Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam

Go down 
+10
Zorro
thevacationstop
Leanna N
Andrew
diaz loves 2 cruise
Boca Brats
JJ2sail
NDJollyMon
Admin
CruiseBuddies
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

June 2010 Holland America Veendam cruise NYC to Bermuda
VERY interested, when can I book?.
June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Would be interested depending on departure date.
June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Some-what interested.
June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Not interested at this time.
June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
If this one comes about Nick, I'll accept that invitation!

Patrick yes, no invitation needed ever, just come and show up at the door! You know you're always welcome to stay with us as long as you wish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 pm

There are already a bunch of group cruises scheduled for 2010. We have a Bermuda group planned for 2011 in late July. We could always do that one on HAL. You can find info on that one here

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/bermuda-group-now-forming-late-july-2011-f197/
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Zorro
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Zorro

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:03 pm

I keep hearing how wonderful Bermuda is for a cruise destination. Now I just need to figure out if I want to book 2010 or 2011...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Book both! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:21 pm

That's what I'm thinking about doing Nick. Are you and Leanna going to book 2010 and 2011? Patrick, I'd love to go diving with you too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Derek, depending on how everything falls. I mean, we're not going to pass up the double transit for Bermuda but, if it all times out, yes, we'll book both 2010 and 2011. And, of course, you're more than welcome to stay with us too. We have plenty of bedrooms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Thank you Nick (and Leanna). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:36 pm

I've never been on HAL - I don't want to offend anyone but, aren't they geared more for the "older" crowd?
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Da Bronx Bombers Fan wrote:
I've never been on HAL - I don't want to offend anyone but, aren't they geared more for the "older" crowd?

While HAL used to be the "Highly Aged Line" and their average age still skews a bit higher than say Carnival and Royal Caribbean, they have made great inroads in repositioning themselves as more of a Premium line. They even have kids programs now. I wouldn't worry about the age thing.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:02 pm

"Floating old folks home" or not....I still want to try a Holland America cruise someday! I just love that movie "Out to Sea" with Mattheau and Lemmon...gotta love it!~
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
CruiseBuddies
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone:

I’m happy to see so many interested in this cruise. It would be a lot of fun to be a part of Holland Americas first year back to Bermuda. Especially now that HAL has established itself as more of a premium line.

Regarding the concern about Bermuda group cruises in both 2010 & 2011, I’ve been to Bermuda 4 times and still haven’t seen/done everything there is to see and do. Just the great snorkeling and diving alone can take up a few days. Add to that the zoo, the beaches, Dolphin swim, shopping, museums, historical sites, etc. etc. and relaxing, 4 days is just not long enough to do it all. So, a group cruise to Bermuda BOTH years could be great!

Of all the islands I have been to on cruises (Bahamas, Caribbean islands, etc) Bermuda is our favorite. It’s the cleanest, safest, has the best beaches, best snorkeling/diving, nicest people and great weather.

I received group pricing today from HAL for the June 13, 2010 departure and have a few questions for them. I will post pricing tomorrow after I get answers to my questions. So far, the pricing seems pretty good for a “premium” cruise to Bermuda from NYC. In the mean time, I’d like to get more feedback from the forum as to how much interest there would be. Please spread the word among the threads and send others over to vote on the poll as to their interest level would be. If there is indeed an interest, we’ll move forward with this.

Thanks so much, everyone. It could be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hartmorancruises.com
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm a yes! I might have a friend or two who might be interested too!
Back to top Go down
Mike Z
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Mike Z

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 pm

I "think" this week will work for me. I do plan on booking the 4th of July cruise on Princess which is tentatively scheduled to depart on June 28 - so put me down as a strong maybe. Once Princess is firm, then I can commit to booking.
Back to top Go down
Lab Lover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lab Lover

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am

Stong maybe here - I have a nephew graduating from high school next year but, they are usually out the first week of June. If all falls into place, I will book. I ADORE Bermuda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:40 pm

lab lover - where do you live in nj? barnegat here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 am

Do we have pricing yet?
Back to top Go down
diaz loves 2 cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
diaz loves 2 cruise

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 pm

That's what I was checking to see too...
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Ditto Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CruiseBuddies
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Pricing   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Everyone:

Sorry for the delay. I finally have some pricing for the HAL Veendam NYC to Bermuda cruise on June 13, 2010. The pricing they gave me is as follows.

Please note, all pricing is inclusive of taxes, fees and port charges.

They are:

Inside starting at $1110.17 p/p double occupancy
Outside starting at $1280.17 p/p double occupancy
Veranda starting at $2060.17 p/p double occupancy

I have reseved 16 cabins thus far. If this cruise is of interest to everyone, I will put up an "official" announcement and begin taking reservations. So, let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hartmorancruises.com

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Hey Scott, I just dropped you an email regarding this cruise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

The website is up and running (please pardon the appearance, it is still under construction): http://halbermuda.makeswebsites.com/index.php

And Scott is open for booking for this sailing, please contact Scott Hart at CruiseOne at 1-800-708-5908 or by email at cruzguy@ptd.net
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:10 pm

will i have the vacation time? lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
will i have the vacation time? lol

LOL Yes Pat, I think we'll be able to give you time for this one Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:38 pm

is it a hope floats cruise? i'd like to do them especially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam   June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 2010 group cruise to Bermuda Holland America Veendam
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2