Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning--still cold here--soon it will be spring

Jean--safe travels

Just spent a half hour on the phone changing reservations AGAIN, Ken was going to fly to FL and bring aunt here to assisted living next week, she wants to wait until May now--I just made these reservations last week
He is so calm about all of this--

back later--wishing all a great MONDAY
Ban :taz: Jedi :@#$: ImSorry . wow, guess all you can do is just smile. I don't know the situation with the aunt, but we went through that a little with my mom --before the stroke. we were giving her choices, thinking we were doing the right thing. THEN we were told that people with dementia can't handle choices OOPS and so the best thing to do is just make the decision for them and stick with it and tell them what they will do. keep in mind that she may NEVER be ready to leave FL, so May may come & she will want July. my mom wanted to do post stroke rehab in Corpus & her doc played the bad guy for us --asked us what we wanted to do & told her NOPE you need to go where you're going and get settled in. VERY SMART thing for her. she has really declined in the 9 months (wow has it been that long?) she has been here. anyway, I do feel your pain & again, bless y'all for taking care of her. I need to talk to my niece about me......

hcleaner wrote:
Good Morning! Supposed to get up to 48 today and mid 50's by the end of the week. Will melt all this white stuff. This had better be the last of it for the 2009 Winter.

General housecleaning here today. I need to have a garage sale. We've got way too much "stuff".
ok I won't rub it in, but we will be 81 today, 55 this morning. HEY just think you really have had the last snow for winter 2009, because it is really spring 2009 Wink sorry I couldn't resist

On the itinerary, is there a possibility that it can change once the schedules are published? there are a number of ports we have never been to, so I am excited. never have been on a cruise at Christmas or New Year's. not sure my sister has even told my poor bil, but he won't go because it is too long. he gets antsy at 5 days, not us..... that will be wierd tho the vast difference between the weather from here to NY then to the Caribbean---ok I am going to do my Martha impersonation can we go yet??????????????

sorry to be so wordy, geez

have a great day all, I'm off to San Antonio to run errands
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Morning everyone, it is cloudy but the grass is still green! I love the weather people, they say it's going to be sunny this afternoon but a blustery 45 degrees. HELLO........45 degrees in March is balmy. Shocked

Nancy, sorry about auntie, but hopefully things will get sorted out.

We had the same problem with my uncle when he developed dementia. We knew it was time to put him in a nursing home when he was calling us at 3AM telling us that somebody was in one of the upstairs bedrooms with a gun!

Brens, as always "itinerary subject to change without notice". Surprised However, I don't remember this cruise on Explorer in December ever having a change unless it would be due to weather.

Have a great day................
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Really need to start putting the change and bills in the cruise jar for this one. It does have some nice ports. Will be interesting to see what airfare will be like when it gets closer to the time as well.

The email said not to contact Marilyn regarding this cruise but contact Tina, since I already filled out a interest form do I still need to do anything??
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:21 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Really need to start putting the change and bills in the cruise jar for this one. It does have some nice ports. Will be interesting to see what airfare will be like when it gets closer to the time as well.

The email said not to contact Marilyn regarding this cruise but contact Tina, since I already filled out a interest form do I still need to do anything??

Not unless you want to change something Laughing ...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Morning Polar Bears!

Ginny I don't think you need to do anything, we already sent in prebooking forms, if I remember correctly. And I don't think actual bookings have opened up yet.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank You Ladies,

Then I will just sit back and enjoy the ride. Very Happy

Shuffling paperwork this morning and hope to get to Costco this afternoon. Wishing you'll a pleasant day. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi all..........home again..........had a super duper time..........(I posted this and more a little bit ago,but my *&^!! modem went out right after I posted).....

So let me play catch up and Ill post more later...........hope everyone is ok.........
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi All,
In case some of you didn't get the email from the Cruise Freek Board....Tina has Stage III Breast Cancer and there is a thread now for you to send wishes to her:

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/i-just-have-to-say-f51/tina-postive-thoughts-and-prayers-coming-your-way-t3230.htm#53005

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi!! everyone. Just in from work and chores. I have our small group tonight so I have to spruce up a little and read the material. We leave home in 10 days and I don't feel very organized. I have to get busy with that too. I guess I'l call today for my amenities since they haven't called me yet.

Kathy welcome home. Can't wait for your report.

Jean safe trip home.

Bob's not home yet, he still has his little charges 'til tonight Bless him. I must say I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. Laughing

Weather here is freezing again after 76 yesterday. The storm I described yesterday tore up trees and toppled mobile homes in Lancaster County and the experts are going up there today to see if it was a tornado.

Off to get something done.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 pm

PH8 wrote:
Hi all..........home again..........had a super duper time..........(I posted this and more a little bit ago,but my *&^!! modem went out right after I posted).....

So let me play catch up and Ill post more later...........hope everyone is ok.........
Hey welcome home............lots happened while you were gone regarding C&A.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Morning all

Welcome home Kathy

Good luck with you auntie Nancy.....

chiro appt at 3 so not much time for computer today

Trying to type is KILLING me so I'll ketchup later!

have a good day y'all

j
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Received an invitation to book the Allure from RCCL. Booking opens on April 2nd for D+ 8:00 AM EDT, April 8th for all C&A memebers and general public April 13th.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Received an invitation to book the Allure from RCCL. Booking opens on April 2nd for D+ 8:00 AM EDT, April 8th for all C&A memebers and general public April 13th.

I got the same email flower
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:30 pm

At first before opening the e-mail my heart started beating faster. Eyes and brain do not always connect and thought process goes out the window. Thought they were sending a different type of invite. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 pm

welcome home Kathy

I got the e-mail from Tina, how sad. thanks for the link Mar

the booking has not opened up yet for the mystery cruise. I have been in contact with Marilyn as I was trying to transfer a booking to her so I could use the deposit, but I won't go there Evil or Very Mad with cruise.com. anyway, she said she was working with RCCL right now on whatever it is she can do ahead of time. she seems very nice to deal with.

allure, huh? does it say when it will be sailing? all I know is that for the oasis inaugural, there was a $1000 difference on the D2 from the D+ booking & when we booked after it was opened to C&A, but before public & then it went up more. I don't knwo if we will even go on the oasis. we have 2 booked to do that, 1 I know we will transfer to something else, the other, not sure we will do as it is the Oct before the mystery cruise.

gotta get some things done, been in SA all day. It is 86 here--stupid weather....
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Welcome home Kathy we missed you. Hope you had a good time. What rumors did you hear while on board?

Sad news about Tina.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey There Kathy welcome home Very Happy Hope you had a great time!

Okay I decided to upgrade and I am now in a Grand Suite on the Mariner. HappyHappyJoyJoy

They had a senior rate and so............... in a moment of weakness I gave in to the desire for a suite.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Hey There Kathy welcome home Very Happy Hope you had a great time!

Okay I decided to upgrade and I am now in a Grand Suite on the Mariner. HappyHappyJoyJoy

They had a senior rate and so............... in a moment of weakness I gave in to the desire for a suite.

Very Happy
congrats--the new suite benefits are nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Can someone advise me as to why a 3rd person on our upcoming cruise is charged more than the first two? We're going on Radiance Nov. 30, 2009 out of San Diego. Mexican Riviera. Its an inside room "M". The first two people are $719 and the third person is $799. I can't figure that out. I always thought the 3rd or 4th persons were less or the same price.

I was checking the invoices today because I called yesterday for a price drop on this cruise. This cabin is for my sister, SIL, and a friend. The first 2 were charged the $719. But, the friend is $799. Could this be a mistake on the website?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Wendy......nope, I've seen it where the 3/4 is higher than 1/2...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Wendy, are the first two booked on a special rate?

Jul, how was the chiro?

Ginny, WTG! Woo hoo! When are you going? Is that the one I canceled?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks Jul. But, I still think that's crazy. I'm thankful with the two price drops we've already had for this cruise but don't understand RCCL's thinking. People traveling with their children sure take a hit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Jen, nope. First two, regular going rate. Not senior or any other discount used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Time for DWTS. Now don't any of you give that computer geek a sympathy vote. I can't belive he's still there. He needs to go and so does Hef's ex girlfriend. Enough of this Cloris Leachman voting.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 pm

That is weird Wendy, I have never actually seen that before. Still a pretty good price for an 11 night cruise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next