Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie and A First Time Cruiser

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryD
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Empty
PostSubject: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi all,

Just coming over to introduce myself. I'm Gary from Staten Island, NY. I'll be going on my first cruise ever next summer and looking for all the advice I can get.
Back to top Go down
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:37 pm

GaryD wrote:
Hi all,

Just coming over to introduce myself. I'm Gary from Staten Island, NY. I'll be going on my first cruise ever next summer and looking for all the advice I can get.

Hi Gary from a fellow New Yorker cheers

Congratulations on booking your first cruise! Ask as many questions as you like, we're all here to help each other!

Which cruise line and ship are you taking?
Back to top Go down
trixidixie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Hi There!!!!   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:39 pm

GaryD wrote:
Hi all,

Welcome aboard!!!! We were expecting you.... <Singing the Love Boat theme here> affraid

Later

Poi Deploy Pirate Cassandra pirat
Back to top Go down
GaryD
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks! Smile I'll be taking Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas at the end of August up to Canada. It's the one that goes to Quebec. Here's the link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000xfzgzRg94ZQlwPrMvQjMI5j:10ktdmods?packageCode=EX09N007&sailDate=1080828&date=20083&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

I hope that works, it departs on August 28th.

I'm traveling with my wife and our two kids ages 4 and 6. We have a Junior Suite.

But, like I said this is our very first time and, I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. I'd appreciate any insider tips you guys can provide!
Back to top Go down
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Explorer is a WONDERFUL ship!! I think you're going to love her! I was actually looking at this sailing myself, I haven't been to Quebec in years and would love the opportunity to see it again but, alas, I haven't booked it yet.

You were smart to book a Junior Suite, especially with two little ones joining you. You still only have one bathroom but, you'll have more floor space than in a regular balcony cabin.

One of the pluses about Royal Caribbean is that their youth program (called Adventure Ocean) it is top rated and, I'm sure you're children will enjoy themselves!

And be sure to set one evening aside for just you and your wife and try Portofinos! It's a dining experience a few notches above the dining room (not that the dining room is anything to sneeze at...I enjoy most meals in there) but, it's just that the service and food are just "better". Unfortunately, children must be 13 years old or older to enjoy it with you but, that's a night you send the kids to Adventure Ocean.

Hope this helps a bit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi GaryD,

Welcome Aboard!!! I haven't been on Explorer itself but the Voyager class ships offer a wonderful cruise experience.

Please feel free to ask any all questions, I'm positive we're all eager to help you plan for your first cruise!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:36 am

Hi Gary,

The Explorer is a great ship, especially for the kids. If you'd like too see some pictures of the ship just click on the link in my signature line.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Back to top Go down
Arvids
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Arvids

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:23 pm

Gary you will enjoy the Explorer. You will be surprised when you board the ship and see the promenade. You will really think that you walked into a mall versus on a ship.

We were on the Explorer in May and the staff was wonderful. And there is so much to do that if you see the whole ship in a week. It will mean that you never slept.

Arvids

GaryD wrote:
Thanks! Smile I'll be taking Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas at the end of August up to Canada. It's the one that goes to Quebec. Here's the link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000xfzgzRg94ZQlwPrMvQjMI5j:10ktdmods?packageCode=EX09N007&sailDate=1080828&date=20083&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

I hope that works, it departs on August 28th.

I'm traveling with my wife and our two kids ages 4 and 6. We have a Junior Suite.

But, like I said this is our very first time and, I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. I'd appreciate any insider tips you guys can provide!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Weclome Gary!!

Feel free to post all of your questions, and ALL questions are welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie and A First Time Cruiser   Newbie and A First Time Cruiser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie and A First Time Cruiser
Page 1 of 1