Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires

Go down 
+17
NYC PD
Lisa D
Giovani
Cunard Cruiser
Andy The Sailor Man
cruizinmimi
Ronnie
Scorpio Gal
AmbianceTraveler
RCCL Fan
Murphy
Down The Shore Guy
Ugly Betty Fan
Murray S
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Hopeful Henry
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Empty
PostSubject: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm

This is from an email I received from Host Bob, let's all pray for his safety and the safety of everyone being effected by these dangerous and deadly fires in California.

"Hi Everyone,

Due to the current fire situation in San Diego, the Worldview Travel office in Solana Beach will be closed until further notice. All phone lines for that office will be routed to our Santa Ana office.

As of now the LaJolla office is open with a minimal staff,
however we may have to close this office as well due to the smoke and air
quality. If we close the LaJolla office, those phone lines will also be
routed to our Santa Ana location.

The phone circuits are jammed and it may be difficult for us to receive or make calls. I will be working from home as soon as I evacuate the Solana Beach office and will have limited access to email. Rest assured any reservation requests will be handled as quickly as possible.

In the event any of you need to reach me, please call my
cell phone- 813-394-2956, please use this for emergencies only as we’ve been asked to keep the cell lines open for the emergency personnel.

I appreciate everyone’s patience as we get through this difficult time.

Thanks!"
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:55 pm

Bob - Please take every precaution necessary! You and yours will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Take care Bob, we need you here!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Best wishes for Host Bob and all our Cruise Freek families who are experiencing these fires.
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:48 pm

Just read the email. Hope everyone in Southern California is ok with special hopes for Host Bob and all our Cruise Freek friends located there. God's speed.
Back to top Go down
Ugly Betty Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ugly Betty Fan

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 7:20 pm

I had to pop on when I read the email too. Hoping and praying that all our CA Cruise Freeks come through this horrific ordeal ok.
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Can't believe what I'm seeing on the news! I travel to Southern CA often for business and know the fire season well. Never, ever have I seen anything like it.

Best wishes for all Southern CA residents!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Goodness! Please take care Bob and anyone else impacted by the fires. The pictures are unbelievable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:30 pm

I hope everyone in CA made it through the night safely. I can't even begin to imagine what you're all experiencing! Please be safe all...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 2:24 pm

Update from Bob as of 1:20 pm (Eastern Time):

Hi Everyone,

It was necessary for us to close our LaJolla office this
morning. Both LaJolla and Solana Beach offices will remain closed until
further notice.

All phone lines for each office have been transferred tour Santa Ana
location. We do have a few agents working remotely from home, however
power outages may render us incapable of accessing email.

Should anyone have a travel emergency, our Santa Ana staff
will do their best to assist you. All email requests will be answered as soon
as possible.

We thank you in advance for your patience as well get
through this very difficult time. For those of you in the affected areas, our
thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
RCCL Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RCCL Fan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:32 pm

Keep safe Host Bob!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:18 pm

You're in my prayers Host Bob, hope everything is over soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Scorpio Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Scorpio Gal

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:30 pm

Best of luck to everyone who is suffering in the CA fires
Back to top Go down
http://grandprincessholidaycruise2008.blogspot.com/
Ronnie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ronnie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:07 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Southern California.
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Host Bob and to all those living in Southern California, please keep safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I pray the fires will be over with soon and you will be able to get back to living your lives.

God Speed
Linda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:46 am

We're keeping tabs on all of our friends & family still in SoCalif ... and all of SoCalif is in our prayers!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:46 am

My continued prayers for those in Southern Cal today, especially for our friends and loved ones from Cruise Freeks.
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 am

God bless those in harms way, those fighting the fires, and all our Cruise Freek friends and Board Hosts who are being effected by this devastation.
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Giovani

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:59 am

Host Bob and Host Ivanova and anyone else who lives or has friends and family in Southern California, you are in my prayers. God willing, this will come to an end soon!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Update from Bob - Good News!   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 pm

Good news from Host Bob!

Good Morning Everyone,

I’m happy to announce the LaJolla office will re-open this morning. Based on the current situation, we expect to re-open our Solana Beach office tomorrow. Our Solana Beach phone lines have been forwarded to our Santa Ana office, and several agents from that office are also working remotely from home.

Most of our staff who had been evacuated will be returning home today. As of 2am this morning, I’m on standby to evacuate due to the fires at Camp Pendleton, although I seriously doubt (read hope) this will be necessary. I’ve been experiencing several power interruptions this morning and will continue to work from home as much as possible.

I’m pleased to report none of our staff has any damage or loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to our clients, friends and family who are still in areas affected by the fires.

Thank you all for your patience and support while we work through this difficult time!
Back to top Go down
Lisa D
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lisa D

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:30 pm

So glad to hear Host Bob is doing ok so far, my fingers are crossed for all in SoCal
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Best wishes for all in the effected areas! Glad to hear Host Bob is still relatively safe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
Chadds Ford Traveler
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm

Everyone is Southern Cal will continue to be in my prayers tonight. Gods speed to those in the fire zones.
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:55 pm

So glad to hear positive news from Bob, our thoughts and prayers continue to be with everyone in the fire storms.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Celebrity Infinity Ship Inspection with Host Bob CANCELLED   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Just wanted to pass this along if you were going to attend the Celebrity Infinity ship inspection with Host Bob this coming Sunday.

Hi Everyone,

Due to the San Diego fires, Celebrity has cancelled this
Sunday’s ship tour onboard the Infinity. Celebrity may be
re-routing the ship to the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro instead of coming into San Diego. Anyone scheduled to disembark or embark on Sunday’s cruise may want to contact their TA or Celebrity for updated information.

I’ll be exploring the schedules to see which Celebrity ships will be calling
in either San Diego or Los Angeles in the near future and will reschedule the tour as soon as I have confirmation from the cruise line.

I apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at our next event.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires   A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A message from Host Bob regarding the California Fires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next