Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th of July - 2009

Go down 
+62
VoyagerOne
atbcat
VJMorrow
taurus988
flowers
vlscruiser
cruiseforme
Iceman
Cold Weather Cruiser
Shelia
TV Guy
Admin
JJ2sail
I Cruise Do You Cruise
thevacationstop
mytee4ever
Dr Donna
Cruise Liner Fan
English Todd
Nigel
Rita NYC
Peter M
NOB
Ajani
Pet Vet Assistant
Ascot Scott
Scorpio Gal
Czech Mate
Loves 2 Cruise
Cruising Diva
Andrew
Big Red Robyn
Queen B
Day Tripper
Kim T
Leisure Suit Larry
Dee
Pasta Lover
MadHattener
Cunard Cruiser
Loyal Caribbean
Cruiser Brooke
Westchester Cruiser
The Sophisticated Cat
DCDuncan
BB
Kenny's CoWorker
Lady Jane
JeanMarie
Pam M
Leanna N
Dawns from NJ
NYC PD
Zorro
Gerri
Andy The Sailor Man
I'm A Cruise Junkie
Down The Shore Guy
Lorraine
4 Leaf Clover
AmbianceTraveler
Former Cruise Critic
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:46 am

I'm here ... been kinda busy lately (not complaining) that's been keeping me away from the boards ... and my daughter is home for college for Fall Break (yeah!) ... I am definitely looking forward to the July 4 2009 cruise and can't wait for it to roll around!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:29 pm

I know we're going to have a lot of fun together for 4th of July. Has anyone given any more thought for shore tour ideas in Boston or Halifax?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

In Halifax,I probably will do something with the Titantic exhibits they have............I love anything pertaining to Titanic..............

Congrats to the latest winners who will be joining us...............
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi Kathy and everyone!

I am so excited! I can't believe it! This is a cruisers dream come true!

I have only been to NY once, and my DH has never been. And we've never been to the carribbean!

HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Tome to leave the westcoast,Jen and come see the ports off the East Coast.........Dennis has never been to THE CITY either.......gonna be fun..........
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 am

Welcome aboard contest winners! I'll be in and out today (Tuesday, October 21) - getting ready to close on a new place in NYC so lots of things going on, if you have any questions, I'll get to them as soon as possible.

Does anyone have any questions in general at this time? Such as questions about getting around NYC or which airport is best? Ask away!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 am

Welcome to our newest contest winners! I'm Nick and well known as the trouble maker over here on Cunard Wink and a native New Yorker so if you have any questions feel free to ask if Tina isn't available.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:31 pm

Morning everyone!

Okay Nick! I need to know everything too! bounce

I have so many questions, I don't even know where to start.

So, maybe you guys could tell this Royal Carribean Cruiser, all about Cunard!

I know about the dress code, which is no biggy, as we also dress up on RC, even though alot of other people don't.

Other than the dress code and no Rock Climbing wall, what else is different?

What is the tipping guidelines on Cunard?

Okay, I guess that's enough to get started!

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok, I'll jump in - having sailed both lines.

Tipping:
Gratuities are automatically charged to your shipboard account for
dining room waiter, cabin steward, and other personnel. The per person
(including children) per day rates are $13 for Queen Victoria and Queen
Mary 2 accommodation with Grill dining, $11 for QE2 and QM2 passengers
who dine in the restaurants. Talk to the front desk about adjustments.

A 15% gratuity is automatically added to your bar or salon services. Award other gratuities as you deem appropriate

What's different
- Cunard is more refined and much, much, much more subdue - do not mistake that for boring but instead of hairy chest contests or games like Quest - there might be a lecture with a well known sports figure or author. A few years ago when I went on the 4th of July cruise the special guest lecturer was Dr Ruth Westheimer.

Then there are the Balls
- dancing is a big part of the Cunard experience and there will be "theme" balls. They're usually a lot of fun and a lot of people take the themes over the top and people watching is half the fun.

If you enjoy spas - you'll be in heaven - QM2 features Caynon Ranch Spa right on board and here's the link with more information: http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs/qm2-spa-club.aspx

There is a planetarium on board! Yes, a real planetarium and it is free, but, you do need to secure your tickets early in the day, they go fast. It's usually extremely interesting too.

Laundry - yes there is self laundry on-board, a bit help in cutting down on how many things to bring

And of course, there are evening shows and other on-board events. Well, that's all I can think of at the moment - just keep asking and we'll keep answering!

We're so glad to have new friends joining us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Hubby and daughter are freakin' about the dress code especially since it extends beyond dinner (tough noogies). Wink

I'll be glad for the onboard laundry - will need it day 1 of the Christmas cruise (since I'm straight from the Oasis to the OM2 and won't have time to do laundry inbetween).

Hubby doesn't dance (at all) so the balls are of no interest to him whatsoever (tough noogies again).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Welcome one and all - I'm Patrick, resident Irish flirt Wink

Marina - you forgot to mention afternoon tea! Being a British cruise line, afternoon tea is an event on Cunard! You'll enjoy white-gloved waiters serve fresh
scones with cream, finger sandwiches and premium tea in the Queens
Room.

You can also enjoy a full tea on the Promenade Deck - weather permitting

There are also movies in Illuminations (that's the planetarium)

And don't forget to have lunch at the Golden Lion Pub at least once! British classics are served such as fish and chips.

And of course, there is always dancing in G32 in the evenings - that's where you'll find me!

Last edited by PaddyGoesCruising on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks Marina!

Since I have never been to Quest or a Hairy chest or Sexy legs contest, I definately won't miss it! Subdued is nice, I am a big reader, so authors would be great, I also like to cook. Do they have cooking classes?

I do like to people watch, though I have two left feet when it comes to dancing.

The laundry is a nice perk, we always have to send our things out, on RC.

I saw a picture of the QM2 next to Splendor of the Seas, and Splendor looked like a toy boat next to it! I've always shied away form super large ships, so do you still feel like you are on a ship?
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks Patrick!

I've never been to an afternoon tea, but always wanted to!

I am thinking of bringing my teenage boys, they will be 17 and 19 next year, I think they could handle the dress code for 5 days. Will there be many teenagers on board?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm

While QM2 is very large, you aren't going to feel crowded. She only holds 2620 people at double capacity and 3056 at maximum capacity!

The best part of a large ship like QM2 is that you won't notice rough seas as easily as you might on smaller vessels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:01 pm

On the shorter and Holiday cruises you can expect to see more children and teens on-board than during a traditional crossing.

Teens have a dedicated area on Deck 6 known as The Zone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Patrick and I will dance with you Susan!
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:35 pm

So who is coming into our fair city, NYC, early to enjoy all she has to offer?
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Hey Ed, long time no see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:53 pm

For those coming in earlier we're going to be doing some shopping before the July 1st sailing!
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Hey Eddie, I know I've been so busy I don't have time to get on here much. Tina and I did the Far Hills Races this past weekend, made the rounds... you know the routine. Are you going on both sailings on QM2 in 2009? I just might have to try to get on this July sailing with you - I feel like I'm missing out on something good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

I know about the dress code, which is no biggy, as we also dress up on RC, even though alot of other people don't.

Thanks everyone!

JJ2sail - I just noticed you're from Napa! I lived in San Francisco and then up in Marin in Tiburon for over 10 years! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:44 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Thanks everyone!

scratch Everyone seems to have beat me to answering - let me see what else I can possibly add...

First be sure not to miss Todd English when the group goes there. Secondly make sure you take a look at the website Tina made for the Christmas sailing, it will give a lot of good information and the photo album is great: http://www.cunardholiday2009.makeswebsites.com/

And, as already stated, just keep asking questions, we'll do everything to help you feel like an old pro before you even board!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:07 pm

I'll add the fact that there is just a certain elegance and grace about QM2, and, you're guaranteed to meet interesting people along the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Ok,another question,.........think we covered night time attire..what about daytime??? Im like Jen.a RCCL cruiser........used to wearing shorts(longer ones) or capris.........pics I have seen show people dressed up more than that.........have a feeling there are no chair hogs poolside........

We're coming to NYC early..................gonna show my husband around and maybe go out to the Island to see family............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:11 pm

hubby was shocked to find out no shorts allowed in the restauarants, even for breakfast and lunch. Wink I think they're allowed in the buffet. He can live with dockers. yeesh. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July - 2009   4th of July - 2009 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th of July - 2009
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next