Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings Fellow Cunarders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Life from the Porthole
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Life from the Porthole

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Greetings Fellow Cunarders Empty
PostSubject: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:48 am

I received an invitation from Tina (old and dear friend) to come over to check out Cruise Freek Forums. Hi all.

Last edited by Life from the Porthole on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Welcome to the boards! Would you prefer to be called Life or Porthole? Or just LftP? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Cruising Diva
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Diva

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Hey Danny, glad to see the first of my recruits have made here Very Happy Let's see who else takes up the invitation!
Back to top Go down
Life from the Porthole
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Life from the Porthole

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:58 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Welcome to the boards! Would you prefer to be called Life or Porthole? Or just LftP? Very Happy

LMAO - Danny works just fine
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:43 am

Danny it is then Smile
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 1:41 pm

None of us is a Cunarder. Cunarders are ships.

Not people.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:29 am

Kindlychap wrote:
None of us is a Cunarder. Cunarders are ships.

Not people.

How about Cunardites ?? ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Matthew, while what you say may be true we are a very laid back board and do not usually point out such particulars here Smile We do our best to have a very positive overtone so as to be very welcoming to all, not just those who are Cunard experts. Really, JGSmuzzy's board is more geared toward those long timers.

However, we do appreciate education in the Cunard traditions and history. Although, a more positive manner would be greatly appreciated. Smile If not Cunarders perhaps you could enlighten us to the proper term used on that side of the pond?

Most Kindly,
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:55 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Matthew, while what you say may be true we are a very laid back board and do not usually point out such particulars here Smile We do our best to have a very positive overtone so as to be very welcoming to all, not just those who are Cunard experts. Really, JGSmuzzy's board is more geared toward those long timers.

However, we do appreciate education in the Cunard traditions and history. Although, a more positive manner would be greatly appreciated. Smile If not Cunarders perhaps you could enlighten us to the proper term used on that side of the pond?

Most Kindly,

I'd have thought that a mistake that is commonly made is worth pointing out. I am aware that there is apparently little experience of Cunard on this board, which is a pity. And I would have thought that those who have significant experience of life with Cunard would be an asset - you don't want to land up in the same state as the Dark Side, which is currently mired in a depth of ignorance which I find horrifying - when Poodlesmom is seen as someone to give advice then there really is precious little hope left. I get the impression that most have never been on a Cunarder, although I may be wrong - your experience is QV when docked only? Or am I out of date?

Cunard passengers would seem to be an obvious term to use of those who sail on Cunarders.

As far as my written style is concerned, you'll have to bear in mind that I am not American. And also that I do tend to write in a formal manner, and that the written and spoken word are tools of my trade.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Fellow Cunarders   Greetings Fellow Cunarders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings Fellow Cunarders
Page 1 of 1