Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fellow dieters out there?

Go down 
+6
Admin
Dr Donna
thevacationstop
4 Leaf Clover
mytee4ever
HelenB
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Any fellow dieters out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Post here to help encourage and support each other
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 am

I'm one of those people who diets when not on a cruise, and then pigs out the entire cruise! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:33 am

I need to change eating habits permanently (versus "dieting") and really need to crack down ... health issues demand it ... I need the encouragement, and would be more than happy to reciprocate. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 am

Susan and Helen glad to see I'm not alone in the diet quest. I've been at it for just about a year at this point and have lost 50 pounds and have been at a plateau for about 5 weeks now, just getting discouraged so I figured if I started this thread, I'd have more reason to keep on the diet and not give up.
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

According to most weight charts, I'm about 10 pounds over where I should be. I think I would feel better though with 25 pounds gone. Most every relative on the family tree in the previous generation has/had high blood pressure. My grandmother died from complications from a stroke. Have had a few higher than my normal blood pressure readings & I'm sure the extra weight might have something to do with that.

I have a full physical scheduled for 2/25/09 (first available date!!) & I'll have a long conversation with the doctor then. In the meanwhile, I will try to get the butt moving. Excercise will get the ball rolling...I hope!

Towanda
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm a lifetime yo-yo dieter - currently up by 50 pounds. I'd love to drop 30 - 50 by next summer and what better way than sensibly and with Cruise Freek friends! Great idea for starting this thread!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:57 pm

I've been heavy all my life. Then I gained about 60 pounds on a medication before I could convince the doctor to try something else. I finally ended up about 110 pounds over the suggested weight chart. About 3 years ago my wife suggested we both attempt to lose 50 by 50. That is lose 50 pounds by 50 years old. She is about 2 pounds from her goal, and I've lost about 30 so far. We both have almost exactly 1 year to go. Her 49th was this past Sunday, and mine is next Monday.

We are using what we call the starvation diet. I eat nothing for breakfast. One package of 6 peanut butter crackers for lunch, another about 3PM, and then a normal dinner. Resist as many snacks as possible. I do this M - F, and eat more normally on weekends. I know it is not the healthiest diet, but it is the first that has allowed me to keep weight off for any thing of time. By doing it only 5 days a week makes it bearable.

Only 20 more till goal! Only 80 more to make weight chart. I'll be really happy to lose 40 more and get back to the weight I was when I got married at 28 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
HelenB
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 am

Steve, I actually do something similar. I skip breakfast (have for years - just not a breakfast person) then have one big meal for lunch (1,500 calories) and then skip dinner. One meal a day, but it's big enough that I'm satisfied for the rest of the day. And yes, if I've done well in the week I treat myself a bit more on weekends.

Have you heard about the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet? That's basically the original template for this kind of dieting. It's based on the idea that some people can't just be satisfied with a few carbs, and have to binge whenever they have them. That's me to a T.

Last edited by HelenB on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:29 pm

I commend you all for your strive for weight loss. Before dieting please check with your doctor to be sure you may start a weight loss program and receive information how to obtain your goals in a sensible manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Donna,

Thanks! Since my weight loss is medically driven (diabetes) doc is definitely involved. I can't go the "starvation diet" route since that would actually worsen my problems. I need to do more frequent (smaller) meals throughout the day, trying to avoid carbs (which is ubber hard for me since I'm such a carb addict), and lowfat (thanks to having no gall bladder any more). Fun stuff (not).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Susan, I started my diet last year because the doctor told me I was borderline diabetic - so, that was motivation - here I am a year later, 50 pounds lighter and still dreaming of chocolate cake!
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Another fellow chubby here - I need to lose 40 - 50, I blame too much time sitting and not enough time being physical. Would love to join you all in discussions about weight loss, food, and the struggles that comes along with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:04 pm

ah, yes, not enough time being physical. I'm on the computer working so much, that my physical exercise is walking around the house and grocery shopping. Hubby and I have been talking about starting a walking regiment around the neighborhood at night. We just gotta get off our fat duffs and DO IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:37 pm

I know that I really need to get more active. I wanted to start doing some of the workout dvds that I own again, but ds was home for a 10 leave from the Marines. He had his gear all over the place making it hard for me to get to sweating! He left on Thursday for Camp Pendleton, CA (he's never been that far away from home before & mom is struggling with that at the moment Sad ). At least he is still in the USA! Anyway, the excuses are gone now & hopefully I will be get down to business no later than Monday.

Someone call me on this one! At least if I know someone is going to cyber-yell at me, it might motivate me to get it in gear.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Everyone,

I've started a Team on SparkPeople.com for Cruise Freek Forums. Our Team Name is "Cruise Freeks Get Ship Shape" and here is our link: http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=26543

SparkPeople.com is an online weight loss community that helps you reach your goals by helping you record your eating habits and your activities.

Everyone is invited whether you just want to be social, need to lose weight or need to maintain what you've lost. The community also has experts to help you along the way. It's free to join!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 pm

SparkPeople.com is a very good weight loss community! Excellent choice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've started a Team on SparkPeople.com for Cruise Freek Forums. Our Team Name is "Cruise Freeks Get Ship Shape" and here is our link: http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=26543

SparkPeople.com is an online weight loss community that helps you reach your goals by helping you record your eating habits and your activities.

Everyone is invited whether you just want to be social, need to lose weight or need to maintain what you've lost. The community also has experts to help you along the way. It's free to join!

Tina

Cool! I'm going to sign up right now! Very Happy See you all over there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Here's the link again so you can find it easier: http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=26543
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm

I just got off the Crown Princess yesterday, and stepped on the scale last night. I now have to re-lose about 8 pounds. Lousy for the diet, but a very good cruise. I'll post a review in the proper section once I have some time to write it.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
OceanGoingGal

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:08 am

Hi, I live my life on the Atkins Lifestyle. I love it!! Have lost 80 lbs at it. I allow myself to relax during a cruise, no avoiding carbs on a ship. Last cruise I had trouble after getting back on track. doing fine now and heading downward again.

OceanGoingGal
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruznutsplace.iforums.us

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down
The Really Odd Couple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Really Odd Couple

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Thanks! We will sign up later today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 pm

I really should do something like this - after the holidays of course Razz
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm

I signed up! I really like the website. I lost 4 lbs the first week! Working on my second week. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 am

Wow, really Jen? Maybe I really should look into this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fellow dieters out there?   Any fellow dieters out there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fellow dieters out there?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next