Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas 2009

Go down 
+92
Peter M
VJMorrow
cruiseforme
Iceman
HMS AnyShip
JJ2sail
Sean F
Nigel
Rita NYC
TV Guy
Pasta Lover
Ryan W
English Todd
IliveontheLIE
Connie S
Edward
Vic_the_Parrot
Life from the Porthole
Cruising Diva
Nancy R
Diamond Dave
Dawns from NJ
Eddie's Wife
Ascot Scott
Dee
Leanna N
Pam M
Shelia
Just Me
Big Red Robyn
Tommy Bahamas
NYC Cruiser
Ian
Day Tripper
Queen of the Seas
MichaelCT
Josh
JeanMarie
Dr Donna
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Grey Day Cruisers
Kim T
Lets Go
BB
Kevin T
First Timer
Roxie
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Scorpio Gal
NYC PD
D D'Angelo
The Sophisticated Cat
Joe A
NYC Teacher
Princess Cruiser
Katherine O
Travel Geek
Ajani
Down The Shore Guy
Westchester Cruiser
Ronnie
Joe Kelly NJ
Czech Mate
Scorpione
Cold Weather Cruiser
Chadds Ford Traveler
Lisa D
Cunard Cruiser
Murray S
Brian of Boston
Tony Tiger
Lady Jane
Giovani
Cruiser Brooke
AmbianceTraveler
I'm A Cruise Junkie
Cruiser Marie
Shipmate
Lab Lover
Andy The Sailor Man
Loves 2 Cruise
Good Golly Molly
Archie
Boca Brats
Green Irish Eyes
Hopeful Henry
ShoeBeeDoBeDo
Admin
NOB
diaz loves 2 cruise
BedrockBoaters
4 Leaf Clover
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:06 pm

Nice to have you joining us Tina and welcome to Pam and Leanna.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 pm

Tina, looking forward to seeing both you and Sjoerd!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Admin wrote:
Nina - Thanks, looking forward to sailing with you too!

Pam - Small world indeed! We were bennies in Spring Lake before moving to Sea Girt full time, we were on Washington. Where on Beacon? Did you know the Hydes?

Tina, as a matter of fact yes, we lived a few houses away from the Hydes. Interesting family to say the least! Where did you live on Washington? Do you know Kathryn Matthews?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Pam M wrote:
Admin wrote:
Nina - Thanks, looking forward to sailing with you too!

Pam - Small world indeed! We were bennies in Spring Lake before moving to Sea Girt full time, we were on Washington. Where on Beacon? Did you know the Hydes?

Tina, as a matter of fact yes, we lived a few houses away from the Hydes. Interesting family to say the least! Where did you live on Washington? Do you know Kathryn Matthews?

Yes, Rawhyde was certainly "interesting"! And, YES!! I know Kathryn Matthews! Her daughter has been my best friend for almost 30 years!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:42 pm

Tina, you don't mean Kathryn Matthews of Murphy Realtors do you? If so, she sold us our house! LOL Now how's that for a small world!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Yes Eddie, the one in the same Kathryn Matthews! I'm actually trying to talk both Kathryn and Barbara (my best friend) into joining us!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Sophisticated Cat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Nina,

A question. For those of us who aren't locals and will be staying at the hotel (right now I'm assuming it's going to be The Library), I'm sure most of us won't have any trouble getting our own taxis or car service to the hotel. My question is are we going to have some type of group transportation from the hotel to the pier in Brooklyn or will we need to arrange that ourselves?

Kat
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Kat,

I will be arranging group transfers from the hotel area (for those locals in NYC that would like to join just meet us at the hotel) to the pier.

Also, for the dinner and show, depending on locations, I will arrange private group transportation from the hotel for those who wish it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:59 am

Nina, I can do some research for local limousine and bus companies if you'd like and send you the list. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:55 am

Nick, thank you so much! I usually use Carey the world over but if you know of a few local businesses that are reputable and do a good job, I would be happy to compare services!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:22 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Nick, thank you so much! I usually use Carey the world over but if you know of a few local businesses that are reputable and do a good job, I would be happy to compare services!

You got it!
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 pm

My you all are certainly chatty! I love it, took me a while to catch up on all the threads!
Back to top Go down
Dee
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Very chatty group but that's what makes it fun!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ascot Scott
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm a lurking newbie, hope you don't mind me checking in here when pricing comes out. I might be interested!
Back to top Go down
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Everyone on cruises or just being quiet?
Back to top Go down
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:09 pm

I'm here, just being quiet...
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Eddie's Wife wrote:
Everyone on cruises or just being quiet?

It's been a while since I popped on here. I see things are still quiet, I guess everyone is just waiting for the release of pricing and itineraries at this point! I know we're excited and eagerly waiting Very Happy

So maybe this post will start excitement on this thread again and get everyone back in the posting mood Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Hello Loves!

Just popping in to see if there are any updates, disappointed no news yet Crying or Very sad Can't wait to cruise with you all again and of course, looking forward to meeting all my new friends that I've made on here. My dance card is still wide open ladies... come now...don't be shy!

Nina, when pricing comes out, I'm going to ask for pricing on air, I know it's normally cheaper to book independently but, I always like to compare. Would need air from Dublin (DUB).

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:53 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Hello Loves!

Just popping in to see if there are any updates, disappointed no news yet Crying or Very sad Can't wait to cruise with you all again and of course, looking forward to meeting all my new friends that I've made on here. My dance card is still wide open ladies... come now...don't be shy!

Nina, when pricing comes out, I'm going to ask for pricing on air, I know it's normally cheaper to book independently but, I always like to compare. Would need air from Dublin (DUB).

Patrick

Listen Laddy, when are you going to get that Irish hide over here to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in NYC? Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Arg-le10
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Well hi all! It has been quiet around here, was it because I was gone? I had a great time at my cruise conference and toured the Zuiderdam, Westerdam and Caribbean Princess. (more on that once I get a chance to organize my pictures)

At the private club that Cunard had set up for their top agents at the conference I talked to Carol a bit, wonderful lady, very gracious and down to earth. I was treated like the darling of the Club which was fun and got the emails of almost every VP in the company with an invitation to contact them if I needed anything. (Still wondering if that was because of my record with Cunard or thanks to my dress but we'll see!) Although, I had met many of them at the QV event it was nice to build the relationships more. I will be working with them on some new marketing ideas which will be fun. Hopefully, I will be able to gain more insider knowledge for our groups here through these firmer relationships.

I think I posted this before but I will post it again, pricing is scheduled to come out April 20th or close to that although it won't formally be announced until the beginning of April. Hopefully, they will get ahead of schedule and come out with it sooner since Princess is coming out March 21st and the two companies work very closely together. I'll keep you posted on that. Also, 4th of July is certainly out of NYC and I got another nod from the top to the positive for NYC for Christmas in 2009 although they haven't finished scheduling so couldn't give me a firm yes just yet. I also found out that they will be watching these groups! Good things to come if they are successful Very Happy That's it in a nutshell.

Patrick, just make sure on the booking form you request air and I will contact you with your options so you can compare them to what you can get from the otherside of the pond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:28 am

cheers This is all GREAT news Nina!! Sounds like you had a great time! What exactly happens at Cruise360? I've heard of it but, I have to admit I curious, do the travel agents do ship inspections then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Down The Shore Guy wrote:
PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Hello Loves!

Patrick

Listen Laddy, when are you going to get that Irish hide over here to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in NYC? Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Arg-le10

LOL Eddie, I've been over many times, you people certainly do a better job celebrating than we do! Although it's starting to gain momentum here. Would love to do it again, buy, alas, not this year Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:02 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Well hi all! It has been quiet around here, was it because I was gone? I had a great time at my cruise conference and toured the Zuiderdam, Westerdam and Caribbean Princess. (more on that once I get a chance to organize my pictures)

At the private club that Cunard had set up for their top agents at the conference I talked to Carol a bit, wonderful lady, very gracious and down to earth. I was treated like the darling of the Club which was fun and got the emails of almost every VP in the company with an invitation to contact them if I needed anything. (Still wondering if that was because of my record with Cunard or thanks to my dress but we'll see!) Although, I had met many of them at the QV event it was nice to build the relationships more. I will be working with them on some new marketing ideas which will be fun. Hopefully, I will be able to gain more insider knowledge for our groups here through these firmer relationships.

I think I posted this before but I will post it again, pricing is scheduled to come out April 20th or close to that although it won't formally be announced until the beginning of April. Hopefully, they will get ahead of schedule and come out with it sooner since Princess is coming out March 21st and the two companies work very closely together. I'll keep you posted on that. Also, 4th of July is certainly out of NYC and I got another nod from the top to the positive for NYC for Christmas in 2009 although they haven't finished scheduling so couldn't give me a firm yes just yet. I also found out that they will be watching these groups! Good things to come if they are successful Very Happy That's it in a nutshell.

Patrick, just make sure on the booking form you request air and I will contact you with your options so you can compare them to what you can get from the otherside of the pond.

Nina, this is certainly FANTASTIC news! So, are we free to really start planning full steam ahead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Thanks for brightening my day with some positive news Nina! Glad to hear NY will be the departure! Looking forward to all the pre-cruise plans we have in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Nina, are you sure you want to share ALL that information with ME? You know that I'm going to be asking you to find out this and find out that Very Happy

Seriously, sounds like you had a blast at the convention! And, this is our clue to get more people interested in these two sailings guys. The more that join the 4th of July and Christmas sailings, the more power we'll have over Cruise Critic. Oh wait, they don't have Cunard groups Laughing

So let's get out there and PROMOTE!! It may mean a cocktail party for us!! I can hope, can't I??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2009   Christmas 2009 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2009
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next