Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update from Nina

Go down 
+13
dream2cruise
AmbianceTraveler
NYC PD
mytee4ever
JJ2sail
Cruise Liner Fan
Pam M
Sweet Home Chicago
VJMorrow
Ajani
NDJollyMon
Former Cruise Critic
Admin
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I just received an email from Nina Very Happy Below is a direct quote from Nina's email regarding herself and the baby:

Nina wrote:
"First, I'm doing really good! Healing well and considering the
circumstances emotionally stable! I'm at my sister's (2 minute's from
the hospital) getting a meal and cleaned up so thought I would send a
quick update. Bennet (means Blessed) Bernard (after my Grandpa but also
means Strong like a bear) Van Harn is doing well overall! His lungs
need help but he is off the respirator and just on oxygen assistance.
He's having trouble maintaining his blood sugar levels but they hope
that by starting him on tube feedings of breastmilk it will help with
that. He has no heart or brain problems for which we are really
gratefull! He is so sweet and tiny but he opened his eyes and looked at
me last night and I just know he is going to be ok! I was so happy
because I was finally able to hold him for the first time last night,
36 hours after he was born! It will be 2-3 weeks at best before he
comes home, normal is 4-6 weeks so we are hoping for God to do a
miracle and the 2-3 weeks will be us!"

Also this is to announce that the official time of birth was 9:10am. I did
a fast check and it doesn't appear anyone has that exact guess -
although a few were remarkably close! I will go over the guesses again
- if no one guessed 9:10am exactly - we will have a drawing of all
those within 90 minutes of Bennet Bernard's birth. If a drawing is
necessary, it will take place today at noon.

Good luck and stay tuned!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:57 am

Nina we will continue to pray until both you and Bennet are home! However, your email message comes as a great relief! Please continue to take care and rest up - we miss you!

Nick and Leanna Natale
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Nina, James and Bennet...

May God continue to shine strength upon Bennet and may he come home soon.

Patrick

Last edited by PaddyGoesCruising on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Nina we all miss you and will continue to pray for you and Bennet. I'm so happy you're doing so well under the circumstance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Hugs and Love for Bennet and family, you are in my prayers until you are both home safely.

Christina
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Continued thoughts and prayers from me to you and Bennet
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Best wishes for Nina and her family
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Great news! Thanks for the update. My Grandaughter was premature...and it is a scary thing. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 pm

wonderful news!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks for the update. So glad he is doing well. I love his name too! Welcome to the world little Bennet!
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:30 pm

Nina, hope everything continues to be positive and that you and Bennet are home soon!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Great choice in names! I hope all keeps going well for you and your family Cool
Back to top Go down
Sweet Home Chicago
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Sweet Home Chicago

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 am

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Nina so very glad that Bennet is beginning to improve - prayers that he comes home quickly!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Nina, I pray for the Best of Health for you,your family and your newborn son Bennet.Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:49 pm

Congratulations, Nina
A little boy! Very Happy And Bennet is such a meaningful name as well. I hope you two will be fealing 100% very soon! We miss seeing your postings!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Love the name Bennet! So glad everything is going well, Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm glad to hear that he is progressing nicely & hoping that he continues to do well!!

Towanda
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Nina - you, James and Bennet are in my thoughts and prayers that everyone gets home fast and healthy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm just popping on here before getting some much needed sleep but wanted to give you all a little update.

First, I am ever so touched by the outpouring of encouragement, prayers and support of everyone! This has been a very trying and emotional road and knowing that so many people are thinking and praying for us is so nice!! I'm also glad to hear that everyone seems to like his name Very Happy We didn't come up with it until he was over a day old but found it while going over the internet name lists by meanings. I read it out loud and said "I kind of like this" to which James responded "I do to". Then we tried with my Grandpa's name (same grandpa who just lost his wife) and it flowed so well we knew we had a winner I love you

Bennet continues to improve and grow stronger daily. He no longer needs supplimental oxygen but is still on the CPAP machine to help keep his lungs inflated so he doesn't have to work so hard to breath. His tube feedings are increasing and they hope to have him off the IV in a week. He has jaundice so will be tanning for awhile until his liver can catch up and work like it's supposed to. Other than those things we are praising God that there doesn't appear to be any other complications, diseases or other physical problems. He is a healthy boy who just needs some time and help to finish growing. If everything goes well we should be able to take him home in another two weeks! This in it's self is wonderful because their goal is to have the baby's home at least by their due dates, any sooner is considered better than average.

I have been doing surprisingly well. Normally, I sleep, eat and take care of a new baby and never leave the house for a solid week after delivery. This time I was discharged from our local hospital just 7 hours after birth (They don't transfer the mother from one hospital to the other in these situations unless the mother has complications) and have been going to the NICU in our nearest major city 35minutes away everyday for most the day without any complications or setbacks. God has showed Himself strong in many areas of this situation including my super speedy recovery.

They still haven't determined the cause and probably won't as there wasn't any indications proceeding the labor that would have been a trigger or even an indication it was coming. Bennet just decided quickly and with speed that he wanted out!

I'm trying get a picture to post but if it doesn't work I will send it to Tina to post. I'm not sure when I will be officially back on the boards but know that I'm doing well, Bennet is doing great and we will look forward to getting back to a normal route soon!

Thank you all again for your encouragement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 am

Great news Nina! The prayers must be working. Try to keep your spirits high during this trying time. Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 am

Nina,

I wanted to give you my support. My son was also a preemie, we called him our little christmas tree because he got jaundice so bad they wrapped him up in lights and covered his eyes. You would turn off the bedroom lights and he would light up the room!!!!.

He stayed in the hospital for about a month and I am glad to say he is six feet tall, 200 pounds and one of the smartest kids in the school. While he was in elementary school he scored the highest FCAT in all the school for 5 consecutive years!!!.

So you see, your son will not only be strong, also smart and gorgeous!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 am

Nina....he looks wonderful!!!

I imagine he knew you wanted him before Jan 1 to make sure he could make the July 1 cruise with the 6 month limit and he was not taking any chances he couldn't go!! A new cruiser is born!

Babies are definitely a true miracle. It still amazes me when I look at my new grandson twins that share Bennet's birthday. They are just soo tiny and unbelievable.

We'll keep praying that he gets stronger every day and gets to go home soon.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:51 am

Nina he is adorable!!! I'm so happy things are continuing on the upswing for you! And, again, if you need ANYTHING please don't think twice about asking me or Nick, we're more than happy to help in any way possible!

Leanna
Back to top Go down

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 am

Nina, it's so good hearing from you! I'm so very happy things are positive and that Bennet will be coming home so early - you can tell the girls he's an early Christmas present! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update from Nina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Nina   Update from Nina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update from Nina
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next