Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?

Go down 
+4
Ajani
KKathy
Admin
NYC Cruiser
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Empty
PostSubject: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 pm

It's always a hot topic, maybe it should get it's own thread?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:16 pm

Hmmmm - this could get sticky...

Let's see how it goes, if flaming gets to be a problem when the board gets going over the dress code topic, then we'll have to come up with a solution but, a specific category about Dress Codes is actually a good idea.

What do you think about calling it Dress Codes and Fashion Discussions?
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
KKathy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:36 am

I spend a majority of my time on fashion boards and love them! Although, I do have to agree that "dress code" threads tend to get nasty real quick.

I even have a hard time with the term "dress code" as the majority of cruise lines don't even use the term, they state "suggested attire" the term even sounds high schoolish. It drives me crazy over on CC that the moderators move the argumentative threads from the line specific boards to the Fashion Board, it makes that board seem so unfriendly.

So....Fashion Board yes....Dress Codes, no way! That is my vote, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:12 pm

I have to agree with KKathy, dress codes are very flammable - go with a general Cruise Fashion forum.
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:24 pm

One more vote for "no" on the dress code thread. Way too much flaming and just plain "nasty" remarks.

Linda
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:38 pm

I would vote for a "Fashion Board" as what to wear is such an important topic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Joe A
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe A

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:27 am

Actually, there has been a Cruise Fashions section implemented:

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Cruise-Fashions-f22/
Back to top Go down
plainjane83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Hmmmm - this could get sticky...

Let's see how it goes, if flaming gets to be a problem when the board gets going over the dress code topic, then we'll have to come up with a solution but, a specific category about Dress Codes is actually a good idea.

What do you think about calling it Dress Codes and Fashion Discussions?

I think it would be better to call it "cruise dress"-I think "dress codes" could be taken as a negative by some posters and would just start the flaming-and since there is no real "fashion" on the mainstream cruiselines-why even use the word.

From other cruise messageboards I know that many new cruisers think they have to spend thousands of dollars to be "dressed" for a cruise and then they go to dinner and find many wearing jeans. Then they come back and post that they have been "mislead" by others posting on the board.

I owuld love to see a board where we just discuss how we like to dress and what we want to take with us and stop telling people they can't wear jeans and velvet. I am sick of that from other boards.

Maybe you could post a general guideline at the top-of what cruiselines recomend as wear for casual and formal nights. That way new cruisers could read that and could not say they were mislead by other posters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?   Do I dare say it?  Should there be a dress code thread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do I dare say it? Should there be a dress code thread?
Page 1 of 1