Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Empty
PostSubject: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 pm

I already have the Serenade booked and have a sweet hump cabin. BUT just noticed that they replaced the Destiny with Victory out of San Juan. The itineraries are almost the same, except RCL has a sea day and Victory ports overnight in Dominica. I could save a couple of hundred on CCL and could probably get a good cabin location. Any thoughts?

PS. I am also posting this on the RCCL board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I've sailed on both ships and Serenade gets my vote hands down. The Victory, like the rest of the CCL fleet is very gaudy in decor. The primary color used is Emerald Green- it's everywhere. Overall, I find the service, ship amenities, entertainment and overall atmosphere on RCI better than CCL. If money is an issue and you can save $$ by taking CCL, then that's a personal decision for you to make. Personally I prefer RCI over CCL.
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:34 pm

txwildflower2002 wrote:
Thanks!
Although I agree with Bob on the gauldiness of Carnival, big time, I am not sure I agree with his other observations, but cruising is a very emotional and personal thing. We have been on either ship, have been on both lines. I find them similare. Carnival has much larger cabins, RCI better entertainment and the food is equal in my opinion. This gives you a little different view of the two.. Service wise, we may have just been unlucky but didn't find either up to the standards of other mass marketed lines. The wait staff was a little better on RCI but our cabin stewards better on Carnval.

Nita:rendeer:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?   Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnival Victory or RC Serenade of the Seas?
Page 1 of 1