Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Group Cruises - Insurance?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpio Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Scorpio Gal

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Group Cruises - Insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Nina, a question, does Cunard offer insurance for those who book in groups? If not, are you going to offer insurance through TravelGuard or one of the more reputable agencies for those of us who wish to take insurance?
Back to top Go down
http://grandprincessholidaycruise2008.blogspot.com/
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Good question Scorpio!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Cunard does offer insurance to members of groups although, I have found that if you are booking flights seperate from Cunard (or anything for that matter) it is better to book with TravelGuard which I can arrange for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Nina for those of us who aren't flying do you recommend Travel Guard or Cunard's insurance?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Nick,

TravelGuard has higher limits that they cover for medical emergencies as well as trip interruption expenses. However, they have lower baggage coverage limits. (you an opt to have higer coverage on this) They both let you cancel for mostly the same reasons (Horrendous weather, death or illness of you or a close relative etc) and offer 24/7 emergency and travel services.

Personally, I prefer TravelGuard because I have found them very easy to work with when processing a claim, they have a range of coverage options so you can choose which one fits you best and often are less expensive than Cunard for the same coverages.

For those who wish to have insurance when you make your booking I can quote you both for you to choose from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 pm

Nina, does Travel Guard offer policies international travelers or is it strictly for US travelers?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 pm

TravelGuard does have an affiliate in the UK. The rules of coverage are a bit different as is the pricing obviously. Would you like me to look into that for you further?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Cruises - Insurance?   Group Cruises - Insurance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Cruises - Insurance?
Page 1 of 1