Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:01 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Ron...I know where you got your screen name! Laughing

I know I know..I'm trying to stop... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Ronrocks wrote:

I am with you on that and I understand Steve's point of view. However, I am not a diplomat. Wink

Ron,

My wife used to tell me that I was the most tactful person she ever met. That is I was full of tact. I had to be, since I never used any of it. I think since I was put on what I call "happy pills" a number of years ago, and have gotten much older (much, much older if you ask my kids), I have tried very hard to actualy use some of that tact that I acumulated over the years. It works for me. It doesn't work for everyone.

I appreciate your position, and I really hope all these new members become contributing members. I just don't think picking on them publically is going to help them do that.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:17 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

I am with you on that and I understand Steve's point of view. However, I am not a diplomat. Wink

Ron,

My wife used to tell me that I was the most tactful person she ever met. That is I was full of tact. I had to be, since I never used any of it. I think since I was put on what I call "happy pills" a number of years ago, and have gotten much older (much, much older if you ask my kids), I have tried very hard to actualy use some of that tact that I acumulated over the years. It works for me. It doesn't work for everyone.

I appreciate your position, and I really hope all these new members become contributing members. I just don't think picking on them publically is going to help them do that.

I'm not picking on them, I'm not picking on anyone. I am just telling it like it is. It's not rocket science as to what people are doing. I don't think you have to worry about them feeling picked on. Most of them just stopped in to cast a vote for whomever asked them to. Chances are they wont be back. I hope I am wrong...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 am

Well Ron,

Just wanted to to say hello to you & everyone. I have been a member here since August. I know I don't have many posts, but I usually read more than I post. I love this site, and hope it continues to grow. I too hope that more of them stay and become contributing members, as we all will benefit from the wisdom that abounds! Have a Happy Holiday season! See you around the boards! Jax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:55 am

cruzinmama wrote:
Well Ron,

Just wanted to to say hello to you & everyone. I have been a member here since August. I know I don't have many posts, but I usually read more than I post. I love this site, and hope it continues to grow. I too hope that more of them stay and become contributing members, as we all will benefit from the wisdom that abounds! Have a Happy Holiday season! See you around the boards! Jax

Welcome Jax!! I agree I hope this board continues to grow like a weed!! Merry Christmas!!
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 pm

ImNewHere Hello fellow cruisers,

I am a new member on this board. I viewed as a guest for a while before I joined. Even though I don't post a lot, I visit the boards quite often. I have been on 2 cruises, first cruise on Carnival Conquest in 2005 and Mariner of the Seas in 2006. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and I will try to become a more active member. I really like to cruise, I just wish my husband would catch cruising fever. Have a good evening everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Welcome Cruiseram!

I'm holding out hope for your husband. Mine thought he'd never want to cruise more than once. He's now been on 7 cruises that were anywhere from 2 nights to 14 nights long. And he ain't done yet. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Welcome Cruiseram,

We have been on 3 cruises. One of which was the Mariner of The Seas, in April 2006. Loved that ship. We have been on Princess twice, and we are now booked on the Oasis of The Seas for labor day, 2010. Can't wait to see that ship!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Cruiseram wrote:
ImNewHere Hello fellow cruisers

Hi cruiseram!!!! Yea, another Texan. I am hoping we get enough Texans on here to have a group cruise out of Galveston some fine day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Pssst, how about one out of Mobile and/or New Orleans??? Wink
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Pssst, how about one out of Mobile and/or New Orleans??? Wink

Well, the problem with those is I admit it, I AM partial to RCL. If you can get a RCL or better ship out of any of those ports, Im THERE, you betcha. Im not a huge fan of Carnival or NCL, so they wouldnt be my first choice, but I would still join up if you had such a group cruise. Triumph out of New Orleans would be fun to spend precruise in New Orleans and the Western goes to Roatan which I love. (doesnt start until 11/09). I'd do either port if you were the TA. bounce

Mobile only has the Holiday and will have the Fantasy, so you might not get too many takers unless they get a better ship. New Orleans would be more fun precruise.

I do follow all those ports and would go out of any of them, but so far Galveston has Voyager which is a big plus.

Houston is now ready for ships too, they said "build it and they will come", and rumors are they are talking to NCL and MSC. Carnival used Houston for a little while after Ike and I hear its a nice terminal too.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:14 pm

cruzinmama wrote:
Welcome Cruiseram,

We have been on 3 cruises. One of which was the Mariner of The Seas, in April 2006. Loved that ship. We have been on Princess twice, and we are now booked on the Oasis of The Seas for labor day, 2010. Can't wait to see that ship!

We went the first week in April 2006, it was the eastern itinerary, we missed Coco Cay due to the weather. I was disappointed, I was really looking forward to that port. The rest of the cruise was great. The Mariner is a great ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm

I would prefer more of a selection myself, but Im just happy to have sailings out of ports within driving distance of Nashville. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Another line out of Galveston or Houston would be great. It is in driving distance.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:38 am

Have they rebuilt everything that was destroyed in the hurricane there? Cruise-wise anyway?

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:48 am

yes i also agree on tina's great contests, she is very very generous. who is supposed to be the one time wonder, (nick) i just don't get it,
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:54 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
Have they rebuilt everything that was destroyed in the hurricane there? Cruise-wise anyway?

The port building is rebuilt and back up and working. Some hotels still house workers, and hotel rooms are still hard to come by. The Harbor House cam got stuck the other night when folks were watching to see if Ecstasy got off (it got fogged in and didnt leave until the wee hours of the next morning and got in past 5 pm). The cam folks responded that Harbor House is still not back open, so they have a hard time maintaining the cam, and that internet is still spotty, on and off in the area. Some folks on my January cruise had their reservations cancelled, the hotel wrote them they wouldnt be able to get back open until March now they estimate. I lost my car to Ike, so I was on the phone with the lady who owns EZCruise parking a few times (she lost pretty much everything, and yet was there trying to protect our cars for weeks). Even for my April cruises, hotel rooms are sparse and many will not be reopened. Hotel prices have shot up in Galveston for 2009 as a result.

I would say yes and no about everything cruise related being back up. We used to rent a beach house down there on weekends and go into the historical district and shop for shrimp and play around. Im sure that area will never be quite the same which saddens me. Its a area that is special to me, not just because I cruise from there.
Back to top Go down
Joe A
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe A

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:46 pm

darlene wrote:
yes i also agree on tina's great contests, she is very very generous. who is supposed to be the one time wonder, (nick) i just don't get it,

One time wonders are people who join and post just once such in the All I Want For Christmas Contest. It was very clear that one or two people for example the winner kohaladonah had people join to increase her votes. One time wonders can also be people who create a fake screen name just so they can stir the pot and make trouble on the boards by placing a post of questionable taste or legitimacy.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Joe A wrote:
darlene wrote:

One time wonders are people who join and post just once such in the All I Want For Christmas Contest. It was very clear that one or two people for example the winner kohaladonah had people join to increase her votes. One time wonders can also be people who create a fake screen name just so they can stir the pot and make trouble on the boards by placing a post of questionable taste or legitimacy.

thanks for explaining, have a good day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders   Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin Quest - One Time Wonders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: