Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lets Go
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lets Go

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Empty
PostSubject: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:20 am

I'm not sure if you read AJani's blog today but, here's the link:
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/2007/09/newest-genesis-rumor.html

And, I'm getting tired of losening of rules to try to lure more slobs to the mainstream cruise lines. I'm not a wealthy girl but I do enjoy cruising two or three times per year. If Royal Caribbean goes the way of NCL and introduces a freestyle concept I will absolutely be shopping for a new cruise line.

Would a Royal Caribbean cruiser enjoy Cunard? I don't want to feel out of place.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Lets Go!

It will depend a lot on what you like about Royal Caribbean. Was it all the active sports? (Rock climbing, ice skating, mini-golf etc) The hopping night life and games? (Quest, Newlywed Game Show, fruit in the suit etc) Or was it the service, traditional evening dining and formal nights? Lazy days on deck or Scrabble in the card room? Did you enjoy attending the lectures about the different ports? Cunard's day time activities center around Trivia, Enrichment programs, dancing and acting classes to name just a few. They do have a disco for late night dancing and the lounges in the evenings are filled with an assortment of different entertainment not to mention the grand shows in the theater. One of the biggest highlights are the grand themed balls held in the Queens Room which are well attended. If you like a more traditional cruise with fine dining, intellectual and fun people, grand formal nights, relaxing onboard with a good book watching the ocean, fun evening activities that are not the hairy leg contest then Cunard is for you.

However, no one knows just what you would like so the best thing is to just try it. You will not have a bad cruise because at the least you will have a wonderful ship to explore, nice people (they are not as stuffy at you might think!) good food and a perfect excuse to get out your very best dresses. (What girl doesn't love that?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:52 pm

As someone who cruises both luxury and mainstream cruise lines, I can tell you that I personally enjoy both.

There is a lot of misconceptions about the type of people that cruise on Cunard. You don't need to be a multi-millionaire, you don't need to be a Harvard graduate and you don't have to talk through your teeth Very Happy

Believe it or not Cunard is pretty much like most cruise ships during the day. People are walking around in shorts, capri pants, some are in jeans but they tend to be few and far between.

What you won't find are hairy chest contests or annoying annoucements every 15 minutes.

If you like things such as ballroom dancing, learning/educational lectures on a variety of topics, art auctions, darts, Caynon Ranch Spa and more intellectual pursuits then Cunard might be the right fit for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Also you might want to check out this link:
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2926384710042664116yZbgEm

It's a photo of a daily from QE2 and it shows the diversity of people on board.

To me that's one of the things that makes Cunard extra special!
Back to top Go down
Lets Go
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lets Go

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks! I'm getting closer to booking my first Cunard Cruise... I think Shocked
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Let's Go I think you will love it. As for booking, I would wait until October because many agencies will be having their cruise sales during CLIA's "World's Largest Cruise Night" events. Look for OBC, discounts and other amenities. Best yet, book into a group to combine perks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Shipmate
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shipmate

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Lets Go wrote:
I'm not sure if you read AJani's blog today but, here's the link:
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/2007/09/newest-genesis-rumor.html

And, I'm getting tired of losening of rules to try to lure more slobs to the mainstream cruise lines. I'm not a wealthy girl but I do enjoy cruising two or three times per year. If Royal Caribbean goes the way of NCL and introduces a freestyle concept I will absolutely be shopping for a new cruise line.

Would a Royal Caribbean cruiser enjoy Cunard? I don't want to feel out of place.

Lets Go - Cunard is a wonderful cruise line! I'm a nurse and, while I usually book inside cabins, I'd rather cruise Cunard once or twice per year than the mainstream cruise lines for the reasons you just stated.

To me, cruising is a very special experience and that including dressing for dinner.

I think you'll love Cunard, come give them a try! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?   Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would a Royal Caribbean Cruiser Like Cunard?
Page 1 of 1