Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about trying a cruise

Go down 
+3
KKathy
NOB
Day Tripper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Day Tripper
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Thinking about trying a cruise Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Im thinking about booking a cruise for my next vacation but would like some feedback from those who have cruised what's good and what's bad about cruising.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi Day Tripper,

Welcome to the boards. I can only speak for myself but, I find cruising to be the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken. You only unpack once for the entire trip, no worries about where you're eating your meals, plenty of activities to keep you busy both during days at sea and days in port. And, each cruise line has it's own unique personality, and, it's fun to discover the differences in each line. For example, if you don't like the idea of dressing for dinner each night, then, NCL might be the best cruise line for you. On the other hand, if you like things rather formal than Cunard or Crystal might be the better choices for you.

My best advice is to read these boards and keep asking questions. We'll be happy to answer!

Neil
Back to top Go down
KKathy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:16 pm

I think the very first thing you need to consider is....where do you want to go???

You can cruise so many different places, different lengths of time, different cruise lines. There is so much to choose from, it can be mind boggling!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:27 am

The worst thing about cruising is when they force me to get off the ship at the end of the cruise Wink
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Is there anything bad about cruising? I mean, what's not to love about having someone else do the "driving", cooking, cleaning and serving while seeing several different places in one week? One of my favorite parts of cruising is all the fun people and fun things to do that people really participate in! (when have you ever seen a willing crowd at a hotel?) Plus, calling room service at 2 am for cookies and milk after dancing away the night and having it delievered free and with a smile is priceless Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm

I have to agree with everyone else.....what's not to I love you ? I don't have much experience with a lot of different cruise lines, but I have enjoyed every cruise I have been on. I am prone to motion sickness & haven't had a problem...even on a cruise that was rockier than I expected it to be.

I unpack & only have to worry about what I'm going to wear that day. There are plenty of food & drink options...so whatever my mood, I'm sure I won't starve. Guess that would be a negative....the weight gain!Shocked We combat it by always taking the stairs & hitting the jogging track.

Anyway, I highly reccommend cruising to anyone & everyone that asks for a vacation idea.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: A great vacation   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Like everyone else, of course I agree about cruises being one of the best ways to spend a week.

Your major costs are already covered before you even set foot onboard. So you only spend what you WANT to spend. But it is important to remember that it adds up fast if you aren't paying attention.

And in addition to the region you wish to visit (or even the climate), it is very important to find the right cruise line for you/your family. Some specialize in food, or kid's programs, or adventure, etc. And your budget is another consideration. There is everything from the bottom of the barrel to the nicest 6-star option out there. But good lines always have deals, and it is certainly possible to get higher-end without paying an arm and a leg. You just need to figure out the biggest priority. Region? Ship? Time of year you need to travel? Etc.

Good luck to you and always ask if you have questions. Most of us would be very happy to help.

- Marilyn
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Ivanova wrote:
The worst thing about cruising is when they force me to get off the ship at the end of the cruise Wink

I just got off the Crown Princess yesterday, and I couldn't agree more!

From my viewpoint the best features of cruising are (in no particular order):
  • Unpack once, but visit multiple places
  • Great food
  • Good Entertainment
  • Very Relaxing
  • Great sightseeing in ports of call

I've been on 9 cruises now, and while some have been better than others, none have been bad. Even this most recent one, which had 2 ports of call changed due to Hurricane Omar was a great cruise.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trying a cruise   Thinking about trying a cruise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about trying a cruise
Page 1 of 1