Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Kathy congrats on the booking. That is one nice itinerary. If things don't work out for Oasis we may be tempted. I know that nancy and Ken as well as our friends in Ft Myers will be delighted if Radiance stays in Tampa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Kathy congrats on the booking. That is one nice itinerary. If things don't work out for Oasis we may be tempted. I know that nancy and Ken as well as our friends in Ft Myers will be delighted if Radiance stays in Tampa.
as all of us Floridians would be......... Very Happy we can only hope........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:20 pm

PH8 wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
I'm BAAAAAAAAACCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk

Not awake.......but back home.....

Had a nice dinner with Chris and Martha and yes, Chris stayed AWAKE but I wasn't!!!....I think we were dead aslleep before they got back to the car!!!

Course, Wed night we stayed up til 530am Shocked .....

Gk's are here demanding my attention......

I'll be back later to post more

j
Welcome Back,JUL.................5:30am?????? HOLY cow.........were you up gambling at that time??

Exairgoddess1 wrote:
Awwww...Kathy...I was hoping that you would book our 11 night Radiance out of San Diego to the Extended Mex. Riv. so I could meet you! Oh well, the Panama Canal is great too....done that a few times.

By the bye, Kath...you forgot to add in my Feb 21 Mariner in 2010. Whenever.

Everyone have a good weekend....we are supposed to get some more rain! Suspect Razz

Mar~
Sorry,I missed it..........Im losing it.............that MR cruise sounds really nice.........someday...

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
Patti: Shall we take bets when she cancels lol! ????
Absolutely............we know her track record.............she changes cruises like the wind. bounce
btw---when was the last one I changed??? its been awhile............I think.hahah
Now really..............you're the keeper of the lists...............how the heck are we gonna know if a cruise of yours gets deleted........silently.............by YOU. roflmao

BTW.....which aft cabin did you book?
1104(had that same one on the JW).....waitlisted for 9256(some TA probably has a hold on it)

If I dont add it,you wont know if I delete it..........heheheheh..........there is a method to my madness..........

Oh yea,btw-I called RCCL back to get 9256 waitlisted,...told the rep I LOVE afts........she said well,there is one on deck 11 !!!!!! ELEVEN????????? I told her it was deck 10 and my reserved one was on that deck....... affraid
9256 is the most sought after corner aft.........I hope you get it. Though 1104 ain't bad either.
So, that's how you keep your list.............I must say, you are one clever bookkeeper!! Cool
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Would love to go on the Radiance thru the PC, price is high for a single though. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 pm

high for a double too!! What a Face Im hoping it comes down some......
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Kathy, you can take off the 11/19/09 Radiance and add 4/23/10.

Radiance has been through the PC regularly (she just went in October). I think RCI has a strange pricing algorithm - they start high and then start having resident, military & senior discounts or have to drop the price altogether. Perhaps there aren't that many people outside of the cruising websites who know to ask for a price drop.

The transit is amazing. I want to do it again, but not for a few years - too many other places in the world are calling to me!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey, does anybody here know how (or if) you can do a search of posts by a particular user? I'm going to noodle around with it, but if somebody already knows, I can be lazy.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Kathy........YUP we were gambling til 530.....We went to bed every night by 430 am with the exception of Tues night when we went in by 130....then Wed night was 630 by the time we got to the room....

We were playing Tx Holdem from 11 pm til 6am......did pretty good at it.....(me doing the best and that's kinda funny considering that I DO NOT have a poker face)...

j
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:37 pm

You are right Kathy I could book and see what happens it is a while off. I just have this I need to be in a Balcony, "SPOILED" .
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:41 pm

PC is amazing, we did in 2006 on the Radiance. The added cost is the cost for the full transit...I want to think we were told $200,000 for the ship to go thru...must be wired to the canal coffiers prior to allowing the ship to enter for transit...

There were many ships moored in the entrance on both ends of the canal. Is a real treat to do.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Kathy........YUP we were gambling til 530.....We went to bed every night by 430 am with the exception of Tues night when we went in by 130....then Wed night was 630 by the time we got to the room....

We were playing Tx Holdem from 11 pm til 6am......did pretty good at it.....(me doing the best and that's kinda funny considering that I DO NOT have a poker face)...

j
Glad to have ya home, sounds like you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Welcome home Julie...............glad you were able to get together with Chris and Martha. BTW...did you all go topless?? WooHoo

PC cruises are always more expensive, because it costs so much for the ship to transit the canal. So of course they do pass the add expenses on to the pax on board.

Kathy, don't cancel it until the last minute.............as Jean says, with all the discounts that may become available.............the prices just might come down.

We saved $1000pp on our upcoming Radiance cruise thanks to Jim serving in the Military. Also got a residency rate and a senior rate a while back. The 3 day excursion to Machu Picchu is costing more than our total cruise which includes air. Shocked

So there is hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:51 pm

critterchick wrote:

!
Thats the date we were gonna do till this PC cruise popped up.....

critterchick wrote:
Hey, does anybody here know how (or if) you can do a search of posts by a particular user? I'm going to noodle around with it, but if somebody already knows, I can be lazy.
on here or somewhere else???

cruiseforme wrote:

j
wow......that is late!! congrats on doing so well.....

vlscruiser wrote:
You are right Kathy I could book and see what happens it is a while off. I just have this I need to be in a Balcony, "SPOILED" .
Thats what Im doing.....booking it and hoping it drops......

barbeeAL wrote:
PC is amazing, we did in 2006 on the Radiance. The added cost is the cost for the full transit...I want to think we were told $200,000 for the ship to go thru...must be wired to the canal coffiers prior to allowing the ship to enter for transit...

There were many ships moored in the entrance on both ends of the canal. Is a real treat to do.
I can not wait........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh Patti.I am REALLY jealous now.....you're going to Machu??? Now that is a once in a lifetime trip..................

I'll be looking for any discounts coming my way.........for once Im glad Im gonna be 55 this Aug!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:56 pm

critterchick wrote:

jean-I dont have the 19th..I have the 16th and the 21st.............HELP!! I screwed up......
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:58 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Here's the aft cabins on Radiance.........................

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Radiancestern

Hey! Somebody is on my balcony! LOL!

I would love to do the pc on the rad!

Welcome back Jul! How was Vegas?
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Well, Ms Patti geek of course I stayed awake last night!!! Won't talk about today though. roflmao

Jul - Glad to are home safe and sound. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with you and David. Didn't realize how tired you were...you both looked great. Thanks for the evening and making time for us.

I really, really want to to the PC again someday, but I first have to win Megabucks, convince Nevada to let us have a lottery so I can win that too, and then retire because PTO is sooooooo hard to accumulate.

I see my favorite cabin in the picture....1602.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 pm

PH8 wrote:
Oh Patti.I am REALLY jealous now.....you're going to Machu??? Now that is a once in a lifetime trip..................

I'll be looking for any discounts coming my way.........for once Im glad Im gonna be 55 this Aug!!
No, no, no, no.............we are not doing MP. Embarassed I was just saying that the 3 day excursion to MP is costing more than the cost of our cruise is now with all the discounts we have received.

I would love to go to MP...........but there is the problem with altitude sickness and I don't know if 3 days is really enough time to acclimate oneself to the change. But it is on my bucket list............along with a gazillion other places to visit.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Evening all you chatty Cathy's! Had a great evening with my gal cruise buddies. We exchanged pictures and CDs and enjoyed remembering the good time we had. And started thinking about when to go again, but that's as far as the planning got!

The PC is a must! We went on the Legend back in 1999. It ranks right up there with Alaska for me. Totally different experience than Alaska, but I really enjoyed it.

Welcome Home Jul!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:02 am

BlahBlahBlah geez y'all sure are chatty tonight

PH8 wrote:
high for a double too!! What a Face Im hoping it comes down some......
I was thinking that same thing as I read her "it's high for a single" ONe day I want to do a PC cruise, but gotta save up for Australia in April 2010.

cruiseforme wrote:

j

Welcome home. wow staying up several nights in a row--I am impressed. I used to be able to do that hahahah. what time would y'all get up then?
PH8 wrote:

Me too, but in July.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 am

critterchick wrote:

If you click on a users name either from a post or from the Members list, there is an option to view profile. From that screen choose Statistics. At the bottom of that page you have the option to view that posters topics they created or their posts. Happy searching!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 am

PH8 wrote:
critterchick wrote:

jean-I dont have the 19th..I have the 16th and the 21st.............HELP!! I screwed up......

And I can't type - I meant the 16th. And I'm talking about searching here.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:33 am

Murphy wrote:
critterchick wrote:

If you click on a users name either from a post or from the Members list, there is an option to view profile. From that screen choose Statistics. At the bottom of that page you have the option to view that posters topics they created or their posts. Happy searching!

OK, I'll try that, thanks!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 am

Good Morning SPB's: or should I say chatty Cathy's!!!

We did the PC partial transit on the Coral Princess in 2003 and it was fabulous...One day will do the full transit as we have not done the Mexican Riviera yet!
Another beautiful day in the neighborhood...L8R
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 am

Jill, you should really put the full transit on your list... I really enjoyed it!

Busy day today. BFF's 50th was last weekend and her hubby is having a surprise party for her tonight. We have been recruited to pick up the cake etc. I also need to get to the gym and am heading into work for a couple hours. Thankfully Ray offered to do the grocery shopping, so I don't have to do that!

Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next