream bar. Criminey. Evil or Very Mad

It's been an insane day - I had to clean out the china cabinet so the painters would be able to move it, then discovered that the blinds had been laid on the floor and marked affraid , so had to do that. Then ran to the office for a couple of hours, ran back to spend 15 minutes getting Snowball out from under the bed and take her to the vet. Now I'm resting while the painter puts the vertical blinds back. He keeps hanging them backwards, poor soul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 pm

NO MORE FREE PIC???????? What the ???? Maybe you had one of those messed up books?? That really sucks.........like you said,who does laundry(ok,sometimes Dennis sends things out to be pressed,but not $25 worth)...........and you can keep those stupid spins to win.......whatta waste......

coupons I use most are free drink,free coffee and free pic...........
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Afternoon Ladies,

I was disappointed with the book as I looked forward to the free photo, which as Jean said is now gone. I also usually use the free drink to get a bottle of water and on the Monarch get the ice cream if I remember. Did not remember on the Liberty. Sad

Been trying to find a cruise to take Alex on fairly soon. Found the Liberty of the Seas over Christmas and have it on hold while I consider if I am crazy! santa Also put a Alaska cruise on hold for June but I am currently booked on Mariner for June and if that stays on the books would go to Alaska in 2010 with Liz and family. I am not in WN group but I am nuts!!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi all!

It's been beautiful here for the last few days after our major storms earlier in the week. We actually turned off the air conditioner today! We'll see if I can sleep without it running! My fall allergies have already kicked in and the night air isn't always good for me...

We haven't used most of our coupons for the last few years. Love the free drink of course and the coffee, and occasionally I'll buy a new RCCL sweatshirt, so can use the 10% off (or whatever it is) for that, but we don't really use any of the other ones. I've been giving out photo coupons to who ever we end up eating dinner with. If I see a nice picture of them when we walk thru the gallery, I pick it up and give it to them. But I avoid the photographer at all costs, so we never get our own picture any more! The buy one bottle of wine get another for a discount goes unused because we usually get a wine package. I guess I do use the spa discount if I splurge, though. Why don't they ask us what to put in there? I'm sure we could all come up with some great ideas!

Sheila, good luck getting a bridge tour. We were luck enough to be invited last year on the Grandeur even though we aren't D+ yet, just D. I thought it was extremely interesting, but I don't need to do it again for a while. I was most impressed with the message the captain had written on a dry erase board and the fact that they had the passenger and crew #'s posted in case of emergency. It was impressive.

Jean, good luck finishing your remodel. Thankfully my painters didn't have to take down my blinds, but I too had to empty out the china cabinet. That was months ago and I still haven't put everything back in to it! Guess I'd better get to it! Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Mar - We used the US Direct last year. I worked great!!! Our cabin tags were attached to our luggage before boarding our flight. Upon arrival in Vancouver we just followed the signs to US Direct and were directed to their departure lounge. Showed our passports and once we boarded the bus, the bus door is taped, so technically, we didn't set foot on Canadian soil. Upon arrival at the port, we went directly to check in and only saw our luggage again when we got to our cabin. Would do it again in a minute! Keep in mind we flew directly to Vancouver...not sure how secure I'd feel if we had to change planes. Wish we wee going again too!

While I'm on the above subject lol, some of you knew that WN sat right in front of us on that bus!!! What a Face Well, when we arrived at the port, WN was moving as fast as she could to board. There were several people in line, but she pushed her way in front of them, "because she was DIAMOND"... That was the first of many run ins with her. They really needed a plank on that cruise.

Diane et al...we say that almost every day at work, although it's not regarding nice thoughts of a dear friend.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:34 pm

no photo coupon??...maaaaaaaan, that sucks!

That is the one offer they could give more of and it doesn't cost them a PENNY....they throw them away anyhow.....I seriously think that the people that buy the photos are going to buy them anyhow......I usually get one free that I wouldn't necessarily buy but I would like.

As they say "all good things come to an end".......keep cutting costs and customers will go elsewhere.......not bright business.

about ready to leave.......finally......I am soooo ready to go......luckily dd will be here taking care of everything.

have a great weekend.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Thanks for the info on the tours. I'm going to hope that gal didn't have a clue and talk to the Concierge or hope there is a card in our state room. We met Capt MacDonald when we were on Jewel before. He seems very nice although I don't think we have him this time according to Wolfie.

Shrimp are you and Martha packed yet? I'm still making piles which I'll have to make smaller somehow. I picked up a nice sweater today and the final price was $3.99 unbelievable. bounce

Susan It's very cool here too. DS spent a lot of time in the basement at the beginning of the week out there. I'm thinking you probably did too.

BB10 was good. Will discuss in the Am.

Can't believe they took the photo coupon out. With the exception of the coffee,drink,and a couple of others the rest are crap anyway.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:29 pm

Short-stuff - No, we have a plan about our packing this time but haven't begun to put it in motion. Rolling Eyes We must get busy soon!!! Great bargain on the sweater, but I have you beat!!! When we see you in a few weeks, I'll tell you about my $8 (including shipping) dress! lol!

Well, shucky darn...no free picture for us DIAMOND VIRGINS??? Oh well, we've forgotten to use the coupons most of the time anyway. Too bad, we usually do buy pictures. It will be nice to have a FREE drink once in a while l drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next