Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Just stopped by before I get dressed into my black & white top and my white pants and whistle around my neck. Have a BIG BIG game to umpire tonight..............but I will try to stop by during half time.

BTW......does anyone know if sending an email to the Splendour........is it SP or SL??
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Patti........isn't it SP.......I seem to think it's first letter and first consonant?..Isn't that what I've seen???.........or maybe I don't know anything!!!

Lots of tornadic action around here tonight.......golf ball to baseball hail......hopefully it all stays just north of here........praying for a calm night

Got dh a deer feeder for Cmas.......sooo cool to watch the deer at dusk not 20 feet from the house feeding away.......Now I can say I have a PET!!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti........isn't it SP.......I seem to think it's first letter and first consonant?..Isn't that what I've seen???.........or maybe I don't know anything!!!

Lots of tornadic action around here tonight.......golf ball to baseball hail......hopefully it all stays just north of here........praying for a calm night

Got dh a deer feeder for Cmas.......sooo cool to watch the deer at dusk not 20 feet from the house feeding away.......Now I can say I have a PET!!!!

jul Smile
Thanks Jul. We have tornado warnings up also. Oh well, so much for spring weather!!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:54 am

We present Wed at 10AM...reception tonight & Luau party on Thursday.

Danny said he would seek a grass skirt & coconuts for photo ops

Ambien was on board Juls, will need to increase dosage for TA flight. He did pretty well overall.

We are swiming with the Dolfins on Thursday afternoon.

posting more pixs....palm trees & snow....
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:50 am

I haven't been to Hawaii in over 10 years. I used to vacation there annually, then Don & I went after I took the CA bar exam. We haven't been back since, but I think we may trade in our time share in the next couple of years. There are a lot of nice places to stay there, and you can't beat the weather!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:22 am

Good Morning SPB's. We have a busy day ahead. Dr's appt's this morning then work til 8pm tonight. Somewhere in between I have to do the final packing as we're out of here at 5:45am tomorrow. We'll be back next Thursday and I'm sure I'll have a ton to ketchup. Play nice while I'm gone. stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 am

Morning.............

Have fun Sheila..........I ordered up lots of sunshine for you... sunny sunny sunny

When and if we ever get to Hawaii,Im not sure if it would be via a ship or do a land tour.........same with Europe.......some places you need to see more,I think,,,,but oh heck,why not both ways??

Sorry about your loss,Patti(the game last night) Suspect

Happy Tuesday all..........
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:55 am

Have a great time on the Grandeur Sheila...When are you going to Hawaii???
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Made it thru all the storms......hope u do (did) too Patti.....

3am jumped up to running to the basement......thought the roof was coming off.....haven't had one like that in a looooonnnngggg time.......scary, blew the back door open and flooded the living room (strange since it was locked and shut).....finally calm by about 4ish...dead tired today tho!

Have a great day y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Oh Jul............how scary for you..............the thought of tornadoes scare me more than any other storm............have you been able to access all the damage yet??

Jill--you sure have alot of cruises booked..........are you DP yet???
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:06 pm

critterchick wrote:
Mar, I don't know who the CD will be when John Blair goes on vacation. There's a thread on CC about where your favorite CD is, but I don't know when it was last updated. I'm wondering who will be on Monarch at the end of the month - seems like Johnny O has been on for six months by now.
Jean - Johnny O went on vacation to England before Christmas, I think it was the Friday that Mar~ disembarked. So he might almost be ready to get back on board by February.

Good to hear you lef the Vision in good shape for me next week. Do you have any recommodations on best entertainment? I've never been to Mazatlan - can you walk into the old town from the dock or is it a taxi ride?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Mornin all. I've been up since 3 when I got paged the first time. Tried to go back to bed but then it happened again, gotta love being on call. Then the dogs decided that they wanted to play so I figured I might as well just stay up.

So Sheila when do you leave for Tampa?

We had some storms pass to the south of us last night and early this morning, lots of wind but not a drop of rain. Julie I hope all is well.

Patti, so what happened?

Just need to make it though the day.

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Good Morning SPB's. We have a busy day ahead. Dr's appt's this morning then work til 8pm tonight. Somewhere in between I have to do the final packing as we're out of here at 5:45am tomorrow. We'll be back next Thursday and I'm sure I'll have a ton to ketchup. Play nice while I'm gone. stickingtongueout
Sheila - Have a good trip. Why is it the day before vacation is always so hectic. I leave for LA tomorrow, so have lots of running around - including buying and mailing a couple of b'day presents and getting the dogs' nails trimmed.

Had my interview with the INS yesterday and I'm now half American. I passed the interview (which took all of 15 minutes) but will not take the oath until after I get back from Vision. So I hope to do that this month in time to get my US passport for Splendour.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi everyone, another beautiful day in our neighborhood, sun is shining............bet it's not shining in Columbus today!! Sad Guess it another "wait until next year'!!

Congratulations Jean#2 for becoming half a citizen..........I'm sure that's your good half!! Laughing Have fun on your upcoming cruise. Oh, and don't forget to practice your strokes

Diane & Kathy, thanks for your sympathies............we are so used to being the bridesmaid around here, that we really don't even get excited. I must say the first quarter was rather exciting.

Jul, how scary for you and your family. Hope everyone is OK. We just had some rain and a little wind, but we are supposed to get storms this afternoon.

Sheila, again Bon Voyage.................have a wonderful visit with Sandy and a great cruise.

Have a great day....................
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:01 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Congratulations Jean#2 for becoming half a citizen..........I'm sure that's your good half!! Laughing Have fun on your upcoming cruise. Oh, and don't forget to practice your strokes
Patti - Thanks. Sorry about the Buckeyes.

Hope everyone has calmer weather from now on. Jul - it must have been terrifying to have that happen. The weather is getting crazy. When even Nevada has a flood, you know there's something strange going on.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Hey everyone!

Welcome home Jean #1!

Hi Jean #2! How does it feel to be half American? Wink

Well I am going crazy, we survived Storm#2 with lightening and hail during our Scout tree recycling day on Saturday then had my Mom's 80th birthday on Sunday. Which was nice, we had 18 family members in church and then went to Brunch.

We now have another storm due in today, but nothing like what Jul is having. Glad you are okay, I think I would just stay in the basement!
I am busy reprogramming all the phones in our building that lost their memory after the power outage, the battery back up never seems to work!

I ordered magnets from Cafe Press for my Scrapbooking cruise, and instead of sending me two sets of 10 magnets they sent me 2 magnets for $30 and they were very poor quality and very blurry, I am very disappointed!

Bon Voyage Sheila!

Jen
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:44 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Hey everyone!

Welcome home Jean #1!

Well I am going crazy, we survived Storm#2 with lightening and hail during our Scout tree recycling day on Saturday then had my Mom's 80th birthday on Sunday. Which was nice, we had 18 family members in church and then went to Brunch.

We now have another storm due in today, but nothing like what Jul is having. Glad you are okay, I think I would just stay in the basement!
I am busy reprogramming all the phones in our building that lost their memory after the power outage, the battery back up never seems to work!

I ordered magnets from Cafe Press for my Scrapbooking cruise, and instead of sending me two sets of 10 magnets they sent me 2 magnets for $30 and they were very poor quality and very blurry, I am very disappointed!

Bon Voyage Sheila!

Jen
Jen, call CafePress back........they have a very good replacement program.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:55 pm

PH8 wrote:

Jill--you sure have alot of cruises booked..........are you DP yet???

Almost, when I get there I will mail my pin to Patti for shining lol! !!!

Jul: Glad that you are safe and sound...

Jean #2 Congrat on becoming 1/2 citizen Cheers ...

Diane: When are you getting off being on call, can't remember, another case of "CRS"
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Hey everyone!

Welcome home Jean #1!

Bon Voyage Sheila!

Jen
Jen, call CafePress back........they have a very good replacement program.

I emailed them last night, and just got a return email, saying they are redoing them, I just hope they don't send me 2 again instead of 20! I thought the magnets from our Alaska cruise looked really nice, so that's why I did them.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Jill: I go off call Thursday morning at 8:30.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Happy Tuesday   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Went to get my hair cut yesterday and ooooooooooooo....she cut it too short...oh well, it'll grow.

Jean - Johnny O did get off with us and went to England and Scotland...said he wouldn't be back until Feb.

I got some Valentine decorations yesteday for our cabin and table on the Vision. Also got little boxes of candy hearts for our tablemates....fun, fun, fun.

Bon Voyage Sheila....check your email.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Sheila & Bob - Have a fabulous time, and make sure they serve you Grand Marnier Souffle. Wink We shall be here pouting. Hopefully we can make the Feb 1 connection.

Julie - OMG - How scary for you! Glad you're ok, but now you have a flood in your living room??? Can it be dried out or maybe new flooring will be in your future.

Jean2 - Congratulations! The Fernley flood was due to a levee bursting, but we do have some floods. Experienced one first hand about 4 years ago, was really scary. Took 6 hours to find a way home from work which is only 6 miles. It was a freak storm that lasted about 1/2 hour but the flooding was horrible. It actually seemed like a hurricane in the desert.

Jean - How is Fido and Carmen?

Marilyn - Fabulous avatar (forgot to mention that earlier).

Barb - Break a leg tomorrow!!!! Only meant in the best way. Enjoyed seeing you enjoying yourselves.

Early bedtime for me...just couldn't get to sleep last night.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Kathy, I just got an email response from Francois Wache who is the Hotel Director on Splendour. It's just our luck that he will not be on board when we do our b2b! Sad Sad Sad

I requested information on the dining times, as I had heard conflicting reports.........here is our dining schedule..........and "he" typed what is below. So, if you want to touch the screen, you may!!!! roflmao But, please be gentle!!!

Main Seating 7:00 pm and Second seating 9:30 pm for the first voyage starting March 22, 2008

&

Main Seating 7:30 pm and Second Seating 10:00 pm for your second voyage starting April 6, 2008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Have a great time on the Grandeur Sheila...When are you going to Hawaii???

I'm back to chat a little because I'm finished packing and TV sucks geek Bags are at the door and I'm ready to Rock and Roll. Cheers

Jill I leave on Feb 1st with my younger daughter who actually wants her old mom to tag along. Yay We will be visiting with our friend who was also her bff growing up. Her husband is deployed to Iraq so we'll keep her busy for a while. Bob and I were Youth Leaders when she and her husband and our DD were teens in the church so it's so gratifying that she feels that we are important in her and her DH's life and she feels like she wants to somehow give back by having me to stay with her which is so great since she lives in paradise. Last time we visited she took me to the "Lost" beach, it was so cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:57 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Made it thru all the storms......hope u do (did) too Patti.....

3am jumped up to running to the basement......thought the roof was coming off.....haven't had one like that in a looooonnnngggg time.......scary, blew the back door open and flooded the living room (strange since it was locked and shut).....finally calm by about 4ish...dead tired today tho!

Have a great day y'all

jul Smile

Jul. It's bad enough but I'm glad it wasn't worse. How scary. I havn't had to experience tornadoes but I worry about my DS and family in Illinois.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next