Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?

Go down 
+8
Former Cruise Critic
Ugly Betty Fan
NYC Teacher
Kenny
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Diamond Dave
Admin
Big Red Robyn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Empty
PostSubject: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:51 pm

I just got an email from someone that told me that Oasis isn't going to have group space for the inaugural? Isn't that going to make for a free-for-all trying to book? And that C&A members get first crack? What if I only cruised Royal Caribbean twice so far? Will I stand a shot at a cabin? And what happens if I have a C&A number and hubby doesn't? pale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Robyn,

Unfortunately, it looks like it might be the case for all December, 2009 cruises on Oasis. However, Susan and I are working together to come up with amenities and perks to encourage everyone to still book with us - if this is the case. The pre-cruise party being one of them!

Susan is contacting the C&A (Crown and Anchor) department to see if past guests besides the Diamond plus guests will have early access to booking.

In the meantime, hang tight until we have OFFICIAL word from Royal Caribbean. Right now nothing is confirmed...so don't hit that panic button yet.

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Yeah, what Tina said. LOL Don't panic.

C&A reps are all over the map - some say ALL C&A members can book early, others say Diamond and up, others say Diamond Plus only. They have no clue (I doubt the execs have gone so far as to tell them).

C&A booking dates will be announced in the next few weeks (hopefully before the end of July).

And what I'm being told is that at least one C&A member will have to be booked in the room to book early.

Other than that, even if RCCL doesn't let us block space we will still have a CFgroup - I'm already lining up some other TAs to help me on Sept 3 to get the bookings done as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Well this is an interesting twist... I can't speak for anyone else but, I'll still book with Cruise Freeks. Susan and Tina have put so much effort into this for us, I wouldn't feel right booking anywhere else. And, it's not like TAs can discount anymore. So, you have me. Anyone else going to keep loyal?
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm

I agree besides we have a great party planned, this is nothing to get that upset about... Don't forget this ship hold 5,400 guests. Yes, it's going to sell out but, as long as you're ready on the 3rd or before, I'm sure most will get cabin space.
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:04 pm

I was just over on CC and someone asked this same question. Then they implied they had group space. Then someone else said that a travel agent friend who claims no group space for December for Oasis quoting Vickie Free? (sp), apparently some "mucky-mucky" (CC poster words, not mine). Right now I don't think they know where they stand.

Be glad Susan and Tina are top of things. They appear clueless over there.
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I HAD to tell you guys this one, was back over on CC. The poster that questioned the group status - who's been a CC member since July, 2006 - was more or less told she (I'm assuming it's a she due to the screen name) wasn't part of the group.

YOU NEED AN INVITE TO JOIN CC GROUPS NOW??? This gets better by the minute! lol!
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Just another reason to book with Cruise Freeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes, in a live chat last Thursday Vicki Freed did say specifically no group rates will be available for the first 3 sailings (Dec 12, 19, and 26). I have emailed several people at RCCL to verify this....

Even if it is true we can work with it ... it'll be harder, but it can be done.
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:25 am

Ok, going on the assumption there is no group space and that's what we have to assume with the inaugural. How exactly is this going to work? Do we book and transfer the booking to you? If so, is there a time limit of when we need to move the booking to you?

Me confused! confused
Back to top Go down
NYC Teacher
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC Teacher

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 am

Even though I can't sail with you all Sad I've been following this with a lot of interest. I just hope Royal Caribbean has enough sense to upgrade their computer system and has all hands on deck for taking reservations on September 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:59 am

Kenny wrote:
Ok, going on the assumption there is no group space and that's what we have to assume with the inaugural. How exactly is this going to work? Do we book and transfer the booking to you? If so, is there a time limit of when we need to move the booking to you?

Me confused! confused

Susan and I are working out the details. If necessary, Susan is going to be staffed with extra travel agents to handle the call volume. In the meantime, we're going to find out directly from Royal Caribbean when C&A members can start booking. Once we have that information, we will post and email instructions how to transfer your reservation made with Royal Caribbean over to Susan.

A word of caution, if you plan on booking yourself and want to part our "non-group, group" be sure to book with Royal Caribbean directly or Susan directly. If you book with another travel agency, there is a very good chance that agency is not going to release your booking into our "group" space.

And, remember, our party is only going to be open to those who book or transfer their reservations to Susan. This way we can be sure only Cruise Freek Members and those who are our opt-in email list join us. And, we're going to give as many reasons to book with us or transfer your booking to us as possible. As soon as we have our full game plan in place we'll give you all the details but, in the meantime, we will keep you updated as much as possible. Unfortunately, this week (4th of July) is one of the biggest vacation weeks of the year and not everyone is at work and available but, we'll do our best to get the correct information to you as quickly as humanly possible.

Tina
Back to top Go down
Ugly Betty Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ugly Betty Fan

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 am

How about us newbies to cruising who have never sailed on Royal Caribbean but, still want to be party of inaugural on Oasis? How are WE suppose to get cabins?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Ugly Betty Fan,

We're going to see what we can do for those who have never sailed on Royal Caribbean or with low Crown and Anchor status. Again, this is all still in the planning stages and luckily we do have a few weeks before bookings open to get things in place.

Tina
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:44 am

Anyone know how many on CC are going to be booking the Inaugural? And how many we have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:50 am

It will help a LOT if we have pre-booking forms from everyone interested in the inaugural ... those that are C&A members and are eligible to book early, we'll book you the day the booking opens to C&A members and then everyone else we'll book on Sept 3rd.

Even if you are on the fence, submit a pre-booking form so we have your information on hand.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:58 am

Former Cruise Critic wrote:
Anyone know how many on CC are going to be booking the Inaugural? And how many we have?

Karl,

I can't speak for CC but, as of this morning, June 30th, we have 356 emails on our opt-in list. We're not exactly lightweights when it's coming to this sailing, so, everything we can do to make things easier for Susan, we're going to do it. As Susan stated, getting your pre-booking forms in is one of the best ways everyone can help out!

Tina
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Admin wrote:
Former Cruise Critic wrote:

Karl,

I can't speak for CC but, as of this morning, June 30th, we have 356 emails on our opt-in list. We're not exactly lightweights when it's coming to this sailing, so, everything we can do to make things easier for Susan, we're going to do it. As Susan stated, getting your pre-booking forms in is one of the best ways everyone can help out!

Tina

affraid 356 opt-ins? Based on double occupancy that's 712 people!!! Shocked I know that not everyone will end up booking but, now I'm really nervous I won't get a cabin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Robyn,

Don't be nervous. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm

We now have a booking system in place for both C&A members (whenever we can book them) and for general public bookings on Sept 3rd. To ensure your spot on our list, we'll need to receive your pre-booking forms no later than August 1st .... also if you are a C&A member, I'll need your C&A number and what level of membership you are at. I'll automatically book those when the C&A bookings open up.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Ivanova wrote:
We now have a booking system in place for both C&A members (whenever we can book them) and for general public bookings on Sept 3rd. To ensure your spot on our list, we'll need to receive your pre-booking forms no later than August 1st .... also if you are a C&A member, I'll need your C&A number and what level of membership you are at. I'll automatically book those when the C&A bookings open up.

Will this system take care of us with low Gold status or have never booked a Royal Caribbean cruise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Andrew wrote:
Ivanova wrote:

Will this system take care of us with low Gold status or have never booked a Royal Caribbean cruise?
We'll know more once RCCL announces the C&A booking dates (and if it'll be open to ALL C&M members, as some RCCL reps have alluded to over the past few days).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Kenny wrote:
I HAD to tell you guys this one, was back over on CC. The poster that questioned the group status - who's been a CC member since July, 2006 - was more or less told she (I'm assuming it's a she due to the screen name) wasn't part of the group.

YOU NEED AN INVITE TO JOIN CC GROUPS NOW??? This gets better by the minute! lol!

and now they say you must be on THE LIST to get more upcoming info via email......or else forget about it,you wont know.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ascot Scott
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 pm

PH8 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

and now they say you must be on THE LIST to get more upcoming info via email......or else forget about it,you wont know.. Rolling Eyes

Oh brother! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:46 pm

They also JUST made the no groups announcement today - talk about clueless!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?   Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Susan say it isn't so - no group space for Oasis?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next