Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders

Go down 
+5
thevacationstop
Joe A
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Former Cruise Critic
NDJollyMon
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Empty
PostSubject: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:29 am

OnMySoapBox Thanks to all of you who ruined a fun and good thing for the rest of us. I hope everyone who has been actively posting on the boards gets on at 7pm Eastern this Sunday and shut out the one time wonders with correct answers.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:37 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 am

Amen to that Nick!
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am

Couldn't agree more! Talk about taking advantage. Don't let the one time wonders win - I want everyone to post who is an active board member, even if you can't sail on the cruise, remember you can always give it to someone else. Don't let these people ruin OUR BOARD!!
Back to top Go down
Joe A
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe A

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 am

Yes! Send them back from where they're coming from - like we don't already know!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:52 pm

I think this is going to go awry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Come on Nick, don't hold back, how do you really feel? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Guys, the whole point of the contests was to help increase membership. While some of them have not started participating yet, you can bet that if they win they will.

Also, one of the points of this Board was to eliminate the flaming that goes on on that other board. Let's not let this drag us all down that road.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Steve...what CF cruises are you going on?
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 pm

So far I am going on:

1) The QM2 July 4th cruise in 2009
2) The Crystal Symphony cruise in 2009 (Copenhagen to Stockholm via Tallinn and St. Petersburg)
3) The Halloween 2010 cruise on Oasis of the Seas
4) Crystal Holiday cruise in 2011

I'm not sure if I'll make any of the others at this point.

Why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
Robert Davidson

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 pm

I'm new here, joined when a member asked me to check it out during the membership drive and I feel really badly that Tina feels she has to justify her rules for her contests! How can anyone complain about any rules when she has been so generous with her contests? Shocked
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:17 am

thevacationstop wrote:
So far I am going on:

1) The QM2 July 4th cruise in 2009
2) The Crystal Symphony cruise in 2009 (Copenhagen to Stockholm via Tallinn and St. Petersburg)
3) The Halloween 2010 cruise on Oasis of the Seas
4) Crystal Holiday cruise in 2011

I'm not sure if I'll make any of the others at this point.

Why do you ask?

Because you seem like someone I'd like to meet. I did win the Symphony cruise...but I'm giving it to a friend. (not enough work
vacation to take 4 cruises in 2009) I really want to do the Viking River trip...so I had to sacrifice the Symph.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 am

Welcome Robert! Are you planning to cruise with us FREEKS? There are some great cruises here. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:

Because you seem like someone I'd like to meet. I did win the Symphony cruise...but I'm giving it to a friend. (not enough work
vacation to take 4 cruises in 2009) I really want to do the Viking River trip...so I had to sacrifice the Symph.

Well, thanks! I'd like to meet lots of people from this board. I wan't sure I'd be able to do the Symphony cruise, because I also have a job with Raytheon that requires a Security Clearance. As such, I have to get permission in advance to leave the country. I just got conditional approval last week to take that trip. As long as Estonia and Russia play nice between now and then, I will be allowed to go.

If I stay in the top 3 for the song contest, I'll also be on the 2010 cruise for the 4th of July.

I'm not entering the Cabin Quest, even though I have figured out 2 of the 3 remaining categories, and narrowed down the 3rd to the correct cabin and deck, but have to guess on the ship. But I have won enough already. I want to give others a chance. I am uterrly amazed at Tina's hospitality, and I can't believe the bickering that she has received over this. She didn't have to offer any of these free cruises at all, so it if was difficult for someone to enter, then too bad. They wouldn't be losing anything other than an opportunity. People need to remember that.

My mother has also won a cabin on the 2011 holiday cruise, so if my in-laws win a cabin, it will be a nice reunion. If not, we'll probably pitch in to split the cost with them.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:49 pm

It's always fun to cruise with family and good friends. I consider myself lucky, and I've always had them booked along with me. My wife and I have never cruised alone...and with 3 cruises coming up in 2009...we still won't be alone! Gotta love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Steve,

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person finally on the QM2 in July!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Quote :
[quote="thevacationstopIf I stay in the top 3 for the song contest, I'll also be on the 2010 cruise for the 4th of July.
But I have won enough already. I want to give others a chance. I am uterrly amazed at Tina's hospitality, and I can't believe the bickering that she has received over this. She didn't have to offer any of these free cruises at all, so it if was difficult for someone to enter, then too bad. They wouldn't be losing anything other than an opportunity. People need to remember that.
[/quote]

I would feel guilty too if I won anything else. Tina is so generous, it is beyond my comprehension. I will just have to book some more thru CF to make it up to her, but right now, Im kinda booked up, but I plan to make it up in the future. We are still cruise newbies enough I have just been throwing darts at cruises to see which ones we liked the most and doing a little of each cruiseline.

As far as the complaint how it favored the East Coasters, Im not on the East Coast but managed to win. Just happened to see the email while I was busy chatting with someone privately from here and jumped on it. How can folks complain about something being given for free? That is just ruining it for everyone else to complain to Tina about how she is running a contest with free cruises as prizes. People get greedy. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 pm

I think Steve was trying to be diplomatic and keep people from getting upset. It's called keeping the peace..it's Christmas time after all santa . Some of us (me) have won and are grateful to Tina and are really enjoying these boards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 pm

I was responding to Ron's statement...but it seems to have disappeared...I thought I posted this at the right place...oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:19 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
Guys, the whole point of the contests was to help increase membership. While some of them have not started participating yet, you can bet that if they win they will.

Also, one of the points of this Board was to eliminate the flaming that goes on on that other board. Let's not let this drag us all down that road.

Thanks,

While I can appreciate what you said Steve it's a load of bunk and you know it. So far I have seen none of them post more than once. So I will tell you what I am going to do. I am going to hold my breath until I see any of them become active members. Tina, is trying to do some positive things here with this board. She wants to increase members...active members. For all those who are going out and getting the one vote wonders...well all you have done is take advantage of someone who has a big heart. So you can keep that bunk about "if they win they will participate". Well how about they have to participate to win? How about contribute something positive to the site? While I am sorry if I pissed anyone off I do not apologize for any of what I just said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:21 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
I think Steve was trying to be diplomatic and keep people from getting upset. It's called keeping the peace..it's Christmas time after all santa . Some of us (me) have won and are grateful to Tina and are really enjoying these boards.

I am with you on that and I understand Steve's point of view. However, I am not a diplomat. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
mnmomof4 wrote:

I am with you on that and I understand Steve's point of view. However, I am not a diplomat. Wink

You might not be diplomatic but you dont beat around the bush...you make your point and EVERYONE gets it! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 pm

So I am going to pretend that that was a compliment. If it's not don't tell me...let me dream. Wink Staci always told me I should never run for public office...think I know why..
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Ron...I know where you got your screen name! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next