Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dress for dining

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jambow

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-29

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 pm

In early June I am sailing to Alaska on Holland America. I am a senior, male and this will be my first cruise since Marine Corps troop ships hundreds of years ago. My main interests will be what I do and see in Alaska along with the sights on the cruise. I am least interested in the dining. Holland America recommends Smart Casual for dinners and for two formal dinners either tuxedos or jacket and ties. Since my packing will be mainly for bear and whale watching trips and fishing, I want to pack the least "Smart Formal wear" that I can without standing out like a sore thumb. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks, jambow
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Welcome to the board.

On the Holland America site I think they would have guidelines for their dress code , did you look there ? I have snot ailed with HAL so I can't comment first hand. But I would think if you wearing a suit and tie for formal, you could wear the same jacket without a tie for smart casual.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Welcome to the board.

I have snot ailed with HAL

EEEEEEEWWW Shocked
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:50 pm

I wish there was a spell checker, then again it would not have saved me Embarassed
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:28 pm

lordoftime wrote:
I wish there was a spell checker, then again it would not have saved me Embarassed

Freudian slip?
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Jambow, Smart casual would be a pair of khakis or like cotton pants, or even dressier pants if you prefer, and a collared shirt- either short/long-sleeved button down or a nice polo shirt. No jacket or tie necessary but you could opt for a sport coat if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dress for dining Empty
PostSubject: Re: dress for dining   dress for dining Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dress for dining
Page 1 of 1