Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You

Go down 
+8
cruiseforme
JJ2sail
NDJollyMon
English Todd
Iceman
Down The Shore Guy
Admin
TV Guy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've already notified Nina of my intentions so, now I'll put it to you. I'd like to cordially invite everyone that has booked or won a cabin on QM2 for Christmas 2009 to lunch or dinner at Todd English as my guests.

Nina informed me it's too early to select a date and, that will probably happen late next Spring, but, hopefully sooner. In the meantime, let's get an idea if you'd like to have lunch or dinner. So just post here so we can get a rough idea.

Ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:08 pm

How about both? Wink Just teasing you Ed. Thank you for such a generous gift! It really doesn't matter - lunch might be nice since I know Nina and Tina are planning at least one dinner at Todd English.

If anyone needs to see menus, click the link below:
http://www.cunard.co.uk/OurShips/default.asp?Ship=QM2&main=din&sub=#ToddEnglish

And, I'll just add that Leanna and I are planning our own special gift for everyone traveling with us - including all our Cruise Freek Friends - too.
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 pm

I would do both Nick but, I do have another item that I don't want to mention yet but, I think everyone will like it... At least I hope so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Thank you Ed!! Lunch would be wonderful, maybe one of the days at sea.

Also, since we're making announcements - everyone on Cruise Freeks whether you're paying or a winner - will be receiving an invitation from my parents to a cocktail party on-board. Like Ed, Nina has informed us it's a bit early to pick a date but, I did want to let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:21 pm

You're both welcome. And, I LOVE your parents cocktail parties! Always a lot of fun! Thank you for the invitation, I will be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Sounds great Marina! Like Ed, I always enjoy your parents cocktail parties, but, with this group, I doubt it will be in their cabin or is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 pm

We'll probably have Nina arrange it for another location, I don't think we could comfortably get everyone in the cabin - even if we open up both mine and my parents cabin, I don't think it would work. But, regardless, all are invited so stay tuned for details!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Todd English? Cocktail Party? Yes to both and thank you both for your generous offers!

I guess I better get my bid in now too. I already called dibs on the Holiday Crackers and, I'll be sending a bubbly gift to everyone's cabins Very Happy This includes everyone from Cruise Freeks on the QM2 sailing for Christmas.

If you don't already know - Holiday Crackers are a very English tradition. I know, I'm Irish but, it's still a nice tradition. I'm sure you'll know what I mean from the photo below and they're filled with little trinkets Very Happy
Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Fillcr10
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:33 pm

LMAO - mention a party and Patrick comes out of the woodwork Very Happy Glad you're coming Paddy, are you golfing with me this trip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Golf? Anytime, any place! Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Will do - Nick and Eddie are yes to golf too. Waiting for Andy and anyone else that wants to join us. I think Nina mentioned James might be interested in joining us, so, we should have a good group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 pm

And, while I've already accepted both invitations privately, I will gladly accept both invitations here. Thank you Ed and thank you Marina!

Yes - Nina and I have a lot of nice extra surprises planned for Christmas, so, hopefully everyone has a highly enjoyable time! Dinner at Todd English and another cocktail party in addition to the one Marina's parents are hosting can be expected - and a few more things that we'll keep as true surprises Very Happy

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Sounds wonderful Tina - thank you for all you and Nina are doing for us too!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Well thank you Ed, I agree that lunch would be wonderful during at day at sea if possible and hereby accept. Thank you to Marina and her parents, I also accept your invitation. Thank you to Patrick for your generous gifts. And, thank you to Tina and Nina for their plans for us as well!
Back to top Go down
Iceman
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Iceman

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Thank you - this was truly an unexpected surprise! I will gladly accept all your invitations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Now how could I turn down an invitation to Todd English with my screen name being English Todd Wink Thank you for your very kind invitation, I also accept and agree lunch would be delightful.

I would also like to accept the very gracious invitation to cocktails, that sounds lovely and I look forward to making new friends.

And, thank you to all who plan on such nice, thoughtful gifts. This is going to be a very special group, I can tell already!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:25 pm

WOW! I feel like I won the lottery or something! Very Happy

I've been on many different forums for a very long time. I moderate 3 others. I have NEVER ran across a more friendly, or giving bunch of people like here at Cruise Freeks! You people are the BEST! I'm almost speechless!

I'll be that guy walking around the city/ship with his jaw hanging down in disbelief for 2 weeks! Yay

THANKS EVERYONE! Count us in! Your generocity will be well received, and much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
TV Guy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
TV Guy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:21 pm

We have a GREAT group of people here that much is certain, and, some of us are in a more fortunate financial position to be able to share a little holiday joy, I for one am more than happy to do that for everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Ed - yes thank you - I am accepting your invitation on behalf of my Mom and myself.

Marina - you know we'll be there too.

And, thank you Patrick - bubbly and crackers will help make the sailing festive.

Very Happy You brightened an otherwise dull day for me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Very Happy My parents will be happy to know all of you have accepted so far and I just want to make sure everyone knows the invitation is extended to all
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Thank you so much Ed and Marina! Lunch and cocktails would be wonderful!

Last edited by JJ2sail on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Thank you all so much, I accept all of your invitations.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Wow........you guys are one GREAT group!! I have to say that Cruise Freeks has been a joy since we found it. Such awesome people and haven't heard any negativity like some 'other' board.

Marina/parents and Ed...thank you for the thoughtfulness....We accept your invites.

Patrick---the crackers are awesome. We do those every year at Christmas and laugh our heads off as the whole family is at the dinner table wearing the silly hats...but it's tradition!!!

I was wondering what I was thinking doing a cruise at Cmas without my family (dd, sil and 4 kids live two doors away) and thought I would be sooo homesick but I can see that isn't going to be the case. I think this will be an active cruise with a lot of fun people! Thank you for that y'all!!!

Guess I better quit dreaming of cruising and get to work....it is the Christmas season and in this town that means 'shoppers spending $$$"...and that's always a good thing in retail!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Ed, yes, thank you so much. Lunch would be wonderful!

Marina, I have never been to your parents' cocktail party before, like the others, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. Thank you.

Patrick, you are so sweet. Thank you.

Tina and Nina - I can't even begin to thank the two of you. If you ever need anything for this group, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You   Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Cruisers on QM2 2009 - A Question For You
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next