Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Dancing Cruises

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Best Dancing Cruises Empty
PostSubject: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi I am new.
We have done three cruises, one Norwegian and two Royal Caribbean. We love ballroom dancing and decided to try a cruise because we thought we would be able to dance even if we didn't like anything else. As it turned out on the Norwegian Dawn dancing was very limited and not what we expected but we loved the cruise anyway, the people , places , shows, food, activities, service, everything was great. On the RCL crusies there was better dancing.
So my question is what are the best cruises/cruise lines for dancing ?

DQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi and Welcome we're so happy you found us! Now, if Ballroom Dancing is your thing, you should really give Cunard very serious consideration, Ballroom Dancing and Ballroom Dance Instruction are big part of sailing on Cunard! Come over to the Cunard threads: https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/cunard-f26/

Also, IF you're interested, we have a great cruise on July 1, 2009, it's only 5 nights and, if you book before September 30, 2008, you get the pre-cruise package free! Here's the link: https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Queen-Mary-2-4th-of-July-2009-h45.htm
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Thanks Marina,
I will check that out.
DQ
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm

I agree with Marina, out of all the cruise lines out there Cunard has the best opportunities for ballroom dancing with daily classes and dancing on the largest ballrooms at sea every night. They have themed balls and these events are really well attended! If you like dancing this is the line for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Couldn't agree more - Ballroom Dancing and Cunard go together very well.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

I love ballroom dancing!!!. I might need to take a Cunard Cruise. I love all that.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 am

It looks like it is unanimous for Cunard.
Do you have any examples of the themes of the themed balls ? Are they announced before you board , so you know what to dress for ? Or are they a surpise ?
Back to top Go down
Peter M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Peter M

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 am

Your TA will usually be able to tell you which balls will be held before you leave so you know what to pack. Depending on the length of the cruise, there is usually an Ascot Ball or Venetian Ball or a Black & White Ball or some combination. They are a lot of fun and just people watching is half the fun - some outfits are over the top! Very Happy And as someone with lots of experience on Cunard, I can tell you that you won't be sorry if you book a Cunard cruise. As stated above, the July 1, 2009 would be an excellent choice to test the waters! In another thread someone pointed out, that it is actually less expensive to book QM2 for the 4th of July in 2009 than Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas for the same time period and length of cruise! Of course, this isn't always the case but, just happened to work out that way for this sailing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:11 pm

I will certainly give Cunard a try one of these days. Has anyone had experience of dancing on the really big ships that are being launched nowadays ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Dancing Cruises   Best Dancing Cruises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Dancing Cruises
Page 1 of 1